Fire angle of Vikhr is wrong?

Boberro

Hey,

In DCS World I seem to lose more Vikhrs than usual and I decided to glance at the problem. Don't know it is *that* but it seems so.

When we fire Vikhr, it ejects from the tube launcher - however its launch is weird. Angle of ejection from the tube is lower than tube itself.

See pictures:

I flew stable level and speed.

You see red line as it should be when we look at tube launcher position and angle.

Yellow line is where missile goes after ejection - it is lower than tube itself, physically impossible....

ibam64t3jvQZTh.jpg

iCYgkbElmCViC.jpg

Here pic from the cockpit - as you see missile will not go to the center of circle, where should be.

iUvx71MafAHja.jpg

Here I dive - you see "LA" (it is automated, I didn't override "LA" permission). If LA, it means it is OK.

i7e44OWY4Dl9O.jpg

But it is not - as you see missile didn't go to the center of the circle. It went much lower. So I had "LA" and lost missile? It just went off rail lower than it should :)

ir96p40spIWNi.jpg

Please fix it either by correcting launch angle of missile or lowering laser beam and circle mark on the HUD to allow missile "catch" laser's beam.

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post boberro, i have severe headaches because this weird Vikrh behaviour now. No matter what i do, i always have more than 30% fail missiles in every mission doing exactly the same things in every launching

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thank you sir, thats is exactly what is happening.

In the Black Shark2 same issue. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Ok ran the BS2 again and all vikrs seem to work fine its just the SU25T having an issue.

:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

This issue has been observed in this thread also: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=88625

Nice that you did some investigation into the issue!

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

I hope it will, as same as AA mode for Vikhrs :E

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

It's just "feature" - Ka-50 has AA mode for Vikhr, it'd be nice to have it in 25T too.... but I know it is unlikely hmm

ಠ_ಠ

It's just "feature" - Ka-50 has AA mode for Vikhr, it'd be nice to have it in 25T too.... but I know it is unlikely hmm

is that on the SU25T? as it does have R60m's...Although it would make since going after helicopters and such.

Unfortunately it is unknown. However Vikhr is stated to "intercept" flying targets up to 800 km\h. Why couldn't T-Toad use such feature as well? It just sets fuse up ^^

But it is only a guess, for me quite logic though:)

ಠ_ಠ

Yes,i have also problems with Vikhor missiles.I do everythig OK,plane is still,but missile just go down and miss the target.Lots of missiles ar bad egg.

Edited by 159th_Viper

Смрт фашизму,слобода народу!

your right the center circle just keeps far left or right not aligning itself with the laser for tracking to target. on the Ka50. The vikrs rack is supposed to move or articulate. :thumbup:

Reported - no promises it will be fixed though.

Nate

Well, this doesn't sound too promising. I think this needs fixing and it doesn't look like some complicated fix. VIKHR is very important weapon for Su-25T and many fly this aircraft exclusively, anyway Ka-50 can be also affected.

Well, this doesn't sound too promising. I think this needs fixing and it doesn't look like some complicated fix. VIKHR is very important weapon for Su-25T and many fly this aircraft exclusively, anyway Ka-50 can be also affected.

Any bug I report is not guaranteed to be fixed - I have no control over what gets fixed - at all - I simply report them to ED.

Nate

DCS World/Blackshark 2/ HUD Display, Shkval Using Vikhr Missles

Any bug I report is not guaranteed to be fixed - I have no control over what gets fixed - at all - I simply report them to ED.

Nate

Nate,

I have seen the same issue with BS2 and the World environment. I did a full uninstall of all the World elements and a full re-install. The issue remained with BS2 and World after the re-install.

I did a test of BS2 Standalone and I could not find any issues.

I don't know if it could help, but here is a little track.

3rd vikhir I launched is right in the middle of the circle, but fall right to the ground

Su-25 Vickhir problem.trk

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

I don't know if it could help, but here is a little track.

3rd vikhir I launched is right in the middle of the circle, but fall right to the ground

yea they know about it I get the same issue the laser turns on and off when it wants to.

the misslie goes dum. :thumbup:

"And of course, that never happens when some AI aircraft fires them... "

ain't that the truth..