FC3 Bug thread

Yes, and ? :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

If you go into BVR mode (press 2) in the Flanker-D, I'm pretty sure it displays the correct speed.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Eagle spawning with 100% fuel in multiplayer does not carry full amount.

To get full amount you have to ask ground crew for 100%

Then the last few pounds of missing fuel is pumped in.

Tiny but annoying.

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

If you go into BVR mode (press 2) in the Flanker-D, I'm pretty sure it displays the correct speed.

Yes it displays TAS, but IAS and TAS in HUD are correct. It's the airspeed gauge which indicates incorrect speed and mach number compared to the HUD and external view.

Look at my screenshots, test it yourself and compare with Su-27.

And it's the same for AoA/G-load gauge. Incorrect in Su-33, correct in Su-27.

Edited by diditopgun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

I have a problem with the a10 wingman ai : they don't attack my target when ordered to. infact my pilot doesn't even say the command.

In instand action i target one of the hostiles with a MAV and order the wingman to attack my target. Nothing. Then i give an attack ground order and he immediatly begins to spam missiles. Do i miss anything here ? Its not working in the campaing games either

I didn't really get a satisfying reply in the DCS bugs thread about this one. It seems a rather severe bug for it to be so unknown/ignored. Is ED aware of this ? will it be fixed ? Can i do something myself ? is it an error in my install ? Got the same problem with the SU-25. Its probably all the FC3 aircraft that got this thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Do we have a thread for campaign fixes? I got a couple:

Almost all missions have F-16 with bugged loadouts.

FC3-F15C-06.miz

F-15E Groups die because they try to attack the runway before SEAD hits two SA-19s at the target airfield. Made F15Es orbit near the airfield until SEAD is done. Fixed push trigger being useless because the push flag is triggered immedeatly by cap zones for a reason i couldnt figure out. Also fixed push radio command not going away when used.

FC3-F15C-07.miz

Mission crashes when success trigger tries to play a sound file. Removed the sound from trigger.

Maybe i could fix all of these and upload the fixed campaigns to the site!

Edited by Grodin

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

After we safely landed to road and stoped engines. Rejoin another plane "Loses" increase on Scoreboard. I think this is not valid behavior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Operating System : Windows 7 64 bit | CPU: AMD phenom X4 940 3.1Ghz | Ram: 8GB | Graphics Card: Ati 5770 v2 | Monitor: 22" Vestel | Joystick : X52 pro & Saitek Rudder pedal & Trackir 4 pro with TrackClip Pro

Seems i can turn off the radar off the F15c with the I button but I cannot turn it on with the button. If i am on BVR mode it simply wont turn on unless i goto mode 3 Close air support first then it will turn on by itslef then i can goto BVR Mode.. am i doing something wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

F-15C - Flight Clock/ seconds hand not working

Hello,

I wondered, why this isn't already reported - apparently no one uses the clock in the cockpit. :huh:

Since DCS 1.2.8, the seconds hand in the F-15C flight clock (right from the HSI) doesn't work. The hour hand and minute hand work fine.

But when you want to procede take-offs with time spacing (30 seconds especially), you can't count these 30 seconds with the ingame clock. Not everyone has a HOTAS with timer (like the Saitek) or want to look out of the cockpit to get the right time. The clock is also needed for Time-On-Station based Missions.

IIRC, in FC 2.0 it worked fine - this was the last time I used the clock frequently. I've no idea, when it brokes.

If you wish, I can attach a track - but this issue should be easy to recreate.

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

l ctrl + T to centre trim doesn't work on SU25T.

Apologies if mentioned before. I have not flown Su25T for very long time and was going nuts after disengaging autopilot trying to get aircraft neutral

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

FC3 Logic and AI...

I've noticed some weird behavior from AI planes in FC3; in an F-15 vs. MiG-21 shootout, I observed repeated instances where neither side shot at the other, despite a clear opportunity to do so. I did everything I could with the advanced actions, such as specifically targeting groups, and units, but that made the results even less predictable. One might argue that this new manner of micro-managing AI behavior is the ultimate in flexibility, but it has to work in order for that statement to be valid. The exact scenario modeled in FC2 with MiG-23s in place of the MiG-21s yielded a perfect result; F-15s engaged at long ranges with AIM-120s, and with AIM-9s at short distances, while the surviving 23s engaged with R-60s, once the range was close enough to do so. I applaud the DCS and ED crew for attempting to improve the simulator, but I guess that even the best laid plans.....blah, blah, blah......

I guess Scotty said it best to Captain Kirk when he quipped; "....th' more complicated ya make th' plumbin', th' easier it is ta block th' drain....". Bravo, Scotty!

Dr. Nathan Stahlwirth PhD. ME, PHY, SAE

p.s.; Kudos to the ED/DCS crew for bringing us a GORGEOUS MiG-21! It was LONG overdue! Would it be too much to ask to update the MiG-25's graphics and performance (it is WAAAY out of spec!!!!!), and throw in the Su-17? Please? Pretty Please?...... With sugar on top???

• 2 weeks later...

Su-33 fuel gauge. I'm trying to fix it!

Hi!

This morning I decided I was going to fix the annoying Su-33 fuel bug :D

As you know, the Su33 can only be refueled to 50-60% of its total internal capacity. I think I've found the problem, now I need to locate the files responsible for telling DCS World the Su33's correct internal fuel capacity.

What's the problem I heard you ask? The problem is that, right now, DCS World thinks that the Su33 has a maximum internal fuel capacity of around 20000kg, which is wrong. Its actual internal fuel capacity is around half that value (9400kg), so you can't fill the tanks up without making the plane so heavy that it can't fly.

So my question is: Does anybody know what are the files responsible for telling DCS World that the correct internal fuel capacity of the Su33 is 9400kg and not 20000kg? My guess is that just by correcting this, the Su33 fuel capacity problems will be solved.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I'VE MADE A FIX THAT SOLVES IT!!!! Check it out!!!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2142643#post2142643

PS: Before you say it, I don't think the "Su33.lua" file is responsible for this, since the internal fuel capacity is correctly set to 9400 and yet DCS World keeps acting as if the Su33 had an internal fuel capacity twice that value.

Edited by Hardcard

• 2 weeks later...

I found a bug earlier and I posted in a wrong place.

Basically, Su-33's chaff/flare counter isn't working. All lights were off.

I tried many times but still got the same out come. Please help.

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

I found a bug earlier and I posted in a wrong place.

Basically, Su-33's chaff/flare counter isn't working. All lights were off.

I tried many times but still got the same out come. Please help.

Those light issues not only for 33 have been there for a long time.

You may not be able to see them being solved till 2.0.0

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been unable to find it in this thread, but I've never got an answer for this.

When refueling the F-15 in flight, the fuel tanks never fill up completely. I've managed to fly in formation for up to 10 minutes and the fuel gauge is stuck. If I start the mission with 20% fuel, the plane will only refuel up to 9200 lbs. If I start with 50%, it will fill to about 11600 lbs and then it gets stuck.

proper refueling 2.trk