DCS F-35A

Wags

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell's to the yeah, sounds good.

My system specification

i7 13700KF/ Z690 Aorus Elite/ 32GB/ Galax 4080/ ViewSonic Elite XG320Q 32/ Next level racing - Sim cockpit - Boeing editing / 3x MFD's, Trackir 5/ TPR/ Orion2 F/A-18 Throttle/VPC WarBRD Base/ Hornet grip/F-16 grip/ HP Reverb G2

:thumbup:

wow - is there enough public material to even model thsi eith any exactitude or will this have some liberties made in terms of fantasy?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

wow - is there enough public material to even model thsi eith any exactitude or will this have some liberties made in terms of fantasy?

This was my initial concern too, but from their website they they they have more than enough information to make an accurate model of it's avionics. I'm very interested in this model. Too bad it's not the B variant though.

Will be definitely keeping an eye on this but...

Working around this aircraft, I'd be shocked that there is enough public data to go off of to replicate the bare vehicle dynamics of this appropriately, let alone the very advance flight controls systems, and the even more crazily complex missions systems. It's just an insurmountable task to replicate what 24 MILLION LINES OF CODE DOES!

It just boggles my mind how complex the thing is, I mean the mission software has been in development for well over a decade and the bugs and issues with it are still keeping it as the highest risk item for the F-35.

I guess the thing is, if you don't model it accurately and just make stuff up, no one will know but a slight few...

This is why I am very skeptical of any DCS aircraft derived from aircraft post 2000 (the DCS A-10C is a special case where they had access to privleged data). Maybe this developer will have such access to, but that seems highly unlikely.

All the best of luck, but I just wanted to give my opinion on the matter.

EDIT: Just went over the site, this guy definitely has a ton of sim experience but it's just the scope of the matter that really scares me (I work in flight simulation too). Also as stated on the site "within the availability of non-classified information, the avionics system.. will be faithfully emulated". I am fairly confident in saying there is very little of substance in regards to F-35 avionics except for high level details that is Distribution A Unclassified.

Edited by CptSmiley

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

Will be definitely keeping an eye on this but...

Working around this aircraft, I'd be shocked that there is enough public data to go off of to replicate the bare vehicle dynamics of this appropriately, let alone the very advance flight controls systems, and the even more crazily complex missions systems. It's just an insurmountable task to replicate what 24 MILLION LINES OF CODE DOES!

It just boggles my mind how complex the thing is, I mean the mission software has been in development for well over a decade and the bugs and issues with it are still keeping it as the highest risk item for the F-35.

I guess the thing is, if you don't model it accurately and just make stuff up, no one will know but a slight few...

This is why I am very skeptical of any DCS aircraft derived from aircraft post 2000 (the DCS A-10C is a special case where they had access to privleged data). Maybe this developer will have such access to, but that seems highly unlikely.

All the best of luck, but I just wanted to give my opinion on the matter.

EDIT: Just went over the site, this guy definitely has a ton of sim experience but it's just the scope of the matter that really scares me (I work in flight simulation too). Also as stated on the site "within the availability of non-classified information, the avionics system.. will be faithfully emulated". I am fairly confident in saying there is very little of substance in regards to F-35 avionics except for high level details that is Distribution A Unclassified.

Ditto, Best of luck to kinneyinteractive

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi Kinney,

Just a general question, how realistically do you believe that you can model the F-35A? I mean, in terms of flight dynamics to begin with at least :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Great question - I feel best about the aero model. Based on surface area, weight, size and dynamics of the control surfaces, interviews with test pilots and pilots that have flown against the Lightning. Now we won’t be perfect – but we will be very close – AND WE WILL CONTINUE TO MODIFY AND CHANGE WITH NEW INFORMATION. Starting this project I knew there would be classified ranges and operating limits of avionic equipment, but even this I believe can be overcome with crew interface logic that will rival the traveling simulator. But aerodynamics – we get it!!

Your thinking of another website...

Fixed

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Rather shocking news indeed, especially since I just woke up. :)

To be honest, my first line of thinking was "wait, it's April 1st again???" But they seem to be serious. According to their website:

Within the availably of non-classified information, the avionic systems of the F-35A will be faithfully emulated. There is far more public information than you may imagine...

I have no idea how many information on F-35 is really classified, but general opinion on this forum was "enough to not be possibly modeled to DCS level". Now there comes somebody who claims the opposite. If they're right, it would be great (although I'm not a great fan of F-35 in general), but what I really don't want is DCS turning slowly into HAWX.

So I hope they're right and those who said "impossible" were wrong.

You know, never say something is impossible to do, because there might come somebody who does not know and gets it done. ;)

How is this 'with or without DCS World' going to work?

EDIT: To be more precise, if it works without DCS World what is the environment?

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Is there a time frame yet for release?

Was about to ask the same? Though I would guess late 2014 at the earliest.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: