Wags'post... podcast about DCS World

dooom

Did i hear that right, FW-190D9? Nice! I'm excited for the MiG-15 and F-86 too.

Thanks Matt :thumbsup:

sure, me too

but iv heard DCS:Abrams, T-90 and DCS:Tunguska as well ;) :D :thumbup:

http://precise3dmodeling.com/

http://precise3dmodeling.com/models/t90.html

http://precise3dmodeling.com/models/tunguska.html

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

I enjoyed the session and what Wags said about the development, that was good indeed, then towards the end the guys asked some questions and that was sort of OK, or they had run out of questions,..

As it was mentioned the DCSW is a constantly evolving platform and I can see it is deeply immersed in the development of systems and environment and the purpose of not only to satisfy the interests of a particular top gun group but also the new pilots or some other interests.

Let’s review some other interests for a sec, since we’d like to see the aviation community growth.

I haven’t clocked any physical numbers in terms of statistics that would show the popularity of heavy jets or props, but the youtube and avsim sort of shows it, yet the heavy jet flights in DCSW weren’t even mentioned.

I have many hours in FSX and LOCKON and subsequently DCS, my collection of heavy jets looks like this: PMDG-373, PMDG-j-4100, Level-D767, CS-757,CS-767,CS-C130,CS-b727,MD-80-PRO, IRIS-Vulcan.

There is definitely a market for heavy jets and what’s the prospect for these flyers, little jets, come on,..

I’ve squeezed the trigger and flew plenty of times but I can’t come to terms with the canopies and wracks on a runway or left and right sides of runways for take off’s.

I did gunzo and that was good, being at sea I’m a happy swine, so maps.

How much map does one need to make a naval fleet, I’ll tell you: a 20km island and a very good sea, a bobbing carrier.

Oh, thank you very much ED for the CA, some people thought it was inappropriate to have such thing a couple of years ago and even the ideas of having an older aircraft was dismissed in many ways.

And of course thanks for all the other works.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

IMHO Wags described the DCSW how he wants it to be, more than how it is now...

So I'm still patiently waiting the avalanche of all those new modules and other goodies mentioned. :cry:

So I understand that too in terms of goodies.

If a mission is limited to 16 players it shouldn’t necessarily be as such that you fly out there and bash it to the point of extremes to achieve an objective.

It’s the mission designers that could make a room for supporting aircraft.

Edited by monotwix

The interviewer didn't seem to know much about DCS at all. But I suppose that's a good thing in the context, as he was asking questions that most FSX guys would probably be wondering about.

As for heavy jets and civilian aircraft in general, I believe two conditions must be satisified:

1. New maps, and crucially bigger maps in terms of geographical span if the aim is to attract long haulers. Vaziani -> Anapa is little more than a warm up run for a commercial air liner :)

2. A dev team brave enough to be pioneers, as in be the first one to release a civilian aircraft made for the DCS environment (I would imagine there's quite a lot of work going into those as well, even without the weapons systems :) )

I flew the span in FSX, that was civilian, fly F-15 into or across, hmm not at all.

Prepare for flight, takeoff, do a mission, land, that’s 1.5 hours easily which is enough.

Boeing 737, 747, B52 etc serve the air forces very nicely

Edited by monotwix