Any new info?!

Evilducky

No problem guys, that's nice with me but, as I try to follow this thread ( and it's hard as there is 15 answers/day ), I would like that at least it stay around our beloved future Huey. And as you said, " no new infos ", so, logically this thread should be quiet until there is new ones ...

But I'm not one of those that are a sticklers for the principles, even though I would love to see a new thread emerge, like " Anything around Huey " or yes, like Raven said, a Xth wish list ;-)

But ( yeah, I'm a but guy ^^ ), as a module take merely two years to be created, have wish lists such Mi-24 ( I would love this one ), Blackhawk, Apache, Chinook etc etc is the matter of 10 years ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why posting about an hypethetic future Cobra on a Huey thread that isn't even released ?

because dreams are free dude :pilotfly:

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

No problem guys, that's nice with me but, as I try to follow this thread ( and it's hard as there is 15 answers/day ), I would like that at least it stay around our beloved future Huey. And as you said, " no new infos ", so, logically this thread should be quiet until there is new ones ...

But I'm not one of those that are a sticklers for the principles, even though I would love to see a new thread emerge, like " Anything around Huey " or yes, like Raven said, a Xth wish list ;-)

But ( yeah, I'm a but guy ^^ ), as a module take merely two years to be created, have wish lists such Mi-24 ( I would love this one ), Blackhawk, Apache, Chinook etc etc is the matter of 10 years ...

Welcome to the internet Mr. Hueyman :D

Please be aware that discussions on a forum may involve .... er ... well ... discussions ;)

Please feel free to start a thread called "Anything around Huey". I, and I am sure that many others, will watch it like a hawk for news of the impending arrival of the Huey and all its rotor wing goodness that we are desperate to enjoy.

In the meantime, a bit of harmless discourse around other projects announced by ED \ Belsimtek, such as the Cobra, keeps the interest of the developers, the potential customers and the casual visitors to this website alive.

Just my £0.02 :)

Developers such the ones you mentioned don't choose to develop a certain aircraft according to what 10 people might think and it's normal.

Anyway, everyone tells whatever he want, but staying quite and learning stuff about the Huey is the best thing we can do for the moment, constantly asking why no news etc should be very very annoying, even disturbing for the developers.

They probably made the mistake of announcing this one too early, far from the release, but now it's done and we just have to wait ;-)

I know we have lots of energy to release, so why not read every technical PDF we can find on the web about the UH-1 ?? I can tell you there is a lot, I have about 800 Mb of Huey pdf on my hard drive, PoH, technical drawings, story related to them etc etc... And I don't find the time to post here the same eternal question

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

constantly asking why no news etc should be very very annoying, even disturbing for the developers.
It should. It's disturbing to get barely no info about a module that is about to be released in a short time.

In the video game industry, lack of info is usually associated with poor product. I really want to get a new heli in DCS, i'm more a heli guy than a jet guy, but with the total lack of noise around that product, i will really think twice and check review before purchasing the DCS: Huey.

Now you seems really motivated, i suggest you get that energy you got and start a fresh thread with all technical data and advise, in a clean discution. (and i'll follow you in that thread)

No, I'm not motivated at all for that. As I said, I prefer killing my time my getting more and more knowledge about aviation in general, than make such a busy thread.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% with you on what you said about lack of info, but as you may guess, according to my username ( the same since I use a computer ) I'm a HUEY FAN from the most crazy and lovely kind... I'm in love with that particular chopper since I'm born, so please, don't tell me you guys, who fly anything that is brand new and shiny, that you are SO impatient for this to be released as I am.

I'm waiting for such a quality Huey for years, years and years... both for X-Plane and other platforms.

This year, it seems that the DCS ultra realistic series of module decided to include the Huey. I think you can't even imagine how crazy and excited I was when I knew that. I wait so long, that now, even 5-6 months is nothing, I'm deeply convinced that this Huey will be the ultimate one, in my entire simmer life.

This is just what I'm trying to say,

Hueyman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't worry, i can understand that feeling ;-) I grew watching Tour of Duty on channel M6 when i was a kid Anything vietnam related is a must have for me.

