Situational Awareness - The Virtual Battlefield Journal

FLANKERATOR

For me, the highlight of the event was the post and pre-match banter and messages on chat . It was more fun than flying and fighting itself.

Thanks to the event organizers and the rest of the guys for showing up. It was a great evening and I'm glad that I attended it. I sure do hope ED can get their act together with multiplayer so that more events like this can be conducted in a trouble free manner.

Yes. If people land on sochi and then explode from a hit/fictitious hit then we know we're no longer in Kansas. smile.gif

My track file proves this I guess because what you described is exactly what happened to me :cry:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byz6KtaffExWdzMwcU5DZnpKcFE/edit?usp=sharing

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the event organizers and the rest squads and free pilots for showing up.

Also thx to Reptide, for plan and good CGI comanding!

Flankerator we wait next event!

Thank you mate!

http://www.ukrfalcons.com

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic3246_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Сквад UVAF проводит набор пилотов на Су-27/МиГ-29/F-15.

По всем вопросам обращаться в: http://www.ukrfalcons.com

Thanks for the event guys.

I think the first steps that could make things better are :

-Repair DCS on the server and remove any mods like Slmod or servman cause there are many clients in a specific area.

-Specify a connection speed for every client (e.g. 10240 speed)

-Tell everyone to connect in a specific row with the server unpaused.An admin should call each person to join and leave some seconds for the second one to join after him.They then should all take off after a message of the Admin.

This maybe won't help but at the other hand this way was used in other games also and it made a difference.

I'll second that. I'd also add rebooting the SERVER machine prior to loading up the mission file if possible (on top of all clients rebooting as well).

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

That was a great shot of that sam going by the glass:megalol::thumbup::smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I had to google it, which one RIPTIDE?

• The Northern Leprechaun or Logheryman wore a "military red coat and white breeches, with a broad-brimmed, high, pointed hat, on which he would sometimes stand upside down".
  • The Lurigadawne of Tipperary wore an "antique slashed jacket of red, with peaks all round and a jockey cap, also sporting a sword, which he uses as a magic wand".
  • The Luricawne of Kerry was a "fat, pursy little fellow whose jolly round face rivals in redness the cut-a-way jacket he wears, that always has seven rows of seven buttons in each row".
  • The Cluricawne of Monaghan wore "a swallow-tailed evening coat of red with green vest, white breeches, black stockings," shiny shoes, and a "long cone hat without a brim," sometimes used as a weapon.

Looking the battle through Ralfis vrecord, I felt as happy and ''adrenaline full'' as I was in the battle. (ok ok ad some alcohol:D)

By the way, the awfully close 29 spike behind your flight was me, until our gci re routed me left towards the great UVAF assasins that came from inside the mountains to intercept me :)

I would like to thank again all the vPilots who participated in the event.

It was quite an ''adventure'' for me..:D (you know, wine, barely able to speak and this staff :D)

But in the end I really felt that I was among friends who all had fun, and thats what counts for me :)

:pilotfly:

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

It also was hell of fun for me leading the red Su-25T flight, me learning some stuff until we lost our 3rd wingman... -.- xD

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I had to google it, which one RIPTIDE?

• The Northern Leprechaun or Logheryman wore a "military red coat and white breeches, with a broad-brimmed, high, pointed hat, on which he would sometimes stand upside down".
  • The Lurigadawne of Tipperary wore an "antique slashed jacket of red, with peaks all round and a jockey cap, also sporting a sword, which he uses as a magic wand".
  • The Luricawne of Kerry was a "fat, pursy little fellow whose jolly round face rivals in redness the cut-a-way jacket he wears, that always has seven rows of seven buttons in each row".
  • The Cluricawne of Monaghan wore "a swallow-tailed evening coat of red with green vest, white breeches, black stockings," shiny shoes, and a "long cone hat without a brim," sometimes used as a weapon.

Whatever leprechaun I am.... at least I'd show up to a DCS event with a working HOTAS and systems.

:D:D:D Mad, bro?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So was this an open session or sign ups available? Or perhaps this was a closed, invitation-only event?

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Ahh! I guess I need to keep my eyes open for the next event then!!

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

• 1 month later...

When will we have a next event? Is sth. in planning atm. ? :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence