Tacview 1.2 is out!

Vyrtuoz

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow first time I had this happen!

Windows 7x64 bit popped up a window that stated program incompatibility, and uninstalled my tacview 1.2..

Wow!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Dont know why win7 did that but I reinstalled all my dx9 and dotnet fx's and rdist now its working.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 3 weeks later...

Feature Request:

An "event" marker that is displayed in the timeline, and in the 3D/HUD views. The marker should persist in the timeline, but only be displayed in the 3D/HUD view for as long as the key is pressed.

An event should be recorded any time the pickle switch or trigger is pressed.

At present, we can only see an event if an actual weapon is released. I'd like to be able to assess "dry" passes too.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

Sure! This is a good idea. I'm going to see if I can do this in 1.2.2.

Feature Request:

An "event" marker that is displayed in the timeline, and in the 3D/HUD views. The marker should persist in the timeline, but only be displayed in the 3D/HUD view for as long as the key is pressed.

An event should be recorded any time the pickle switch or trigger is pressed.

At present, we can only see an event if an actual weapon is released. I'd like to be able to assess "dry" passes too.

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

• 2 months later...

Vyrtuoz, could you please have look on how to install TacView to DCS-World 1.2.3?! Seems not to work anymore, due to the changed folder structure.

TY!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Vyrtuoz, could you please have look on how to install TacView to DCS-World 1.2.3?! Seems not to work anymore, due to the changed folder structure.

TY!

Have you looked at this thread?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=102034

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have, even though it's not labeled with 'TacView'... ;)

But I'm asking for a fresh install and not for moving my old (not) existing installation.

I always get an error-msg, whether I tell TacView the real install folder (where I manually created the 'Scripts' folder) of DCS or the Folder in C:\Users\...\DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Laud...

According to the Tacview facebook page they should have a new version out soon.

Yesterday DCS 1.2.3 has been published. This is again a great improvement for the DCS series. This version has also changed how the export scripts should be handled. This is why Tacview scripts automatic installation does not work anymore.

I’m working a new release to fix the scripts installation issue and going to publish it soon. Thanks again for your patience and support!

https://www.facebook.com/Tacview?fref=ts

Great! TY Paul!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

new version doesnt work for downloading.

ah i see its malwarebytes pro blocking states malicious web site lol.

down loading now

Assuming you're asking a question, yes. If you play a TRK file in DCS, and TacView is capturing, it will generate an ACMI file.

No mine was not a question, it was a statement, but if I fly a mission, Tacview does not save anything, if I see the trk event, yes ... evenI do not understand why no play events not real, es ... I chased a Su30 and I shot down in Dogfight, while the trak me 'see that no one chasing and shooting at random in the air ... for more, I completed the mission,l landing and engine off , however the TRK and then Tacview make me see that after firing into the air at all, rushed for no apparent reason ...

Mystery!

[sIGPIC]index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17112.0;attach=7646;image[/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

After successful installation the settings for tracking DCS World fail. The DCS World folder is write protected by Windows7 and there is no way to stop Windows7 doing that. So Tacview can not be pointed to the DCS World residence.

Edited by Rongor

Hi HiJack,

Please ensure that you have installed Teka Teka Glideslopes in the appropriate folder.

For example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Stra Software\Tacview 1.2.3\Data\StaticObjects\Glideslopes.xml

I've just tested it, and this is working fine with Tacview 1.2.3.

Vyrtuoz

Great! I tried the "Teka Teka Glideslopes" yesterday but they did not work, should they? That was on version 1.2.1 of TacView
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png