Eye Candy - 3d Cockpit

I'm glad you've used the documents I released to model the avionics and cockpit. The button pushing on this model is going to be 100% accurate and in depth. I'm so buying this module. Good work lads. This model is going to be far more realistic than the other DCS releases that are WIP. It's an honor to know that I've helped in your project.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the buttons will probably work but leave a little room like 99%.:D

Like 99.999% accuracy of avionics. :) These lads are going to do the 'Phoon proud, make no mistakes about it. Their modelling and accuracy of avionics will be second to none.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like 99.999% accuracy of avionics. :) These lads are going to do the 'Phoon proud, make no mistakes about it. Their modelling and accuracy of avionics will be second to none.

I know, I worked with VEAO, Me, Crow and Ells. The Typhoon is very close to my heart. Spent a lot of time in FC1 and FC2. Keep project moving forward.

rattler

• 3 months later...

Sorry Outlaw, I can't give you the Max file, however here are links to the image files.

http://www.veao.eu/dcs/typhoon/ef_cpt_left_panel.bmp

http://www.veao.eu/dcs/typhoon/ef_cpt_right_panel_01.bmp

Cheers,

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Any chance you could post the bmp for other panels? Im having a go at making the Typhoon Cockpit (not to scale exactly and I cant make the fancy buttons with changing text!), I have the info I need on the HUD, RHGS, LHGS but the other panels (except the ones above) I can only find low res photos taken from a distance (obviously)!

Dont want to ''push'' it but will try icon12.gif

Regarding clickable cockpit, can you advise which buttons/switches you are programming yet?

and

Is that like an up/down/left/right type switch at the top of the LHGS lower panel - in MSX its called the DCS (up down reset sequence)

***So that would be the gear panel, the one behind the stick and is there anything above the DWP??***

Edited by Mr_Burns
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Very nice.

I'll be waiting for this :)

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• 2 weeks later...

cockpit dimensions

Hello all. I have been looking for a site as rich in resources and help as I have seen here. I am new here so I apologize if I seem behind the curve. I am building as close to scale 1:1 cockpit of the Typhoon and stumbled across your forum. Those panels are incredible. Would you object if I asked how you designed them? I am also looking for the actual dimensions of all the panels. I can upload pics of how far I am on this Flight Sim if you all want. After 18 months and no help from or responses from the Manufacturer on the measurements I actually took dozens of photos I had downloaded and scaled what I have off of the MFD buttons. It has been a tedious process and I am still not as close as I would like to be. Any asistance is always appreciated and I hope to hear responses.

Thanks again

Hey Outlaw.

We don't have dimensions but our modeller "worked out" the sizes based on other things that we could get data for in the real world.

They may not be 100% accurate to the actual panels.

All things to check as part of our development.

Good luck with your project,

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Out of interest Ells, do you have any plans for a two seater? I appreciate it would be a lot of extra work but they are damn sexy ;)

SaudiEurofighter_zpse2d11a18.jpg

I think I'm just a sucker for two seaters mind, most look nicer than their single seat counterparts imo...

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I must say I can't wait for this module to come out... I've enjoyed the original EF2000 back in the day (the soundtrack was pretty neat too :) ), so the prospect of a proper DCS module brings back fond memories...

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display