I would pay my money for:  

228 members have voted

1. 1. I would pay my money for:

• FC 3
    • DCS P51
    • DCS fighter module - maybe F18 or F16
    • DCS A10

For none from the above, well... maybe for FC3

Standing by for Russian jet or ground attack, or heli (KA-50 is the only one-seater ;))

I would pay thou for some nice Chinese takeaway... and some beer.

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go for that... about the poll, my PRIORITY would be a modern jet fighter, and I would prefer multirole rather than pure air-superiority aircraft simply because you could do variety of missions... A2A only will soon get boring for me

You get my opinion ... maybe one fighter each side will be the best way for a good challenge in a Human Vs Human contest ... sure thing , needless to say , the other side jet ( Russian i guess ) could be released is a second time ( hopefully not so long from the first). Think about fly a mission like RF with all F18s or F16s friendlies and foes ... IMHO it will make some confusion ...

we'll see

cya

• Like 1

61st Sq 'Griffins'- Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

You get my opinion ... maybe one fighter each side will be the best way for a good challenge in a Human Vs Human contest ... sure thing , needless to say , the other side jet ( Russian i guess ) could be released is a second time ( hopefully not so long from the first). Think about fly a mission like RF with all F18s or F16s friendlies and foes ... IMHO it will make some confusion ...

we'll see

cya

For 2x fighters (oposing sides) released simultaneously I'd pay 3x times the standard single module price :joystick:

I would pay money for:

- Multithreading (just on its own)

- any jet fighter

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

I am pretty much in the "all of the above" category. I may not fly them all on a regular basis but anything by ED would be worth having on my 'software delivery' disk drive.

Considering what I've spent on hardware, software is cheap!:P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

For 2x fighters (oposing sides) released simultaneously I'd pay 3x times the standard single module price :joystick:

I would pay money for:

- Multithreading (just on its own)

- any jet fighter

<_<

>_>

- SLI SUPPORT

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For none from the above, well... maybe for FC3

Standing by for Russian jet or ground attack, or heli (KA-50 is the only one-seater ;))

I would pay thou for some nice Chinese takeaway... and some beer.

Hey Bro I know this great lil place in Chinatown NYC its on Mott St. L:lol:l and they deliver.:megalol:

D. all the Above...IF they Release it what ever it is I will Buy it as long as Crap goes BOOM!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Seeing as ED are currently making a WW2 era fighter which I am very pleased about as the war era simulation market is lacking now after IL2, how about some older but not quite so old aircraft? I would pay big money immediately for a high fidelity simulation of :-

McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II

I think would fit in well with the other ground attack aircraft but with superior air to air capability. Or how about;

Blackburn Buccaneer - carrier ops.

English Electric Lightning - the brute power machine. "Like being saddled to a skyrocket."

Hawker Hunter - It's all too beautiful.

or indeed any Russian fixed wing fighter/interceptor.

:music_whistling:I'll keep dreaming...

Regards, Sam.

INTEL i7-7700k @ 4.8GHz / NVIDIA 1080-GTX 8Gb / 32Gb DDR4 @3200MHz / Win 10x64 Home

Nid oes bara ar ôl felly bydd gennych dost yn lle hynny.

The best thing is that also the jet fighter choiced could be changed ....

Great, " we are working in paralel between P-51 and DCS Jet Fighter " so on paralel that the jet could be changed? And what has been done until now? Thinking about it ?

If the jet model could be another one totally different what happens with the work already done in the actual one? Wasted time?

If the news were " we are in early stages of development with our new DCS jet , please be patient ", perfect, no problem at all, i can wait, but thinking in change the fighter in the middle of the process, Jesus Christ ¡¡

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Come on - is there some sort of 'negative only' filter on this thread ?

I just checked & about 1/4 of the discussion in this thread is from people asking that DCS be a single install that people can chose the planes they own from, and E.D. announces

What do we mean by a core-based system? This means that the main DCS engine that includes the GUI interface will serve as the core that content modules plug into it. Such content could include vehicles, maps, campaigns, etc. This will allow purchased DCS content to be accessed through a single DCS core hub.

and no-one even says "yay"

Cheers.

I guess all of the positive comments saying "yay" in the chitchat thread and on other forums about the overall announcement don't count?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

No - because as I said before there's a negative filter on this threaed 8)

It was asked for in this thread repeatedly, but in this thread the announcement only resulted in complaints, not a single mention of getting essentially what people had been asking for...

Seems perverse.

Cheers.

Seems perverse.

Which makes it pretty much normal, for the internet anyway!:P

P.S. I am generally pleased about the news letter.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I remember wags said in an last year interview that the next DCS jet was already started being worked on . how come it's still in the first stage.?

I feel rather disappointed .Maybe we'll get in2015 With the present development speed.

Edited by jp203000

ಠ_ಠ

They posted about the need for a highly valued wishlist item in the past, and have yet to say anything positive or negative post announcement.... therefore they deserve to be called out for being "negative only" in the past and failing to reply with gratitude a few hours after it was first announced? That seems abit silly to me.

Granted you will always have the "shut up and take my money" types, they are always going to be balanced by those who disagree with the idea, with a large majority somewhere between the two poles. For instance, I am happy to see such a feature is announced to be implemented, yet I am skill skeptical until it becomes part of the sim. I'm not proclaimed I will pay 100$ to see such a feature, nor am I stating its a terrible idea and a waste of time, I am in the middle.

Edited by Grimes

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I am definitely saying "YAY" to the core based system :thumbup: I am less excited to read the DCS jet is not even decided yet (since it can still be changed) andmost likely only 3D model, maybe cockpit is being worked on so far... that leaves 2 years easily till something like this is being completed and released :(

So for me, in short, there is one good news in this announcement, rest is not so good, or not good at all... if FC3 doesn't surprise in good way, and soon... next few years for me at least will be very dull

PS: maybe I am reading this wrong, but doesn't this mean ED are already working on (and well underway completing it) and will release it in 2012?

"Later in 2012, The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics will transition the DCS series to a core-based system."

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...