Tacview 1.2 is out!

Vyrtuoz

I saw the announcement also that Tacview will be supported by VRS superbug. Is this the same program and will I have to buy it again to use with the superbug?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the announcement also that Tacview will be supported by VRS superbug. Is this the same program and will I have to buy it again to use with the superbug?

This also would bring up the question, are we talking FSX or Prepar3d?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes, it should be possible to display pickle button presses. I add this to my todo list.

The online debriefing is currently planned for v1.4.

Fantastic, really looking forward to that.

Vyrtuoz, is there any way to detect pickle button presses in DCS so Tacview can record "simulated" missile launches in training?

And any idea when online debrief in Tacview Pro will be implemented?

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Hi Slayer,

You don’t have to buy a product key per simulator for Tacview.

You should be able to read Superbug data with the same Tacview you are using to playback DCS data.

• 1 month later...

I'll been using the free version but is there much difference in what you get of information in the paid version? Can someone make a video showing the free version and the difference for the paid home/pro version?

I most lightly will buy it but then, pro or home?

(HJ)

Hello HiJack,

Actually:

With the home version you can:

• Display advanced telemetry (when available) like radar locks, IAS, gear, flaps, …
  • Load GPX files
  • See a worldwide map

With the pro version you can:

• Draw charts
  • Export telemetry data to csv files

In coming releases:

With the home version you will be able to:

• Do online debriefings (sharing your 3D view with teammates)

With the pro version you will be able to:

• Display a global strategic view
  • See a flight in real time, while recording

I'll been using the free version but is there much difference in what you get of information in the paid version? Can someone make a video showing the free version and the difference for the paid home/pro version?

I most lightly will buy it but then, pro or home?

(HJ)

290981_509209885760136_1447727034_o.thumb.jpg.ffaf417b2794d41f407ed4f4790e81dc.jpg

412641_417490371598755_1631475043_o.thumb.jpg.af2607efb551dba9907bec00b6633260.jpg

431021_396865026994623_1194283449_n.thumb.jpg.efa330be67b06f00c3f970091cec8bc2.jpg

(Re: Message #1)

I just downloaded it the other day. Works great. I will most likely purchase the "Home" edition if it is a one time purchase and not annually, like my Norton does. That is some pretty good programming there. Only improvement I'd like to see is a difference in the delta aircraft and individual differences in aircraft shapes even in very simple terms like Air Warrior used to do.

Yes, this is one time purchase. All updates up to v1.999 will be free.

(Re: Message #1)

I just downloaded it the other day. Works great. I will most likely purchase the "Home" edition if it is a one time purchase and not annually, like my Norton does. That is some pretty good programming there. Only improvement I'd like to see is a difference in the delta aircraft and individual differences in aircraft shapes even in very simple terms like Air Warrior used to do.

I know I could ask the support but might get a quicker question here;

I downloaded what I believe to be the free trial version of TacView a few weeks ago and like what I saw but I think I kept getting a prompt to register/purchase a key even though I thought I read there is a free standalone copy. Is that true or is it just the free trial and the home editions?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Old System Specs:

CPU: AMD Pnehom II x6 1090T

MOBO: Asus M4A88TD-V

GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-1371-AR GeForce GTX 460

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

HDD: Hitachi GST Deskstar 7K3000 2TB

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932

Monitor: Gateway FHD2400 24" (1920x1200)

Mouse: Logitech G9x

Extras:

LG WH10LS30 BD Burner

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Sharkoon SR 5.1 Surround Headset

Thrustmaster T1600 Joystick

With the pro version you will be able to:

• Display a global strategic view
  • See a flight in real time, while recording

Hi Vyrtuoz,

I'm looking to buy either home or pro...can you elaborate on the above 2 points? What use is global strategic view if dcs world is only Crimea (and shortly Nevada)

Maybe I'm being thick but what is seeing a flight in realtime while recording?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

And do that after each auto-update, at last until the auto-updater (or tacview, or DCS in general) is adapted for no more reversing this to the default (default being : export set to false in config/export/config.lua, no line for tacview in config/export/export.lua)

spacer.png

does it support DCS A-10C 1.1.1.1?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

You have to replay the .trk recording in DCS World with the "Record DCS World Flights" in Tacview turned on...

...preferably in realtime... cause with FFWD it doesn't record precisely...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

• 2 weeks later...

1.2 seems it will not work with DCS World anymore I have tried reinstalling and it will not recored ACMI

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

1.2 seems it will not work with DCS World anymore I have tried reinstalling and it will not recored ACMI

this is not correct, everytime, you got a new update, you NEED to install TACView again!

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

You have to just re-enable the option "Record DCS World Flights" in the program itself, under the globe drop-menu icon named "Recording"...

...it ads the needed values to the files Config.lua & Export.lua in \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export\

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

tried reinstalling still not working. I'm well aware of how to use this, it just refuses to record..:joystick:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||