Isn't 40 Dollars a bit much?

Impact

It doesn't seem that the P51 module has much bang per buck like the other modules, especially since preorder prices used to be cheaper.

What possibilities does it have? Are the 40 dollars justified?

------=:: I FLY BLEIFREI ::=------

What about € being implemented in the e-shop ?

Will you keep that attitude if ED opens an EU account for this and starts taking into account EU price levels and taxes? ;)

Careful what you wish for. That's exactly what Steam did and they never stop getting complaints. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Will you keep that attitude if ED opens an EU account for this and starts taking into account EU price levels and taxes? ;)

Careful what you wish for. That's exactly what Steam did and they never stop getting complaints. :P

$ != € !!! If you'd do like steam, then keep dollars.

­­­­­­

If ED doesn't do like Steam, why start listing separate? That's my point.

(And from an economic perspective, $ actually pretty much is €, after you adjust for taxes and price levels. Basically, if you want american prices, move to america. If you're in europe, pay european prices. If you're in Norway... you lucky ba.... .... :P )

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

It's about average for a new game. I would happily pay a bit of a premium for DCS quality and if it helps support the development of new modules then I'll gladly cough up. I'd rather see this going to the developers than some middle man like EA.

Saying that though, im not sure the P-51D appeals to me. I'll have to see some videos first.

It doesn't seem that the P51 module has much bang per buck like the other modules, especially since preorder prices used to be cheaper.

Doesn't have the "speed per buck" to be bought if you ask me... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

I'll have to see some videos first.

Early code: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFYRKKffkF8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

+1

no no for €

$ != € !!! If you'd do like steam, then keep dollars.

Well it is not. 40 $ is 30 €. And I like it that way more than 40 $ = 40 €. :thumbup: And Mustang is worth every $ (in my humble opinion)

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

Mirtma, read my previous post. :)

You in slovenia unfortunately get the "short end of the stick" in this kind of thing, but well...

I think you got the currencies backwards though. But even then your conversion is only a direct currency conversion. It does not take into account all the other variables that are relevant. To make a quick example: why do I purchase bread so much more cheaply when I'm in russia than when I'm at home in sweden?

These things are WAY more complex than a simple conversion rate indicates, so please drop that. It's all hypothetical in this case anyhow, since ED is charging in dollars and that's that. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Well, maybe I didn't understand it well, but I only want to say that I don't like when prices in $ and in € are equalised. If game on Steam is priced 40 € I would rather buy from where is 40 $. If I would take in consideration other things (like that for 40 € I would get 20 beers in pub ... ) no, I don't want to go further ;)

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

• ED Team

worth every penny :thumbup:

more fun than you can shake a stick at :thumbup:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You can only get away with doing that once .. fool me twice and all that

I do think $40 is a bit much for P51 without it having similar WW2 aircraft

to go up against

If more are added I might get it , otherwise I shall await it in the bargain bin

Tis your prerogative of course.

Nate

I don't think it is overpriced. Sorry. I don't feel the same as you do...:music_whistling:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I know I've brought this argument some time ago but...

If it has crappy Plane XY for MS FSX written on it people happily pay 40-50 EUR for it.

If it is a sophisticated, accurately modeled full 6-DOF clickable cockpit, with everything from foils, airflow to avionics, hydraulics and radios detailed as hell DCS Title they complain about the price? :doh:

I suggest ED produces an "acceleration pack" for the new EDGE engine that will be available for another $50 to keep up with the "professionals" from MS.

A Gold Version including DCS World, the Acceleration pack (EDGE) and the old DCS A-10C and BS2 for some $150 seems totally reasonable for me...:megalol:

Can't people just stop complaining and whining, ED produces absolutely the best "bang for the buck" I've ever seen!

If you want cheap, go and download MS Flight © that is for "free"...

I'm back to flying my brand new virgin P-51D in some minutes...

See ya!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I know I've brought this argument some time ago but...

If it has crappy Plane XY for MS FSX written on it people happily pay 40-50 EUR for it.

If it is a sophisticated, accurately modeled full 6-DOF clickable cockpit, with everything from foils, airflow to avionics, hydraulics and radios detailed as hell DCS Title they complain about the price? :doh:

I suggest ED produces an "acceleration pack" for the new EDGE engine that will be available for another $50 to keep up with the "professionals" from MS.

A Gold Version including DCS World, the Acceleration pack (EDGE) and the old DCS A-10C and BS2 for some $150 seems totally reasonable for me...:megalol:

Can't people just stop complaining and whining, ED produces absolutely the best "bang for the buck" I've ever seen!

If you want cheap, go and download MS Flight © that is for "free"...

I'm back to flying my brand new virgin P-51D in some minutes...

See ya!

Well, I don't buy any of those expensive entertainment packs for FSX. Because they are expensive.

------=:: I FLY BLEIFREI ::=------

Well, I don't buy any of those expensive entertainment packs for FSX. Because they are expensive.

No, not exactly: You do not buy them, because you feel it is not WORTH the price which is true by the way.

Everybody decides for himself on what he buys to make him happy. It is mostly the "want-to-have" and "that's-exactly-what-I-want" effect, that leads to a decision to spend money for something.

If one feels it's worth the money he will buy an expensive luxury car for $500.000, if he's got the money!

It is just a personal decision you make. If you think a DCS: P-51D is not worth $40 it is ok for me. Just don't come complaining, that it is not worth the money aka "too expensive". This is a personal thing. Basically you go whining to the Rolls Royce shop, that their cars are waaaaay too expensive!

...which is ridiculous, because we are talking about luxury goods anyway. :D

If you complain that rates for accomodation, food prices, fresh water are "too expensive" that is another thing. These are necessities, but a luxury / for fun thing like "Computer Games" or fancy cars... No! I don't agree :music_whistling:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)