• AH-64A Apache
    • AH-64D Longbow
    • Eurocopter Tiger
    • Mi-24 Hind
    • Mi-28 Havok
    • Rooivalk
    • Other

Use it in a troop transport role. Its not all about the attack role

I cant see it in DCS. Only reason why is because it is a troop transport. What troops are you going to transport? The rifle platoon that is always kneeling while mysteriously moving forward?:music_whistling:

• 4 months later...

I'd gratefully accept and fly any helicopter that ED manages to produce for us in such fantastic detail and quality. I'm a rotorhead :D

However, some time down the line if all goes well and ED feel they can... I'd like to see the Lynx and BO105 added to the collection simply due to their awesome manoeuvrability. It would be great fun to simply go hot-dogging in those two birds. Mission is optional.. lol.

I already have a helo; now I want an A-10--wished you had NEVER asked either; if the devs want my opinion, then THEY would ask. What are you going to do with this information anyway? Build your own chopper flight sim for the masses?

Gigabyte|Q6600|8GB DDR3|GTX285|Win7 64|X-65

If I had was the one to decide and there which one should be first - I'd go straight for beast AH-64. This is most interesting helicopter of them all (opposed to Ka-50) even if I like Mi-24 so much.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

OH-58D Kiowa :thumbup:

This would be interesting for MP co-op with AH-64A (since it's already being made). But, it has limited potential as a major add-on, so I'd rather see a Super Cobra, Hind or a Havoc (even if Havoc would be a somewhat similar experience to the Ka-50). I have to admit that the Apache doesn't attract me at all. It's been done to death already (even if not at this level) and (IMHO, of course) it's too ordinary and common and.. - I'll say it - boring in a way. Or in many ways. I'll still buy it. Probably. I guess. Damn, I'm so indeceisive. Or maybe I am not?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Damn, I'm so indeceisive. Or maybe I am not?

You are. Or maybe not?!?!?

Well as you mentioned AH-64 has been done before, but would be a thrill to play it in this DCS-Detail. I personally love russian engineering and my vote(s) go to MI-24 and Mi-28. Last one is my favorite (the "N"-version).

What wonders me, is that we were told that most of them are still classified and would'nt have a chance of appearing in a DCS-module. Why are we being asked which we'd want which we definitely would'nt get? It's like offering a kid a candy on a stick and immediately pull it away again as it wants to grab for it. You know what happens afterwards: Lots of tears and a kid (simmer) needing psychological treatment for the rest of its' life.

Please don't do that....

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

@ Endoplasmic Reticulum: ED isn;t asking what chopper you'd want to see. Debio is. It's all his fault.

....Lots of tears and a kid (simmer) needing psychological treatment for the rest of its' life.

damn, that shrink cost me alot of dough.:P

the AH64D is whey out of the question even without the Longbow radar, same goes for the Havoc.

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

@ Endoplasmic Reticulum: ED isn;t asking what chopper you'd want to see. Debio is. It's all his fault.

Bad Debio. Very very bad Debio!!! Arghhh. I need my heart-pills :shocking:.

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

same goes for the Havoc.

Why would that be? What's the difference in secrecy levels between Ka-50 and Mi-28 (not the latest N variant)?

I would love for the RAF or Royal Navy Mountain Rescue Seakings to be released, ok its NEVER going to happen, but those big yellow birds fly over my house very often and everytime I see them go by I am in awe.

There's a fair chance that it might get released for FSX. There are some airplanes which are simulated in detail (e.g. the Aerosoft's F-16, that new F/A-18E, C-130..) so you might get lucky. For rescue missions, you don't really need a military simulator. OK, maybe for immersion factor, a battlefield environment and rescuing downed pilots would be nice to have, but unless DCS goes global and some aftermarket companies start churning out the add-ons for it, I guess it's not happening.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I would vote for the Apache AH-64A, data is out there for this aircraft and many nations listed in the Black Shark editor fly it. Therefore, you could fly for your favorite nation with some semblance of reality.

I would also vote for the Mangusta because Turkey just signed a deal to purchase/build 200+ of them the last few years and Turkey is a prominant power in the black sea and thus in the BS mission editor. There are others here with more knowledge but I don't think the Mangusta is not all that sophisticated in terms of classified technology thus ED might be able to actually simulate the aircraft realistically.

My third choice would be of course the Mi-24 hind. Probably the most famous helicopter in the world, and I'm sure ED could get data on it for the sim. Might be interesting to fly for Georgia?

Just a thought, does the Westland Apache have the same information restrictions as the American Longbow?

Not that the AH-64A would be a problem, as long as a flyable OH-58 is included. ;)

"Well, ya know, she's not pretty like an A129, but more like an AH-64, you get an instant hard-on when you see her."

rooivalk would be very cool for me personally.... but I can't see that ever happening.

the what? rooivalk?

warbird pretty much said it.

But remember that the Radar is called the 'Longbow' not the chopper. Without it it's just called AH-64D.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

the what? rooivalk?

warbird pretty much said it.

But remember that the Radar is called the 'Longbow' not the chopper. Without it it's just called AH-64D.

Yip... rooivalk:

rooivalk-1.jpg

• Like 1

Win 10pro x64 | i5 2500 | 16GB RAM | GTX1060 6GB | Logitech G940 | Tir5 + TC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yip... rooivalk:

rooivalk-1.jpg

:thumbup:

Are those the Mokopa's strapped to the Pylons? Sweet LOAL Justice at 10 Clicks..........Nice! :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

You should see these things fly over, they look evil. Sort of like a mixing of east and west. Hind & Apache

Aye - Fortunate enough to have seen the Rooivalk a coupla times at Airshows back South. Menacing Indeed. Always thought the Rooivalk exudes the element of 'Finesse' as opposed to the 'Brute Force' of the Super-Hind.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'