Flying the Ka-50 vs. Take on helicopters

Slazi

Thats nice, my problem with bohemia is that all of there games feel some kind of unfinished even years after release and add ons etc. Arma 2 after 1.59 was playable to some degree except the campaign but I expected way more from Toh and carrier command. I trusted them to get it right two times with buying the pre releases but I didn' played more than acouple of hours in both cases.

Two good ideas wasted with no substance in the final product.

A pitty :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bohemia is known for this. Still I bought all of their products, however arma 3 will be first installment I'm gonna pass, because they're likely to abandom toh improvements regarding helicopter physics contrary to what they announced as one of new features. I'd still recommend toh as helicopter introduction for future uh-1 pilots.

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

Btw toh has much better graphics than dcs. Just load arma maps into toh and enjoy the best ground visual level ever available for a helicopter simulation.

I've never played TOH, but I hate flying in ARMA because of the limited viewing distance (I can cope with the flight models - it's not supposed to be a flight sim).

Is the view distance as for ARMA ? (everything beyond a few km disappears into the mist)

What about if you load ARMA maps into it...

Cheers.

I've never played TOH, but I hate flying in ARMA because of the limited viewing distance (I can cope with the flight models - it's not supposed to be a flight sim).

Is the view distance as for ARMA ? (everything beyond a few km disappears into the mist)

What about if you load ARMA maps into it...

Draw distance in TOH is much better. I could set draw distance to about 3x - 4x more than in Arma 2 with comparable FPS.

DCS P51 will be next which is far too sensitive on the X52 pro at least...

Axis Tune - Curvature?

I'm fairly certain that without using that feature almost every short throw stick is going to be too sensitive, or at least radically more sensitive than any real aircraft would be by a great factor.

Bohemia is known for this. Still I bought all of their products, however arma 3 will be first installment I'm gonna pass, because they're likely to abandom toh improvements regarding helicopter physics contrary to what they announced as one of new features. I'd still recommend toh as helicopter introduction for future uh-1 pilots.

I'm hoping you're passing on vanilla Arma and not the modded game. One buys any Arma with the specific goal of playing with community mods. Basically ACE/ACRE are implicit free DLC that even the developers kind of expect you to use. :P

Even so... I cannot get a handle on flying in Arma. Every trained bone in my body from years of simming just cringes.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

I love playing Arma and its related mods far more than TOH. I am really interested to trying playing with the sensitivity, I think that could well be part of whats stopping me playing.

ACE with ACRE is an amazing experience.

Thats nice, my problem with bohemia is that all of there games feel some kind of unfinished even years after release and add ons etc. Arma 2 after 1.59 was playable to some degree except the campaign but I expected way more from Toh and carrier command. I trusted them to get it right two times with buying the pre releases but I didn' played more than acouple of hours in both cases.

Have you played through the career? I find it very well made and fun to play. I currently re-play ToH to satisfy my demand for heli ops.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

... nor have I tried black shark (twin rotor assault choppers are just not my thing at all)

You do not have to assault anything with it.:) Please try it and you will come back here and write how great the experience with it is(if you like flyin heli`s), really.:thumbup:

...but still toh models classic airframe which introduces torque induced yaw etc and will make you learn to react for blade pitch changes with anti torque rudders
That`s right.:)
Edited by EagleEye

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

I have no doubt bs is top notch sim, and that's why it'd be fun to play, but it just doesn't seem to be as much demanding as let's say dodo 206. Of course I'm not talking about all the systems, as bs is modern military helicopter and is very sophisticated in that area. On top of that there is no demo version of bs, and i am not buying it just to give it a try (have enough fun with fsx and helicopter total realism mod by Fred Naar). Can't wait to fly along everyone with uh-1 though!

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

I have no doubt bs is top notch sim, and that's why it'd be fun to play, but it just doesn't seem to be as much demanding as let's say dodo 206. Of course I'm not talking about all the systems, as bs is modern military helicopter and is very sophisticated in that area. On top of that there is no demo version of bs, and i am not buying it just to give it a try (have enough fun with fsx and helicopter total realism mod by Fred Naar). Can't wait to fly along everyone with uh-1 though!

So, for you to enjoy a helo sim is it has to be demanding? It's worth it ;) You won't be dissapointed!

Well one of the reasons I fly helicopters in simulators is the challenge that comes with them. Don't get me wrong here, but airplanes are kind of boring to fly for me compared to choppers which demand constant corrections with controls. Bs just doesn't make me excited. If I like huey enough I'll get bs just to support ed, just like I did with bohemias products so far.

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

Well one of the reasons I fly helicopters in simulators is the challenge that comes with them. Don't get me wrong here, but airplanes are kind of boring to fly for me compared to choppers which demand constant corrections with controls. Bs just doesn't make me excited. If I like huey enough I'll get bs just to support ed, just like I did with bohemias products so far.

Why doesn't the '50 excite you? It's a helicopter and a simulator. Not sure where your doubts are coming from.

Yes, the Ka-50 itself isn`t that hard to fly. The demanding part is to fight and survive with it on the battlefield. So I can understand youre point Samek. But what exactly is so demanding to fly the Dodo206(unfortunately I do not own it)? Sure, you have to counter rotor torque and I guess it is less forgiving when doing mistakes then the Ka-50, but what else in FSX environment? You only can fly from point a to point b with it, right? No slingloads and the like?

It's a matter of personal preferences. There is an Apache simulator coming and it's going to include Chinook. Still gonna pass on that, assault helicopters are not my thing, Chinook doesn't interest me as well. You can sling load in fsx, you can make realistic autorotation, and software allows to accumulate engine and frame wear. And at the end of the day you can just fly around Ketchikan and enjoy view. Yes, I can imagine playing with whole computers /radars /rockets can be fun, I have watched hours of gameplay to convince myself into getting bs, but it doesn't work for me.

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

It's a matter of personal preferences. There is an Apache simulator coming and it's going to include Chinook. Still gonna pass on that, assault helicopters are not my thing, Chinook doesn't interest me as well. You can sling load in fsx, you can make realistic autorotation, and software allows to accumulate engine and frame wear. And at the end of the day you can just fly around Ketchikan and enjoy view. Yes, I can imagine playing with whole computers /radars /rockets can be fun, I have watched hours of gameplay to convince myself into getting bs, but it doesn't work for me.

What Apache sim is coming?