Will you buy FC3

Will you buy FC3  

675 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy FC3

• Yes
    • No

No, there is absolutely no difference in FC3 based on which previous versions you have. The only reason FC3 requires a previous version is because of licensing agreements with Ubisoft, which is the publisher and owner of the original Lock On. FC3 only requires an installation of one of the following: LOMAC, FC1, or FC2. But both FC1 and FC2 require LOMAC to install, so you should not buy those if you don't already have them. If you are a first time user, only buy the original Lock On.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently, I will not buy FC3.

Compared to FC2, for me it's a step backwards, with more limitations and added features I don't use.

I often play over LAN, with no internet available.

In FC2, I can; in FC3, I can't

The 3D models and skins are outdated (they seem to be extracted from Lomac or even Flanker 2.0)

In FC2, I can fly all day without a glitch, haven't been able to do that yet in DCS World.

• Like 1
Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

No, there is absolutely no difference in FC3 based on which previous versions you have. The only reason FC3 requires a previous version is because of licensing agreements with Ubisoft, which is the publisher and owner of the original Lock On. FC3 only requires an installation of one of the following: LOMAC, FC1, or FC2. But both FC1 and FC2 require LOMAC to install, so you should not buy those if you don't already have them. If you are a first time user, only buy the original Lock On.

I think I have all of these, but don't have them installed. What would be the right way of installing FC3 for me - installing LOMAC -> FC3 as a module to DCSW? Can I uninstall LOMAC after I install FC3?

As I do not own LOMAC: Is it available as digital download? Any ideas where they sell it at a reasonable price? Since I'm only interested in FC3, I would like to pay as little as possible for LOMAC...

I think I have all of these, but don't have them installed. What would be the right way of installing FC3 for me - installing LOMAC -> FC3 as a module to DCSW? Can I uninstall LOMAC after I install FC3?

Yes, first make sure DCS world is installed, then install LOMAC, then install FC3. You can uninstall LOMAC after you install FC3, but if you need to reinstall FC3 for any reason, you would need LOMAC installed again.

As I do not own LOMAC: Is it available as digital download? Any ideas where they sell it at a reasonable price? Since I'm only interested in FC3, I would like to pay as little as possible for LOMAC...

Unfortunately there are no digital download versions available in Norway. If you cannot find a copy of Lock On at any of your local stores, it is available on amazon and at the Lock On website. I provided a couple of links for your convenience.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Focus-Multimedia-Ltd-Lock-On-PC/dp/B00064YU3S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1352467965&sr=8-3

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop (scroll down)

[url=http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop][/url]

Edited by VincentLaw
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From what I've seen and read till now, I feel FC3 does not match my expectations as I'm more focusing on DCS aircraft.

Anyway, I think I'll buy it to support ED in their development progress/process.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Yes, first make sure DCS world is installed, then install LOMAC, then install FC3. You can uninstall LOMAC after you install FC3, but if you need to reinstall FC3 for any reason, you would need LOMAC installed again.

Unfortunately there are no digital download versions available in Norway. If you cannot find a copy of Lock On at any of your local stores, it is available on amazon and at the Lock On website. I provided a couple of links for your convenience.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Focus-Multimedia-Ltd-Lock-On-PC/dp/B00064YU3S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1352467965&sr=8-3

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop (scroll down)

Great help! Thank you :)

I'll go for a used copy that was priced at only GBP 0.01

I am pretty sure that I will buy it eventually, but probably not in the next couple of days / weeks. I am more interrested in the Russian birds but FC3 does not seem to bring that much improvement in this area and we already got the Su-25T in DCS:World.

We (at least my Squad) need an allied SEAD capable aircraft (F-16x, FA-18x,

F-15E) and while FC3 has a fast mover..... it is lacking, and if I spend the small amount of cash now, and in a few weeks someone introduces the Allied SEAD aircraft, then I am having to find that money again. Do I wait, or just buy FC3 thinking the needed aircraft is a long ways off... I wish the powers that be could provide some type of possible time table.

A ' Guesstimate '... would be extremely helpful on when and what...

Dilema !!

:doh:

of course I have no clue what features might be added to FC3 while in Beta that are not already part of it... so there maybesoemthing I am going to regret if I odn't take advantage, but I did not take advantage of other offering and missed out on Nevada map. I have gotten other goodies in the past and feel like I have lots of goodies. Decisions, Decisions!!

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I would be a very, very happy and grateful customer and enjoy FC3 if ED improved the landing and taxiing. I can live without clickable cockpit, hell, most of those switches you click only at the startup and seldomly use them again (hence the HOTAS), but the whole ice skating, arcadish feel of taxiing and getting glued on the runway on touchdown..is too much of a turn off..

If they fix that and make the landing a bit more challenging, it would add a whole new dimension to FC3.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

As we are still in beta they still are squashing bugs and adding features. This might get fixed.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I think that they have been pretty clear that no significant FM changes will be part of FC3. The scripted ground/air transition bothers me too. It bothered me in FC and FC2. But I don't suspect that it will change without an AFM. Do any of us really expect that for a product we have already paid for? Since Flanker and LOMAC we have become accustomed to the AFMs in Falcon BMS, the ED Su25s and the DCS A-10. After flying these things it is very hard to go back and still find the experience satisfying.

Yes i bought it the moment it came out.

But i regret it now, for reasons very well known to Ed at the moment!

But it isn't the money!!, i gladly pay twice or triple the amount if it were up to my expectations.

We as DFDT DutchFlankerDisplayTeam always supported ED's products on every (lan) event there was.

We had very good discussions with Jim Mack and Groove, who always were very ecxited, like during

The LowlandTigermeet, Fsweekend etc.

The way ED is going now is very confusing now.

As JoeKurr wrote, we are not able to give demo's of FC3 or DCS when there is no internet for a LAN event.

We asked for a solution, but only Jim responded (use a cell phone, but that isnt an option).

So far only silence from ED.

Maybe you can understand were feeling a bit biased now.

Wasserfall.

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Very few SIM's do modeling of that sort anyway.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P