:thumbup:

Currently sat here at work, working my way through series 2 of Tour of Duty. Can't get enough of Vietnam. Strange since I'm a Brit. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Yeah...

Mode Off-Topic ON

I remember when I watched the last episode, I almost dropped a tear when I saw one of them becoming Blind, and when Alberto Ruiz speak to the old WWII grandpa,... and my hero, John McKay, who is refused to work as a civil pilot for the radio... That end is such a waste, like the real Vietnam War end I imagine :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never been a huge fan of McKay, but I do love all the Huey action. I do agree series 1 was the best. But it's still a fun series neither the less.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Developers such the ones you mentioned don't choose to develop a certain aircraft according to what 10 people might think and it's normal.

Anyway, everyone tells whatever he want, but staying quite and learning stuff about the Huey is the best thing we can do for the moment, constantly asking why no news etc should be very very annoying, even disturbing for the developers.

They probably made the mistake of announcing this one too early, far from the release, but now it's done and we just have to wait ;-)

I know we have lots of energy to release, so why not read every technical PDF we can find on the web about the UH-1 ?? I can tell you there is a lot, I have about 800 Mb of Huey pdf on my hard drive, PoH, technical drawings, story related to them etc etc... And I don't find the time to post here the same eternal question

yea I fear they might have some unforseen problems with the modul?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Fears based on what exactly Mastiff?

Exactly what i said

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• ED Team

I am sure all is ok

ED has never been big on giving info out, and I don't see why Belsimtek would be any different.

The release of the beta will be big enough PR for them, I am sure it is going to be awesome.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Exactly what i said

Yah, but fearing "unforeseen problems" is neither here nor there. They may have them, may as well turn out they didn't. Relax mate ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

ED has been silent before every big release so far. They only communicate if they are having issues, or strategic info. Don't you remember when a lot of us pushed F5 for a new beta of A-10C and suddenly we got a release instead?

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

This is my first post on the forum, so hello everyone

I am sure all is ok

ED has never been big on giving info out, and I don't see why Belsimtek would be any different.

The release of the beta will be big enough PR for them, I am sure it is going to be awesome.

+1

If you have a look here: http://youtu.be/WBGLb98zkFQ?t=2m28s notice the DCS:W version number and the UH-1H icon. Since the vid was posted on January my guess is, that back then they were already planing to release the beta-Huey with the 1.2.4 and EB-1's last official statement not only prooves that, but actually shows, that there was no change of plans during last month, which imho is pretty optimistic news. As for the lack of info, the issue was sorted a few times in this topic, so I don't think we need to go through this all over again.

To sum things up, I think there's no need for panic untill the 1.2.4 is out and there's no beta-Huey around ;)

this thread seems to have died lol

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Lol, nope it's not died just yet, so still some life in the ol girl. We are just taking a breather waiting for that special day, when we log on and see those immortal words. DCS HUEY OUT. So we can then crash the server, as we all attempt to buy at the same time. ;)

Well that and enjoying the Arma 3 Alpha anyway.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Step one: October 2012 - Invest original $40 stashed away to buy DCS: UH-1.

Step two: Wait an eternity for product to be released.

Step three: (Sometime in the distant future) Take return on investment from original $40 and buy

Step four: Wait some more posts about the module coming out "soon".

• Like 1

NSDQ

...and buy

Can I buy that for a dollar?:D

Don`t think that these civil simulators would do it for me, though.

In general I like that DCS world concept, but it`s a huge disadavantage that we have to wait for the next patch which will include the Huey(hopefully, you know things can change...). They may already have a stable version (of the Huey) which they would like to release, but can`t. Imagine when more and more addon aircrafts will be ready, but have to wait for an DCS World patch. I for sure understand the technical aspect of this, though so much waiting.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

I bet 1st 3rd party release is special for both the community and Belsimtek/ED.

If I were producer I'd test, test, test and test again to make sure everything is working as intended with DCS World. ED will not only be responsible for its own income, now they have 3rd party companies that rely on EDs work. That is one hell of a responsibility.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]