• AH-1W Super Cobra
    • AH-64A Apache
    • AH-64D Longbow
    • Eurocopter Tiger
    • Mi-24 Hind
    • Mi-28 Havok
    • Rooivalk
    • Other

But remember that the Radar is called the 'Longbow' not the chopper. Without it it's just called AH-64D.

Sorry about that.

Well, the A-10C was approved despite it's high-techness, so maybe in a couple of years the Apache Longbow might get approved as well. Who knows. And if ED wants to make it of course. We don't even know if the module after A-10 will be a helicopter, right?

"Well, ya know, she's not pretty like an A129, but more like an AH-64, you get an instant hard-on when you see her."

Sorry about that.

Well, the A-10C was approved despite it's high-techness, so maybe in a couple of years the Apache Longbow might get approved as well. Who knows. And if ED wants to make it of course. We don't even know if the module after A-10 will be a helicopter, right?

I sure as heck hope not :)

I sure as heck hope not :)

Why? I love flying fixed-wings, but when I heard about the Ka-50 (and did some research to find out what the hell it was) I was in love. XD

A two-seater chopper would be just amazing... Though I wonder how the gunner seat would work out, if you would have to have something like TrackIR to use it effectively. That would put a hole in my budget. =(

And to everyone that keeps saying "this isn't going to happen"

The thread is titled "Most Wanted" not "Most likely to happen". Kinda like the wish list thread, it's what you want, not necessarily what is realistic.

Lead Admin/Founder of Kilo-Tango Gaming Community

A two-seater chopper would be just amazing... Though I wonder how the gunner seat would work out, if you would have to have something like TrackIR to use it effectively. That would put a hole in my budget. =(

being the gunner would be differnt cos you'll be looking through/ using that thingy most of the time.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Next module will be a multifunctional fighter.

That would be the wise/obvious choice if your motivation is largely financial........would make a killing! That said - With the correct marketing strategy, I would hesitate to add that the A-10C is going to be a huge success in it's own right.

The Boundries of the Flight SIM Industry are being redrawn as we speak, and as it stands, ED at the moment is wielding the Largest Permanent Marker.......The Future is Bright Indeed :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Voted for Hind & other

For de Ah64 D, Tiger, Mi 28 yes it's good for me but i think is "classified"....

Why "Other" ==> for mission Transport,CSAR etc.....or "Naval" Version:)

Alternative Helo:

Bell uh1 &/or varient

Puma/super Puma/Cougar

Ka 25/28/29/32

Mi 6/8/17 &/or varient

Mi 26 ....

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

History of the Black Shark 1, 2

Le sort du Requin Noir: 1, 2, 3.

Why? I love flying fixed-wings, but when I heard about the Ka-50 (and did some research to find out what the hell it was) I was in love. XD

And to everyone that keeps saying "this isn't going to happen"

The thread is titled "Most Wanted" not "Most likely to happen". Kinda like the wish list thread, it's what you want, not necessarily what is realistic.

Sorry, no disrespect intended. I know that this thread is about Helis. I just couldn't resist.

Sorry, no disrespect intended. I know that this thread is about Helis. I just couldn't resist.

I was just curious about your line of thought is all.

It's all perception right? ;)

I haven't voted yet but will soon:

AH-64D, just because it's awesome (regardless of if it's classified, I WANT it. It won't happen, but that doesn't make me want it anyless)

Mi-28N for some real night missions. P=

OH-58D, for the cooperation between the Kiowa pilots, and attack helo pilots.

While the Mi-24 is a nifty helo, due to it's weight I imagine it would be rather sluggish, and I don't think I would enjoy flying it.

AH-1W would be cool too.

Don't know much about Western European attack helicoptrs (Eurotiger is all I know, and the WAH-64 of course).

EDIT: Looking up the A129/Rooivalk/Eurocopter and I love how they all look similar.

Edited by TKMR

Lead Admin/Founder of Kilo-Tango Gaming Community

• 2 weeks later...

Digital Combat Simulator: Apache

So let's talk about it.

Is there going to be a GPS system?

I for one hope to have both an authentic A model and one that has anything declassified from the D model added to the A model, and as stuff becomes declassified we could have it added by Eagle Dynamics.

Or maybe (in my dreams) the US Army calls up Eagle Dynamics and tells them to build a Longbow sim to replace the current sim software they use.

If the Apache happens, there won't be any mixing from D to A. It will get whatever the latest upgrade (probably) of the A had.

Well I'm just fine without the radar. If there's a GPS in the A I'll be a happy camper, because otherwise I'd be horribly lost in the game.

I like glass cockpits too.

Any chance a few decades in the future we might see a DCS: Longbow?

I think the Longbow is a long, long, loooooooooooooong ways off if ever.

The newest A upgrades should have a GPS, but the A also always had a DNS (same as the Black Shark's primary navigation instrument. Turn the ABRIS off and see how you do with the PVI-800. Old-shcool.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The A-model does have GPS, but there is no moving map like the ABRIS on the Ka-50, it's all text.

EDIT: Yes, like having just a PVI-800 and no ABRIS.

EDIT 2: Also no data link. (some version of the A-model did have the data link, if I remember correctly, but it was never full production mod, it was just tested as far as I know.)

Edited by AlphaOneSix
  • Like 1

I think the Longbow is a long, long, loooooooooooooong ways off if ever.

The newest A upgrades should have a GPS, but the A also always had a DNS (same as the Black Shark's primary navigation instrument. Turn the ABRIS off and see how you do with the PVI-800. Old-shcool.)

Note I said a few decades :smilewink:

But yeah, I think I'd be better off letting the AI pilots shlep me around while I gun.

I've always loved gunning.

And yes, by the time I hit middle age I'm hoping DCS: Longbow should be coming out.

They do sell a manual for the Apache Longbow, but this is for military only and they only ship to APOs.

http://www.catalog-a.biz/item.php?item_id=213

And isn't it true that VBS 2 has a fully simulated Apache already?

EDIT: I like study sims, but sadly all the cool things (Mi-28N, AH-64D) are still classified. I would absolutely love to see a fully done sim for those attack helos, even if it meant having to jump through hoops to get them.

Edited by Hunt3r.j2

And isn't it true that VBS 2 has a fully simulated Apache already?

erm.... not to the standerd as a flight sim....

VBS is mainly to train GROUND TROOPS how to fight. The air power is to help the ground troops to call in CAS.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Don't get expectations up just yet. ;)

Oh, I'm not rushing to Amazon to look for a pre-order yet or anything. :D It's just the first time I've seen the Apache spelled out as "DCS:Apache". I know it's not final that it'll be the follow-up to the A-10.

However, being in the middle of reading Ed Macy's book Apache, I'm a little excited for all things Apache at the moment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I'm just fine without the radar. If there's a GPS in the A I'll be a happy camper, because otherwise I'd be horribly lost in the game.

I like glass cockpits too...

No GPS, no AMMS, no inertial, only paper maps, nav rulers and nav plans. This teaches quick-tempered, technocrat rookie pilots IRL to stay cool, navigate and fulfill a mission either when GPS sats are down, AMMS has a few cal .50 holes on the display and INS always blows its fuse:P.

I hope there will be possible to print the map in BS, at least in 1:500k scale... well, I might be lazy to use it instead of ABRIS:D.

За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

No GPS, no AMMS, no inertial, only paper maps, nav rulers and nav plans. This teaches quick-tempered, technocrat rookie pilots IRL to stay cool, navigate and fulfill a mission either when GPS sats are down, AMMS has a few cal .50 holes on the display and INS always blows its fuse:P.

I hope there will be possible to print the map in BS, at least in 1:500k scale... well, I might be lazy to use it instead of ABRIS:D.

Awww... I've always preferred to use a moving map GPS, mainly because I'd like to see a map of the area.

At least the gunning system should be nice and advanced. And the ultimate test of patience....

Waiting to see the day that the AH-64D operator's manual is declassified and that someone makes a comprehensive sim for it. Oh, and a Mi-28 would be nice to see eventually.