Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck

I managed to check the Huey today and I fixed it for my game also.

As sifhanar said the values are: CockpitLocalPoint = {2.34, 0.37 , 0.0},

I attach my server.lua and snapviews.lua for inspiration or use of others. Those files should be located in C:\Users\Your User\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\ only! and if you have there modified copies then backup or edit them before overwriting them with the attached files.

Also... You may observe that my fles give a narrower default FOV in all planes than stock files.

If you wish you may edit in the lines:

In Server.Lua for each plane/seat you want to modify search:

CameraViewAngleLimits = {20.000000,95.000000}, the second number (95.000000) means max FOV is 95 degrees.. edit it to another of your liking... like 120.00000 for 120 degrees etc.

In SnapViews.lua for each plane/seat search only in snap view 13 the line:

[13] = {--default view

viewAngle = 95.000000,--FOV

the same... modify the 95.00000 to the one you like.

Please note that the number in Server.lua means from which FOV to which FOV you can Zoom in and out in the cockpit... like if you have the zoom axis on a slider or if you push the Num/ and Num* And the Number in Snapviews.lua control what FOV angle you have when you enter the game and/or press Num5 to center and Num Enter to reset FOV.

I use the Default FOV and Max FOV as the same but you may prefer that the Default to be in between the min and max:

say you want Min to be 20 to have a good Zoom then you want 120 to be max to have a good (but slightly distorted panoramic view) and 90 to be the default without any zoom in and out.

then...

you need to have in server.lua 20.00000,120.00000 and in SnapViews.lua 90.00000

PS. Use for editing ONLY Numpad++ and remember that : "Alt+0" colapses all cathegories up so it doesn't look messy and dizzy when you edit :)

custom server and snapviews luas.rar

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thanks alot Zaelu,

I will check out this new file when I get home tonight.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I still get a CTD using those numbers (those were actually the numbers I used previously, but I copied/pasted just in case I missed some formatting).

I have disabled all mods, repaired my 1.2.8 install, and then loaded the PeterP Kneeboard base, P-51D, UH-1, FC3, and Mi-8 mods. I used zaelu's snapviews as well. I can see the kneeboard placement on the copilot's side from the pilot seat (as well as the pilot's kneeboard), but switching to the copilot causes a CTD.

Any ideas?

Quick fix for new 6DOF Su-33 cockpit with proper neck mod, edit user's Server.lua

Just make Su-33 variables and values equal to Su-27.

I also suggest to try my Server.lua and SnapViews.lua, customized for Su-33, Su-27, A-10C, Su-25T - they are already super sweet, test them

FOV (zoom) is off on first pit load,

after getting into your pit, reset view by pressing F1, KEYPAD 5, KEYPAD ENT or move your zoom-axis-slider on connected controller.

Here's the code to fix Su-33:

ViewSettings["Su-27"] = {
Cockpit = {
[1] = default_fighter_player({
	CockpitLocalPoint	   = {7.959,1.419,0},
	limits_6DOF 		   = {	x 	 = {-0.05,0.38},
								y 	 = {-0.17,0.08},
								z  	 = {-0.17,0.17},
								roll = 90}}),
}, -- Cockpit 
Chase = {
	LocalPoint      = {4.259000,3.819000,0.000000},
	AnglesDefault   = {180.000000,-8.000000},
}, -- Chase 
Arcade = {
	LocalPoint      = {-12.041000,6.419000,0.000000},
	AnglesDefault   = {0.000000,-8.000000},
}, -- Arcade 
}
ViewSettings["Su-33"] = {
Cockpit = {
[1] = default_fighter_player({
	CockpitLocalPoint	   = {7.959,1.419,0},
	limits_6DOF 		   = {	x 	 = {-0.05,0.38},
								y 	 = {-0.17,0.08},
								z  	 = {-0.17,0.17},
								roll = 90}}),
}, -- Cockpit 
Chase = {
	LocalPoint      = {4.259000,3.819000,0.000000},
	AnglesDefault   = {180.000000,-8.000000},
}, -- Chase 
Arcade = {
	LocalPoint      = {-12.041000,6.419000,0.000000},
	AnglesDefault   = {0.000000,-8.000000},
}, -- Arcade 
}

View.rar

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Question about cockpit positions

Hi guys, great work! I was wondering if it was possible to shift the entire cockpit position? For instance, I am using the Mi-24V Hind mod and was wondering which script and how should it be modified such that the entire cockpit is shifted to the view of the front pilot, rather than the current rear pilot position?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wish this was integrated and be just pull-able from OPTIONS menu as

ENABLE VIRTUAL NECK :)

DCS v2.0.0 soon, and I hope this mod remains compatible!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 2 weeks later...
Is this mod JGSME compatible?

I'm running it through JGSME.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 5 weeks later...

And the Mig 21bis? Thx..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Indeed. I REALLY miss it though :( If I install it, it still works with the A-10C and the F-15, however many of the other planes ( including MIG-21 ) don't work right. When I have time I'll see if I can find an easy way to 'adapt' the other planes as well, check what was done exactly.

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

But I don't understand why Peter has stopped updating this mod. What's the reason?

I'm sorry to realize that Peter has closed all communication channels. He doesn't pay attention anymore to this thread since April. People are wriggling to keep this mod up. I can't even send PM or message to his public profile.

I hope he will take over all stuff again. :\

Edited by Devrim

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Because as far as I understood this have been corrected/adjusted by ED itself.

It hasn't. ED merely introduced a "look over the shoulder" feature, which helped, but it hasn't changed anything related to how the point of view should rotate when you are looking forward or to the sides. :)

Without this mod, looking around the cockpit feels unnatural again, and if I want to adjust any of the A-10s controls which are more to the back, like the knobs on the lights panel for example, I have to kinda look backwards now, which feels weird, and is something that the mod fixed originally. :smartass:

That mod is a unique thing really, if you've never used it you'd probably never think that something could be improved, but after you use it, it makes a huge difference, I can't describe really.

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

It hasn't. ED merely introduced a "look over the shoulder" feature, which helped, but it hasn't changed anything related to how the point of view should rotate when you are looking forward or to the sides. :)

Without this mod, looking around the cockpit feels unnatural again, and if I want to adjust any of the A-10s controls which are more to the back, like the knobs on the lights panel for example, I have to kinda look backwards now, which feels weird, and is something that the mod fixed originally. :smartass:

That mod is a unique thing really, if you've never used it you'd probably never think that something could be improved, but after you use it, it makes a huge difference, I can't describe really.

True, I think this mod is and will always be on the absolute top of my recommended mods list. It's just a no go without it.

There's no question regarding the incredible contribution PeterP has given this community.

I think that sometimes, when given so much, it's time to appreciate the given and the foundations and continue to develop on our own.

I think that continued development by others, by those who have the skills and know how, shall achieve two goals: a continued use of incredible mods adapted to current versions...and...show appreciation for the great foundations laid for us by keeping them alive.

When PeterP decides to come back from his leave I'll be more than happy.

Till then...let's let him be and continue his great work...

jgVplRQ.png

I tested to drop PeterP neck mod and found that default is wierd...so I went back to PeterP's..:). It just feels better with Track-Ir..:).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I just copied the A10C code section for the MIG 21 and it seems to work ok. I have not tested it much yet, but it works. (I tried the Su25T first and strange things happened.)

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download