FC3 Bug thread

(1.2.8 ) Funny but not very realistic:

Did a really bad landing with the Su-33. Overshot the runway and ended up skidding of into the terrain at the end of it. Took no damage to either undercarriage or the plane itself. Eventhough I was nowhere near the actual airport I got got all airport services to work.

A few minutes later my flying buddy managed to reproduce it on another airport.

1.2.8. here too.

Reproducible. I've found that extracting the landing gear and reaching (and holding) whatever speed, they don't get ANY damage.

Tried to touch ground or water with speed above 600 and they compress as under weight but receive absolutely no damage.

Found another annoying bug and don't know if it has been reported:

When flying the 1.2.8 Su-33 in multiplayer all radio transmissions, previously being made between player and ATC etc gets displayed on screen after a while, covering most part of the left side of it. There doesn't seem to be a way to remove it while flying (exiting radio menu does not affect it...). Occurance seems random but frequent enough to be disturbing...

That happens in all planes on FC3, to my knowledge and experience. It makes the radio useless if you don't understand the audio( calling RU AWACS or RU held ATC as an English speaker)

The worst part is it can sometime just get scrambled, so you no longer get any text update at all, just a garbled mess.

I myself want to say that sometimes when using TWS in the F-15C, it gets stuck in showing TWS mode even when you are using RWSI haven't figured out whether it's falsely working in TWS during this period of time, or just giving visual cues like it is, as I can never detect any units.

(quick fix seems to be switching to another mode, boresight, vert scan, then switching back to BVR Still annoying, and I think it still shouldn't happen in the first place)

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Upgraded DCS World to 1.2.8 today and started a quick mission with the Su-25T

While on the ramp had a look around at other jets - the LANTIRN models are flying a bit ahead:

this defo wasn't there in my 1.2.7

DCS is phasing out the LANTIRN, so give them the LITENING pod instead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Su-27 have 2 missiles too far behind, clipping flaps.

dcs2014-05-0113-28-09-95.jpg

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

I've never been able to get the flaps to go down that far wow that looks more like a speedbrake

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

You have emptied the feed tanks. Your main fuel tanks have fuel, but for whatever reason, that fuel was not feeding to the feed tanks, which feed the engines directly. Without fuel in the feed tanks, the engines won't be getting anything to run with.

The question is, what were you doing to get them empty?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

You have emptied the feed tanks. Your main fuel tanks have fuel, but for whatever reason, that fuel was not feeding to the feed tanks, which feed the engines directly. Without fuel in the feed tanks, the engines won't be getting anything to run with.

The question is, what were you doing to get them empty?

I was chasing a tanker in level flight with full afterburner. Was just about to ease up when i was getting close and then noticed my engines died. Tried to start them again, no luck.

Can try to reproduce and attach a track.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Are you running with the most recent version?

I was chasing a tanker in level flight with full afterburner. Was just about to ease up when i was getting close and then noticed my engines died. Tried to start them again, no luck.

Can try to reproduce and attach a track.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Are you running with the most recent version?

Yes i am.

I managed to reproduce this multiple times but it seems it is caused by having refueling boom open for too long (i keep it open to get a nav point to tanker)

Might work as intended, you tell :thumbup:

Edit: And after this happens it seems to be impossible to start the engines again. It sounds like the APU starts but nothing else happens.

Edited by Grodin

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

I will have to check the F-15 manual ... it sounds wrong that the tanks wouldn't feed if the receptacle is open, but it's possible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Speaking of the F-15 fuel system, the fuel capacity of the external tanks is wrong if assuming JP-4 like the internal fuel. I suppose its close enough if JP-8. Also when carrying 3 tanks, the center-line tank isn't supposed to be consumed unless the consumption rate exceeds the transfer capability. I have yet to produce a scenario where all 3 drop tanks aren't being consumed simultaneously.

Version 1.2.8 F15C related bugs:

O.K. I've read a couple of posts on how the F15-C flight model has improved for version 1.2.8. Since I'm not a pilot I'll take it as true and commend the team. But, there are some new bug that certainly were not there for the F15C and the scenery/AI-aircraft:

1) The thrust/engine temp needles/displays stay at 96-97 percent regardless of having AB on or off i.e. turning AB on can only be noticed by the change in the fuel flow.

2) Trees float in the air (o.k. maybe 100 ft above ground only but still. I was flying low level when I saw something close to a mountain top. Zoomed in ad hey ... a flying/hovering tree!!! Not there in 1.2.7.

3) The targeting pods for F-16 AI are floating in front of the aircraft. I mean that really looks bad. For the quality I'm used to in FC, this is just ridiculous.

Su-25 Bugs

Hi, congrats for the great job with this modules. Mates of DCS you should check the FC3 Su-25 Instant Mission, lots of bugs... first the Mi-24V are invincible, they always catch the IR missiles with flares... always and they pretty often if not always shoot you down with their 12.7mm passing by them at high speed and moderate distance... not as close for them to hunt you as easy.

Other thing... if a ZSU-23 hits you the damage you get is random weird most of the time you get your fighter (Su-25) on fire, the same with the amount of damage you get from the choppers... insane, just too much, nose ripped, cannon trashed...

I really like and enjoy the Su-25 so please get an eye on it don't leave FC3 to it's own fate it just get harder or worser on every update, improve this great toy.

Appreciate you attention, thanks.

F15C V1.2.8

With the newest version of f15c beta (i know buyin fc3 would have been better deal) i noticed the following bugs so far:

1) Nose gear light not working or working randomly (unless i miss a key to turn it on)

2) Wingman external lights are both red on ground

3) No way to set Bingo fuel on the indicator, and no way to know the amount of fuel into ext tanks

4) Sometimes in very populated missions radar seems to find nothing no matter how close is the enemy at the same altitude i end up at 10 miles from him already locked up by him and still i don see him on radar, then he pop up flying perfectly staright on my nose where he was supposed to be. Especially mig25, and mig29.

5) Wingman call for enemy contact are absurd, he says enemy for 3 at 45 when enemy is for 345 at 45 or other random number for direction, range seems correct though.

6) Sometimes (especially with f14) radio voice get stuck and repeat the same sentence over and over again forever

7) F14 missiles (i don't know the name but i mean the BVR one) seems to hit everything at long range with a spectacular rate of success (wich is good but c'mon they wipe out anyone they meet while i have to put a lot of effort to hit someone with a 120)

English is not my first language sorry for my grammar

:pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with the a10 wingman ai : they don't attack my target when ordered to. infact my pilot doesn't even say the command.

In instand action i target one of the hostiles with a MAV and order the wingman to attack my target. Nothing. Then i give an attack ground order and he immediatly begins to spam missiles. Do i miss anything here ? Its not working in the campaing games either

Hi !

In Su-33 cockpit HUD IAS is correct but there is a problem with the airspeed gauge values:

HUD IAS = 430 km/h

Airspeed gauge = 600km/h - Mach 1.9

8diditopgun-1-20140607-230623.jpg

HUD IAS = 430 km/h

Airspeed gauge = 580 km/h - Mach 2.6

8diditopgun-2-20140607-230624.jpg

EDIT: New test and AoA/G-Loading gauge and Radar Altimeter gauges are wrong too...

Edited by diditopgun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.