Can't quit from A-10C in DCS World

JCamel

• ED Team

JCamel you are like a doomsday machine lol :)

It may save sometime in the future if you post your system spec's in your signature and it maybe easier and faster to help you.

Have you alt tab'd at all ? if so alt tab back, if its not that then I am not sure

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Is your mouse click working on the buttons other than the 'quit' button?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Its the "Aero Bug"... (by the sounds of it)

Check that the NEW OPTION has been disabled in the Options/ settings section (and make sure also that you haven't got anything open on your desktop whilst running the sim)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I get the same problem with 1.20. I have nothing open on the desktop but I run TrackIR. Aero is on. The mouse doesn't work in the cockpit until I alt tab first. Ctrl C doesn't toggle the mouse click. I can't exit from flight unless I alt tab first. I did not have this problem with the previous version of World or any other DCS sim.

I get the same problem with 1.20. I have nothing open on the desktop but I run TrackIR. Aero is on. The mouse doesn't work in the cockpit until I alt tab first. Ctrl C doesn't toggle the mouse click. I can't exit from flight unless I alt tab first. I did not have this problem with the previous version of World or any other DCS sim.

Yes it is an acknowledged problem. ALT-TAB at mission start is a good idea.

Nate

@ FLS

Do you run your TIR software minimized? and when you say "Aero is on", do you mean the Disable Aero option is ticked in the sim options or Aero is on on your desktop? (ie you're not running in Classic mode)

Edited by Wolf Rider

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

• 4 weeks later...

I dont have my sig specs updated for this new build, but I just finished building it the other day, installed the latest World & A-10, and I was driving myself nutty trying to figure out what was wrong with my PC for the same issues. I just now searched in here for it, I havnt made any changes yet, but Im sure glad to see its a known issue. Thanks, I saved alot of hours with out having to use my hammed and chisle on a new rig

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hmmmm,,, the "Disable Aero Interface" in my options has a check mark in it already???

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Im more confused,, this statement:

Its the "Aero Bug"... (by the sounds of it)

Check that the NEW OPTION has been disabled in the Options/ settings

This leads me to believe I should "Disable", and the option states ""Disable Aero Interface" Therefor I have it checked off so it is disabled

Your saying that it should be enabled? Thanks

Yes, it is easy to get confused here. You must disable the 'Disable Aero Interface' option.

For many of us leaving Aero running is needed but for some, turning off Aero (just when the sim is running) can improve frame rates. Unfortunately, it does not work correctly at the moment.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

yes the confusion however appears to be how to disable it. I am believing that the button to the left of this option must be filled (checked if you will) in order to disable it. Thats my perception anyhow

probably poor wording on my part - my bad

untick the checkbox for the Aero option, this will turn that option/ feature off (which means the sim won't turn the desktop Aero off when the sim runs)

-

So:

Ticked box= AERO Off

UnTicked box = Aero On

Correct?

What impact this has I have no idea, but this thread helped me determine that the issue I was having was relative.

So:

Ticked box= AERO Off

UnTicked box = Aero On

Correct?

Yes.

What impact this has I have no idea, but this thread helped me determine that the issue I was having was relative.

...turning off Aero (just when the sim is running) can improve frame rates.

the emphasis lies on "can improve" .

Manly on system when you low on V-ram anyway and only when in fullscreen mode.

When you have to run in windowed you should use a Aero theme and keep aero on by any means!

Aero isn't only made to look nice.... it also comes with many new WDM driver features (google this) under the hood that accelerate a windowed DX application.

• 2 months later...

I am having trouble with this aero issue also - but am new to DCS world and wondering if someone can give me step by step instructions to find the following:

1)Where exactly can I find tje disable aero interface options? so I can uncheck the box?

2)Where do I find the new option options/settings tac

3)What exactly does the ctrl-tab do?

Can´t quit too with Esc!!!

I´m using SoftTh so Alt-Tab is useless and i need to reboot whole rig every time! THIS is really annoying:mad:

Really need to be fixed urgent.

Regards

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

You can find all this stuff in Simulation Main menu - options/system/graphics. ALT+TAB switching priority processes in Win7.

@Terrorvogel try this: Before you run an simulation, Right click on desktop to open Personalization. Under Basic and High Contrast Themes, click Windows 7 Classic, after that - play.

If this doesn't help follow this thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1604785#post1604785

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

@Terrorvogel try this: Before you run an simulation, Right click on desktop to open Personalization. Under Basic and High Contrast Themes, click Windows 7 Classic, after that - play.

Helios necessarily needs Aero Theme to run without heavy performance loss.

I tried with Classic Theme and it´s not playable, so this is no solution for the future.

I had already unchecked in DCS options "disable Aero interface" and in SoftTh.config "keepComposition=1"

Looks like a few guys having same issue since 1.2.2

Needs really to be fixed because sim is not to use this way.

I can NEVER exit missions not only sometimes like some other guys!!!

Never had that before 1.2.2...

Regards

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...