• AH-1W Super Cobra
    • AH-64A Apache
    • AH-64D Longbow
    • Eurocopter Tiger
    • Mi-24 Hind
    • Mi-28 Havok
    • Rooivalk
    • Other

No GPS, no AMMS, no inertial, only paper maps, nav rulers and nav plans. This teaches quick-tempered, technocrat rookie pilots IRL to stay cool, navigate and fulfill a mission either when GPS sats are down, AMMS has a few cal .50 holes on the display and INS always blows its fuse:P.

I hope there will be possible to print the map in BS, at least in 1:500k scale... well, I might be lazy to use it instead of ABRIS:D.

Old skool rules.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Longbow?

I think the Longbow is a long, long, loooooooooooooong ways off if ever.

The newest A upgrades should have a GPS, but the A also always had a DNS (same as the Black Shark's primary navigation instrument. Turn the ABRIS off and see how you do with the PVI-800. Old-shcool.)

Just for conversation, I am old enough to remember the old amiga version of "Gunship" and later the PC versions of Longbow etc and loved them all. I often wonder why there has been no recent games based on the Longbow even a possible release of a revamped "Gunship" I am sure the game would be as popular now as it was back then,:thumbup:

Cheers

hahaha

DCS: Tornado with Buccaneer for support

All versions of Tornado and Buccaneer*

* minus the S.1 cos that was sh......... rubbish

Edited by joey45
  • Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

I still have it :D

Me, too.

I still have it complete with box, handbook and disk. Good old times ;)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

All you need is a Flare Cannister and a Grenade Dispenser........

:P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Just get ED to purchase the rights to Janes Longbow 2, do a terrain upgrade, add ARNEHs pit with click buttons, and Aeyes make over, then make it compatable with ARMA2, so we can blow the crap out of online infantry and armour :D

The manual is already done - http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.3093

Looks like a simple cut and paste compilation, do you reckon we could shoot for a 2010 first quarter release ED ;)

In all likelyhood ED already has an idea what the next module after the hog will be. Im waiting for the announcement. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Nah I prefer Digital Combat Simulator : Cessna 152 - The plane you've always wanted in a Combat sim :D

DCS: A4 Paper Plane.

Cheap UAV, Easy to use, Not classified, Disposable, Ecological, Zero emmissions, Super-light, Super stealthy, Absolutely silent, With Force-Feedback, Pulls up to 20 G's. Aaaaand the pilot is also the constructor, designer, maintainance- and ground crew in one person. Cheap, cheap, cheap...

Payload: up to 2 Pencils, 2 Confetti-Cluster Canisters and a laser-pointer.

Available in Recycled-Brown and Bleached-coffee-cup-stained Winter-Camo.

Edited by Endoplasmic Reticulum

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

Available in Recycled-Brown and Bleached-coffee-cup-stained Winter-Camo.
:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

I say............ the Gazzelle. and yes I am reading Hellfire.

Hahahahaha :lol:. Alrighty, thx. It's like a bulb lighting in my head now. I've thought of something completely different. Ouch :doh:. How emberracing. Stupid me.

Its the Bible MK2.

Sorry. I'm not religious :D. But it would'nt harm to learn about other cultures, right? Sounds like an interesting book (it is a book, isn't it?).

Edited by Endoplasmic Reticulum
  • Like 1

It's more then a book...

If you want to piss off a priest, say that you're a Wiccan/Pagen. Works all the time.

I just finished reading Apache. That was a literary religious experience if I ever had one.

One thing I took out of it is that flying a combat helicopter is 95% situational awareness, scouting, and teamwork, and 5% actually shooting things. You don't get into a fight unless you've got a good idea what you're up against, who you're working with, and who's got your back. That, and that combat pilots are more creative than most artists.

BTW, when is someone going to make a mod where we strap pair of Spetsnaz or Russian Naval Infantry to our Black Shark's wings? :)

Edited by wickedpenguin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just finished reading Apache. That was a literary religious experience if I ever had one.

One thing I took out of it is that flying a combat helicopter is 95% situational awareness, scouting, and teamwork, and 5% actually shooting things. You don't get into a fight unless you've got a good idea what you're up against, who you're working with, and who's got your back. That, and that combat pilots are more creative than most artists.

BTW, when is someone going to make a mod where we strap pair of Spetsnaz or Russian Naval Infantry to our Black Shark's wings? :)

The same day they implement MP infantry into DCS.