Eye Candy - 3d Cockpit

Some early development shots of the Typhoon 3d Cockpit being re-worked...

render6.jpg

Just an observation from my side. The windshield's (front canopy)

frame on most modern fighters, including the Typhoon, are perfectly

circular arc shaped until they hit the bottom cockpit frame.

On your cockpit model, it looks to straighten out before joining the

lower edge.

It seems, many developers oversee this fact, e.g. the early dev

pictures of Coretex Designs' F/A-18E shows a similar error.

Hopefully it is still early enough to fix that, on an otherwise very

promising looking modeling job!

Keep it up!

Edited by RhineHornet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, still very early days on the Tiffy as focus has been on the Hawk.

Lucas, we're looking to start withy the Tranche 2 aircraft, for different countries and then move up to the latest Tranche 3, if we get data.

Cheers,

C

You might find this interesting, here's a video shot from the backseat of a Typhoon. The buttons look just as unreadable in pretty much every single frame.

nZWdog6M2I4

Second from left: GR/M

Center: DCLT

Second from right:BARO/RAS

:music_whistling:

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder how continues the work on Eurofighter since the first cockpit screenshots published year ago... For me, Eurofighter is even more tempting than DCS F/A-18C or Coretex F/A-18E.

Oh god, how we need multirole fighter in DCS!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2800 MHz overclocked @ 3400 MHz

A-DATA Extreme DDR2 800 MHz 6 GB

GIGABYTE nVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB, overclocked 650/1600/950 MHz

Windows 7 x64

I showed some people at Duxford the 3d model of the Typhoon cockpit. I'll post some pics in the next few days.

Work has started implementing the switch test code and I'll publish a video of that as I go along the process, as below.

Basically I'm currently going through the cockpit adding all the switch and dial helpers including all the animations for each switch and dial, that's pretty time consuming.

Then it's linking the sim to those helpers, again takes time.

At that point I hand it over to Tango to take over on all of the systems code; electrical, hydraulics, etc. as per schematics.

That's just to get all the basic aircraft systems coded. Then it's onto the MFCD (as you would know them as) logic.

You actually start the Typhoon Engines with 4 switches, the rest is all done by computer on the screens.

For now, all the rest of the team are working on getting the Hawk over the line.

I know you guys want Tiffy, as do I but this one's gonna be a while yet.

Cheers,

C.

Have you decided which Block/PSC to make yet? So many to choose from. ;)

I guess you'll be going for at least a block 5 if not an 8. And I guess even then some fiddling will be necessary if you want to feature more than a handful of weapon types.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason the Eurofighter cockpit seems to be the most unique cockpit I've seen. Especially the two areas around the HUD, and the HUD glass.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.
Would like to do a twin seater T3 as well at some point down the road.

I've only just seen this... you should make that tiny snippet a sticky thread all of its own ;) :thumbup:

I love the twin seat Typhoons, It is quite possibly the best looking modern aircraft in the world. I hope this does indeed materialise.

SaudiEurofighter_zpse2d11a18.jpg

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...