Fire angle of Vikhr is wrong?

Boberro

I was so sure you had found the answer, Viper! but unfortunately I'm getting the same results as Nate: Missiles go dead even with the sigh centred throughout.

I'll try doing some tests in FC2 again this week if I find some time. It's been a while, but I just don't remember losing so many Vikhrs...

Thanks anyway for looking at the problem!

Vikhr test 02.trk

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Issue rectified. MUCH better now :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

glad to know I wasnt the one screwing it up. I thought they changed it from flaming cliffs where I used to fire off multiple vihkrs one after the other engaging up to 3 targets at once. Now I can only do one....then override weapon release and fire the second...that usually always fails in a trajectory motion.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I think i figured out a workaround for this meanwhile we are waiting for the patch. When having the target in the sight, first wait for the aircraft to stop oscillate. Then put the target in the lower half of the targeting circle. This will ensure when you launch the missile it will catch the laser beam imediately after launch. When you have launched the missile will travel slightly under the laser beam, therefore compensate by diving a bit or just put the target in the upper half of the targeting circle. After compensating for a second or two, keep the target centered in the target circle and keep stable until impact. You should also check the windspeed in the mission as the Vikhrs seems useless in strong winds.

This seems to work OK for me, hope it helps someone.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

I think i figured out a workaround for this meanwhile we are waiting for the patch. When having the target in the sight, first wait for the aircraft to stop oscillate. Then put the target in the lower half of the targeting circle. This will ensure when you launch the missile it will catch the laser beam imediately after launch. When you have launched the missile will travel slightly under the laser beam, therefore compensate by diving a bit or just put the target in the upper half of the targeting circle. After compensating for a second or two, keep the target centered in the target circle and keep stable until impact. You should also check the windspeed in the mission as the Vikhrs seems useless in strong winds.

This seems to work OK for me, hope it helps someone.

Cool! i am gonna pröva that!

Making general walkaround this issue is not easy. It depends of the approach speed, angle, distance. Everyone must obtain it oneself but some things can be common.

Can't wait to see how ED patched this problem - some tactics will have to be changed :]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Making general walkaround this issue is not easy. It depends of the approach speed, angle, distance. Everyone must obtain it oneself but some things can be common.

Can't wait to see how ED patched this problem - some tactics will have to be changed :]

It is just Fixed to operate the way is should/did. Hopefully the fix is integrated for the next release.

Nate

Cool! i am gonna pröva that!

tumblr_ltmo5f61ya1r46cv3o1_400.jpg

:music_whistling:

I think its a testament to ED's attention to details that you can actually work around a bug in the game the same way you would IRL, i e if the launchers/sight was actually misaligned.

Since the Toad dont have a flight path marker on the HUD, it would be interesting to know the correct AoA you should have when guiding the Vikhr inside the targeting-circle. I can't find anything in the FC2 manual, anyone know this? Also, what about firing Vikhrs in pairs or multiple shots on one laze? The FC2-manual says its possible, but I can't make it work in DCSW?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Also, what about firing Vikhrs in pairs or multiple shots on one laze? The FC2-manual says its possible, but I can't make it work in DCSW?

Ensure that you set the salvo mode correctly. For a Vikhr dual-launch the weapons-stations on the HUD will have a square drawn around both. For multiple launches the best you are going to get is two or so per attack run due to range constraints.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ensure that you set the salvo mode correctly. For a Vikhr dual-launch the weapons-stations on the HUD will have a square drawn around both. For multiple launches the best you are going to get is two or so per attack run due to range constraints.

No, I still can't make it work... I press Ctrl+Space to put the Salvo Size Switch to No. 2. Put myself into launch position and get "LA" and only one box flashing around one of the launchers. I try holding the release button but nothing happens after the first one launches. Tried same thing with Kh-25ML but no joy. Also tried different settings on the Release Mode Switch.... What am I doing wrong? Appreciate the help!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Not in front of PC atm - will let you know this afternoon if nobody else has assisted in the interim.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, I still can't make it work... I press Ctrl+Space to put the Salvo Size Switch to No. 2. Put myself into launch position and get "LA" and only one box flashing around one of the launchers. I try holding the release button but nothing happens after the first one launches. Tried same thing with Kh-25ML but no joy. Also tried different settings on the Release Mode Switch.... What am I doing wrong? Appreciate the help!

you shouldn't use the Salvo Size Switch for this purpose as it only controls bombs. (quantity released and time inbetween releases)

To fire the Vikhr in Salvo you should press Lcrtl V, check the hud indicates a square box around the selected weapons. (Vikhr in this case)

Now try and hold the launch button while making sure you keep LA

Just tested in FC2 and works there, not sure if key bindings are the same in DCS:W though

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

tumblr_ltmo5f61ya1r46cv3o1_400.jpg

:music_whistling:

I think its a testament to ED's attention to details that you can actually work around a bug in the game the same way you would IRL, i e if the launchers/sight was actually misaligned.

Since the Toad dont have a flight path marker on the HUD, it would be interesting to know the correct AoA you should have when guiding the Vikhr inside the targeting-circle. I can't find anything in the FC2 manual, anyone know this? Also, what about firing Vikhrs in pairs or multiple shots on one laze? The FC2-manual says its possible, but I can't make it work in DCSW?

:megalol::megalol::megalol:

OT again

Is it possible to get some sort of debug mode to watch all this in action?

Will this resolve the issue with the vikhir on the shark aswell?

A separate but related issue - I'll have to re-check it after the applied fix. I've mainly been focused on the Toad - I forgot about the Shark.

EDIT:- Can't find a fault with the shark, but then, I never did - however the HUD and avionics now correctly take account of the side the Vikhr is firing from - which I believe was the root of the problem.

Also note I am still unsure if the Fix will be in the next release - so don't get your hopes up

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

dont know yet I been downloading for 2.20 hours and it never gains on DCS World...but only 15% downloaded since its release don;t understand why my speeds are 25mb down. 10mb up.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||