FC3 Bug thread

I have just downloaded and installed FC3. When I select any of the aircraft the cockpit view is not drawing the aircraft correctly. I only get a partial wire frame representation. The external views are drawing correctly.

My su25T from DCS World works perfectly.

Is your FC3 module correctly activated with the serial you got on purchase?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

First of all, thanks ED for releasing FC3 1.2.7. That fixed some annoying bugs that had been present since release in Russian aircrafts.

I've just tested 1.2.8 and I've found that Su33 new cockpit lacks proper fuel monitoring. The fuel gauge gets capped at half way when the aircraft is supposed to be full, also, fuel tank status lights don't light up and the fuel counter isn't a counter yet, just a photo. Same goes for the new secondary fuel indicator on the right side of the HUD, it's just a photo, not a gauge yet.

I guess ED already knows this and they plan to fix it in the near future, I'm just making sure this gets reported.

Thanks.

I tried 10 on 10 T-90VsM1A2 Abrams and BMP-3VsStryker MGS.

In T-90 had the capability of ATGMs in earlier versions but not I think it is lost.

BMP-3 would not fire after it had depleted its 100mm shells or close to enemy, completely opposite of what it should be.

And shells from Russian armor tend to fall short of their target, when 10 T-90s or BMP-3s are firing at the enemy one can see that the shells are falling way short of their targets.

Mig 29S

Mig 25G

Fuel indicator doesnt work. Only shows main tanks -- doesn't include drop tank capcacity...

This has been around for a very long time.

I am shocked it hasn't been touched for years!!!!!

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

Mig 29S

Mig 25G

Fuel indicator doesnt work. Only shows main tanks -- doesn't include drop tank capcacity...

This has been around for a very long time.

I am shocked it hasn't been touched for years!!!!!

Because that is the correct behaviour. As on the real aircraft.

Nate

Because that is the correct behaviour. As on the real aircraft.

Nate

No Nate thats not correct :) All MIG29's that have been either modified (Like Luftwaffe G's) or come out of the factory with Wet wings have a Fuel gauge (tape) that displays total remaining fuel on board. This is clearly documented in the Luftwaffe MIG29 manual and on these boards .... I will resurrect the thread :).

In short when external fuel is carried The techs enter a Total fuel on board value. This sets the fuel totaliser and tape to the TOTAL Fuel value. The external tanks are not gauged. However after engine start the Fuel on board is decremented based on measured fuel Flow until such time as the fuel tape gets done to internals then it display fuel remaining based on sensed or gauged values.

In one version of FC2 they worked correctly.

Here is the thread its as plain as day :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=899172#post899172

And here as well:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1330322&postcount=45

Here is an image with the tape at 5900Kg

Mig295900kg_zpsc52f5996.jpg

And the source image:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6281804

viewphoto.php?id=6281804

viewphoto.php?id=6281804

Edited by IvanK
  • Like 1

vT4yKyQiPezL0bbr

0PfXNwfAud899WJI

This need to be fix. It's very bad when the lines (bandits) get covered by my missiles lines. Also the distance is not showing correctly, corresponding the middle of the HUD and the distance line on the left part of the HUD.

QQUBiePb1TVqAthVQQUBiePb1TVqAthV

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

Ok let me explain first two pictures showing contacts on EOS BVR (HUD on Russian) targets bellow the HUD lines for the missiles. Third picture showing radar in TWS mode tracking and on the middle of the hud (box around the target) should be in level with the arrow on the left side of the HUD (arrow pointing to the distance of the target). On fourth pictures that is AWACS on my radar scope (1km in front of me) and symbol of the target on my HUD is just to low.

In short target markers on the HUD are wrongly position (it's look like they are closer from they really are), that happened probably because they re-size the HUD. HUD from 1.2.7 was working ok (apart from the numbers on top left corner showing completely).

Edited by Presing

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

• 3 weeks later...

Is it just me, (earlier reported) that the F-15C in 1.2.8 does not show the correct RPM. My Burners are lit and my RPM reads 96%, so it's slightly hard to tell if they are off during a rollout.

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

Use the FTIT gauge like a real eagle pilot ;)

RPM is not consistent. If OAT changes, your min/max RPM will too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I've been playing FC3 with profit and enjoyment for months, but after installing 1.2.8, I can no longer use throttle step in the F-15C. I was just using the default bindings, page up and page and page down. Gradual throttle adjustments (numpad +/-) still work, just not the stepping.

Even though the game told me that it was using the default bindings, I tried rebinding the keys, both manually and using the "default" button. No dice.

The New 1.2.8 update works well for me except for one thing, I can't fuel dump anymore.

I tried mashing down my default "Fuel Dump" key that worked before, "R". Tried re-binding, that didn't work either. Seems like this new update messed up fuel dumping completely.

(1.2.8 ) Funny but not very realistic:

Did a really bad landing with the Su-33. Overshot the runway and ended up skidding of into the terrain at the end of it. Took no damage to either undercarriage or the plane itself. Eventhough I was nowhere near the actual airport I got got all airport services to work.

A few minutes later my flying buddy managed to reproduce it on another airport.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

Found another annoying bug and don't know if it has been reported:

When flying the 1.2.8 Su-33 in multiplayer all radio transmissions, previously being made between player and ATC etc gets displayed on screen after a while, covering most part of the left side of it. There doesn't seem to be a way to remove it while flying (exiting radio menu does not affect it...). Occurance seems random but frequent enough to be disturbing...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64