Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

DCS P-51D Mustang Available for Pre-Purchase

Wags

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought. I've got several hours in it and personally, this is the best module, yet. The fly by sound is stunning. The whistle thing is not always heard but it's there. The exhaust manifolds breathe fire in sequence - might be eye candy or the engine firing order is actually modeled. Strafing looks and feels like those guncam videos. Difficult? Yes. But I think people with top-of-the-line HOTAS may disagree. Taking off and landing is a migraine starter - as advertised. You just can't firewall the throttle and get away with it - read the instruction! After countless attempts, I've gotten the hang of taking off, but it is still a hit n miss. Landing, I can only get it down in pieces. Migraine kicking in just thinking about it.

If you want to role play then buy il2. This is a detailed simulation of one of the best warbirds ever produced made for people who dream of flight. It is what it is at its best.

Edited by leafer

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Bought. I've got several hours in it and personally, this is the best module, yet. The fly by sound is stunning. The whistle thing is not always heard but it's there.

A little known fact - the whistle is actually caused by airflow over the gun-ports at high angles of attack.

Nate

A little known fact - the whistle is actually caused by airflow over the gun-ports at high angles of attack.

Nate

Oh not this sh*t again. :D

And leafer, please stop making me jealous. :D

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I actually told my sparing partner I'm buying a paint program. Just a hint. :D

A paint program with sound effects!!:megalol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Great, cool, yeah! Finaly!

Excusme. May we now have some aircraft that actualy fits into the DCS? You, know i mean something that actualy has more sense and is not that pointless and useless like p-51 in Georgia over the socrealistic settlements etc. for 40$ ?

• Like 1

Got this error after I tried to install, not sure what it means or whether their is anything I can do.

"A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine."

Did this error prevent installation/execution of DCS World? If it does, try reinstalling and deselect the option for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (you have a newer version already installed).

attachment.php?attachmentid=65170

Did this error prevent installation/execution of DCS World? If it does, try reinstalling and deselect the option for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (you have a newer version already installed).

attachment.php?attachmentid=65170

Yes I just tried to install it all this morning and got and error now..for DirectX didn't install..so even though it installed could not run it...

I currently now have a fresh install of Win7-64bit

:huh:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Great, cool, yeah! Finaly!

Excusme. May we now have some aircraft that actualy fits into the DCS? You, know i mean something that actualy has more sense and is not that pointless and useless like p-51 in Georgia over the socrealistic settlements etc. for 40$ ?

You can have the Su-25T right now if you like?

Nate

I have to agree with Nate and the general consensus here - this is a fantastic product. It may not be q800's "cup of tea" but don't discount their hard work.

Everyone wants DCS:Next Fighter and that will come in time. Until then enjoy the marvels that we are given.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Flew it last night for all of 20 mins. I'm personally surprised how well it performs in beta on my aging computer. Technical surprises aside......my GOD how much I love this module. During setup I switched directly to realistic and thought I turned off the takeoff aides (didn't drop the slider to 0% after clicking off the assist. My first takeoff was perfect (thanks to the assist)...I figured something had to be wrong...exited out before rotating.

Slider off...

Takeoff #2.

Trimmed rudder to takeoff position and slowly pushed the throttle forward slowly...noticed immediately the difference, but was able to keep her under satisfactory control (not picture perfect by any means)...I sigh of relief as I rotated smoothly away from the runway. Can't wait to see what it's like with drop tanks and rockets/drop tank.

There is so much to learn, especially in the combat area, I still have some serious hotas mapping to do, but looking forward to the following few weeks/months/years...mastering another DCS bird.

Love the DCS World by the way, visions coming to fruition.

Congrats ED on the release.

Very Interesting

Hey;

Well, this is quite a nice turnaround...from alot of bickering to alot of members making purchases..I like it...shows that if DCS/TFC go beyond this module to further many more in same era...then we are off to the races....:thumbup:

[/Table]

Hey;

Well, this is quite a nice turnaround...from alot of bickering to alot of members making purchases..I like it...shows that if DCS/TFC go beyond this module to further many more in same era...then we are off to the races....:thumbup:

Many of us buy P51 to support ED, but would prefer more work put towards DCS Fighter Jets. I think I am stating the obvious and I am not being negative. it's just your statement shows not everyone realises this.

Many of us buy P51 to support ED, but would prefer more work put towards DCS Fighter Jets. I think I am stating the obvious and I am not being negative. it's just your statement shows not everyone realises this.

true but is also the best of both worlds....no problem " Crunch " hey I am moving where my balcony is over looking the lake for the TO Air Show...:thumbup:

[/Table]

true but is also the best of both worlds....no problem " Crunch " hey I am moving where my balcony is over looking the lake for the TO Air Show...:thumbup:

Either way you slice it. The P-51D looks like it will be another amzing achievement from ED.

Send me a pm before the airshow. Maybe I could make it over and hang out.

Either way you slice it. The P-51D looks like it will be another amzing achievement from ED.

Send me a pm before the airshow. Maybe I could make it over and hang out.

Roger....beer and burgers...:thumbup:

[/Table]

Beautiful.

Looking forward to what you do with this one!:thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: