DCS 1.2.5 Released, Update 2 Released

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
WAGS

Several items have been fixed internally today, but there are a few more priority issues we intend to address.

1- WinXP crash - Fixed

2- Missing A-10A AFM - Fixed

3- Broken UH-1 input file - Fixed

4- Broken aircraft activation trigger - Fixed

just have to wait until they are ready to release the fix, :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

There's a new Wags update post. Anyone seen it yet?

From Wags:

Several items have been fixed internally today, but there are a few more priority issues we intend to address.

1- WinXP crash - Fixed

2- Missing A-10A AFM - Fixed

3- Broken UH-1 input file - Fixed

4- Broken aircraft activation trigger - Fixed

We will get there no doubt. I bet there has been some late evenings to straighten this out.

EDIT: Sorry BIGNEWY for the echo....

• Like 2

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

So.... downloaded the patch, read the change log saw that they improved the stability of the sim. Was like , YAY , launched the game and loaded a mission and DCS crashes. Anyone else had this issue? I am launching a mission I created through ME with the Huey. The game loads fine then as soon as you click FLY the sim crashes the loading screen appears to load back in the ME loads 100% then it crashes.

Edited by [Knight]

try opening the mission in ME, changing something, and saving as a new mission.

Well I didn't try that but I did re-save it hoping that may be the problem but it could be a lot of things. I do have music in the mission I might have to reload the file to the mission again. Thx for the advise though.

Wags just mentioned in another thread that they just fixed a bug that made chaff 10 times more effective. This bug has been in the sim since march.

This probably means we will see very different missile behavior soon. Let's hope it get's included in the next hotfix :)

Wags just mentioned in another thread that they just fixed a bug that made chaff 10 times more effective. This bug has been in the sim since march.

This probably means we will see very different missile behavior soon. Let's hope it get's included in the next hotfix :)

And I still cant evade SAMs, uggghh. :joystick:

i7 4770k @ 4.3ghz / 16gb DDR3 1600 / GTX 770 SC 2gb

OK WHAT THE FAK is happening with the new patch??????????:mad:

The whole game is FAKed Up!! What just happen to a good working with a bit low FPS game?! The F-15 cockpit is not there I'm sitting on the plane out sight the cockpit and I'm feeling that I am back to Lock On Modern Air Combat graphics!

I have made a clean install of the 1.2.5 so deactivate all of my 1.2.4 modules and unstall everything and deleted all files off it. Then re-install everything back so-fare-so-good but in game it's this look below!

Also the registrations, I have to do several times and it will not be activated!! Even with FC3 but I can fly FC3?????

I pay for this, please...!!!! WHAT THE HELL HAPPEND?????? :(

Screen_130725_000211.jpg~original

Screen_130725_000214.jpg~original

Screen_130725_000218.jpg~original

So.... downloaded the patch, read the change log saw that they improved the stability of the sim. Was like , YAY , launched the game and loaded a mission and DCS crashes. Anyone else had this issue? I am launching a mission I created through ME with the Huey. The game loads fine then as soon as you click FLY the sim crashes the loading screen appears to load back in the ME loads 100% then it crashes.
Yes, every missions that has either GROUP AI ON/OFF or GROUP ACTIVATE/DEACTIVATE crashes now.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Yes, every missions that has either GROUP AI ON/OFF or GROUP ACTIVATE/DEACTIVATE crashes now.

Not 100% sure that group activation is causing crashes. Generally speaking it simply doesn't work for aircraft spawning in the air, every other instance of it should work. Also the scripting functions to activate groups work fine, so its just the trigger that is non functional.

Group Deactivate DOES cause a crash, but again only with the trigger. Using the scripting commands to remove a group has no issue.

Unable to confirm if Group/Unit AI On/Off causes any issues as I had to revert my 1.2.5 release back to 1.2.4 to test something. However I can confirm that on the testers build that no issue exists with these triggers.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

OK WHAT THE FAK is happening with the new patch??????????:mad:

The whole game is FAKed Up!! What just happen to a good working with a bit low FPS game?! The F-15 cockpit is not there I'm sitting on the plane out sight the cockpit and I'm feeling that I am back to Lock On Modern Air Combat graphics!

I have made a clean install of the 1.2.5 so deactivate all of my 1.2.4 modules and unstall everything and deleted all files off it. Then re-install everything back so-fare-so-good but in game it's this look below!

Also the registrations, I have to do several times and it will not be activated!! Even with FC3 but I can fly FC3?????

I pay for this, please...!!!! WHAT THE HELL HAPPEND?????? :(

Screen_130725_000211.jpg~original

Screen_130725_000214.jpg~original

Screen_130725_000218.jpg~original

Asset protection is blocking you from using the cockpits with the modules. if you cannot re-activate your license keys, you should be opening a support ticket, not cursing in all caps, show some manners.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So is it just the old missions that are screwed or even the ones you create in 1.2.5? And if that's the case then why play if you can't spawn in units once the you destroyed the previous ones that limits the game-play by 95 %

Edited by [Knight]

Asset protection is blocking you from using the cockpits with the modules. if you cannot re-activate your license keys, you should be opening a support ticket, not cursing in all caps, show some manners.

Sorry dude, I've passed that support ticket "gedoe"!!:(

But I have to say that when I start my computer several times up and also the game is doing good now.

not cursing in all caps, show some manners
My manners will be coming back when DCS is doing good results!

But in the mean while I'll hope that it come to a good end but with a lot of tears!!!!:cry:

As an observer to someone who "doesn't care either way" you're walking a very fine line to not only being one of those jackasses, but also being someone who entitles themselves to a superficial aire of "official authority." A page long diatribe does not a substantiated opinion make- no matter how many ways you try to explain it.

We get it, your way is better and if they don't do it that way you're not going to spend any more money on ED. Got it. Next point please.

Why does every thread have to regress into page long analogies of the faults of the ED business model?

I don't think I've accused ED of having a poor business model, or that I've represented myself as having authority. I certainly didn't say I won't spend money on DCS modules if they don't give me my bug tracker either.

I presented a point of view, but apparently having one that isn't all out euphoria is next to sin around here.

I don't think I've been a jackass, and I certainly find your answer... fascinating. Its laden with so much mis-characterization that I don't know what to say back, other than maybe I shouldn't use so many big words. People think you're being a know it all.

I'm really not trying to start a flame war here

Neither am I, I'm just having a conversation with someone who doesn't agree with my point of view. Some people around here though seem to think that is no different than a flame war.

The weekly updates are a relatively new thing, too. It wasn't too long ago when there would be a significant stretch of time between news regarding patches, and we certainly didn't get many teaser images of new models/features that were coming in to the game. And I must say I definitely appreciate the increase in communication and to be honest the reason for all of my long winded replies is that I am afraid that if some of the people in these forums don't settle down a bit and relax, these weekly updates might disappear (not looking at you, P*Funk, just speaking about the general negativity towards what has/hasn't been included in patches).

We've already lost news updates on Nevada/EDGE due to negativity and I don't want to see the weekly updates disappear entirely because people are just too impatient to wait until whatever feature or bug they've been anticipating a fix for is addressed.

I don't want to lose those either. I'm utterly pissed that people reacted so poorly to the Nevada info, but I've seen something very similar recently with the PMDG 777 where they showed some pictures and people whined severely at how long it was taking to be released so PMDG was pissed, rightly, at the insane immaturity.

That said, I also get very annoyed when maybe a handful of posters say something stupid and they punish the community. Its like, apparently if 6 or 12 people are jerks the hundreds who read these forums and probably thousands who own the game are cut off from the info. Thats not fair, even if its ED's prerogative.

I just wish the powers that be were a bit less willing to let the voice of the retarded minority colour their decisions about information releases.

I'm actually not saying that a public bug tracker is a bad idea. I think it has merit and is overall a wonderful idea. I also think that your suggestion could end up being counter-productive at the moment so I'm just listing reasons why it might not be in their best interests at this time to try and implement a public bug tracking system.

I do honestly feel that if such a tracker went public, there would be more posts about "why isn't feature <x> implemented yet" than we have even now. Since a lot of forum visitors seem to see something in an update and, even if it's version 1 of a concept design for a new feature (and is presented as such), they immediately jump to thinking that will be a feature coming in the next patch. With a bug tracker to list all of the bugs and/or feature requests, I feel there would be no end to the complaints about what should or should not be addressed in each individual patch.

The difference is though that with sporadic updates you get these flashes of community reaction, and the jackasses then pipe up about whats wrong. If there's a constant bug tracker with constantly evolving information about whats happening it could sap the strength of these whiners because they can't really whin 24/7 for 12 months of the year, but if there's only a thread once a month or even a few times a month people will have plenty of energy.

Sure, moderating a separate bug tracker is another ordeal, but its pretty easy to just delete non constructive posts and treat it like a fascist state compared to the more subtly moderated forums. Either way, yea I don't care. I don't need a bug tracker to keep myself from complaining about everything that I don't see that I want.

At least with a clearer picture of ED's near to mid term focus people can get disappointed gradually and instead of treating every update like its going to surprise them with a whole new direction, they can know its coming and so its just gonna be that way, at least with respect to bugs. Then we can be surprised with features that aren't on the bug tracker. That doesn't solve the disappointed with Nevada people expressed, but maybe if it was given a longer introduction people wouldn't react that way. It HAS been in production since Christ was a Cowboy, so people irrationally expect it to be finished already. Maybe an intro to what the engine is modeling then showing the slow integration of Nevada into it would have been better, showing the building blocks, instead of mentioning them now and then then throwing a picture of a WIP map at the children.

I should stop now though, lest this become a diatribe.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

12 July 2013 - DCS News Update

This past week we have primarily been debugging DCS ver. 1.2.5. Progress is being made and it is still our hope to have it released before the end of this month. This is quite a large update, so naturally it is taking longer to debug than the earlier, smaller updates.

Other parts of our team are working on new elements for Combined Arms. Two of many new features includes a radar display for radar-guided air defense systems and more realistic fire control systems for armored units. I've attached an early work in progress image of the new radar display.

To better support new title like UH-1H and the upcoming Mi-8MTv2 helicopters, we are also developing the means for infantry to load and unload from them. We believe this will add a whole new level of game play for those modules.

Our effect artists are busy improving many effects for both their visual appeal and performance. As mentioned last week, one example are new wing tip vortices. As more are completed, I will be sure to post them in future updates.

Yesterday, Steam started their Summer Sale that includes both A-10C and Black Shark:

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=84715&d=1373650456

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=84716&d=1373650456

which version will have the effect of vortex ? ? ?

Edited by Voodoo-chacal

This past week we have primarily been debugging DCS ver. 1.2.5. Progress is being made and it is still our hope to have it released before the end of this month. This is quite a large update, so naturally it is taking longer to debug than the earlier, smaller updates.

Other parts of our team are working on new elements for Combined Arms. Two of many new features includes a radar display for radar-guided air defense systems and more realistic fire control systems for armored units. I've attached an early work in progress image of the new radar display.

To better support new title like UH-1H and the upcoming Mi-8MTv2 helicopters, we are also developing the means for infantry to load and unload from them. We believe this will add a whole new level of game play for those modules.

Our effect artists are busy improving many effects for both their visual appeal and performance. As mentioned last week, one example are new wing tip vortices. As more are completed, I will be sure to post them in future updates.

Yesterday, Steam started their Summer Sale that includes both A-10C and Black Shark:

Wingtip Vapor was not announced as a feature of 1.2.5.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Quite impossible to say really. It depends when they finish the vortex effect to their satisfaction and when they finish things for another version.

I am sorry to interrupt this one here :-p

I have a simple question and don't want to open a new thread:

What is meant with "Improved MS Sidewinder FFB2 joystick support"?

As far as I can recall, everything worked fine with that joystick (haven't mine around right now).

Did ED includes something like average_pilot's simFFB for adjusting damper, friction and spring forces but with the advantage of having no spring forces anymore when turning force trim off (Huey) but only the damper and friction forces? That would be a nice improvement

ahh ok, thanks PeterP,

I'm happy when getting 25 fps, so I was never able to recognize a bug there ;-)

gee, I need a new pc, mine is even too old for bugs ;-)

nevertheless, does anybody know if there will be put any effort in adding something like simFFB to DCS World to get the effects I described above?

Probably already posted. But this is a retweet from a BIS dev I fillow on twitter that is somewhat relevant... too drunk and beligerant to search through old pages :)

"99 little bugs in the code

99 little bugs in the code

Take one down, patch it around

117 little bugs in the code"

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

I presented a point of view, but apparently having one that isn't all out euphoria is next to sin around here.

I don't think I've been a jackass, and I certainly find your answer... fascinating. Its laden with so much mis-characterization that I don't know what to say back, other than maybe I shouldn't use so many big words. People think you're being a know it all.

Yeah, I was a bit taken aback by that reply myself. You and I were just having a discussion, nothing more. I also see your point and understand where it's coming from, even if I don't agree with it. :)

Neither am I, I'm just having a conversation with someone who doesn't agree with my point of view.

Precisely. We were just discussing our views about a possible solution to negative posts on the forum and people jumping to conclusions with regards to feature teasers. I didn't take anything you said personally or offensively, and I was just putting my own opinions out there as well.

I just wish the powers that be were a bit less willing to let the voice of the minority colour their decisions about information releases.

Agreed; however, I completely understand where they're coming from. Hopefully they don't go totally quiet before the release of EDGE, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

If there's a constant bug tracker with constantly evolving information about whats happening it could sap the strength of these whiners because they can't really whine 24/7 for 12 months of the year, but if there's only a thread once a month or even a few times a month people will have plenty of energy.

You underestimate the power of the entitled customer. ;)

As I've said, I think it'll just lead to more "why isn't <feature x> done yet" posts: maybe not immediately after they are acknowledged in the tracker but let's take, for example, the Sidewinder FFB bug. That's been around for a while now and they haven't had the resources to dedicate to fixing it up until this point. Let's just say for argument's sake it has been 6 months since the bug was reported.

If it's sitting in a bug tracker staring people who are looking forward to the fix in the face (of which it seems there are many in the forums), I would assume every patch announcement you'd have posts filled with "why isn't FFB bug fixed yet" and lists of other bugs that people think are super important that maybe haven't been taken care of yet, and these posts might even be slightly more hostile than what we're seeing currently since the bug is acknowledged and there is a definite time window of how long it has been sitting unfixed.

That's not to say that every FFB user or person waiting for something to be fixed will be flaming the forums (and I expect the vast majority of them actually wouldn't) but when you have 8 or 9 bugs or features that are outstanding and highly anticipated that the extra-vocal-negative-few seem to be desperately waiting on, the forums could get pretty ugly if these acknowledged bugs aren't immediately addressed.

Either way, yea I don't care. I don't need a bug tracker to keep myself from complaining about everything that I don't see that I want.

Neither do I. I think it could be a great idea a little further down the road once DCS: World has stabilized a bit and they have more time to put in to it as a feature unto itself, but it is totally an extra bit of awesome that doesn't make or break how I feel about the product in any way.

At least with a clearer picture of ED's near to mid term focus people can get disappointed gradually and instead of treating every update like its going to surprise them with a whole new direction, they can know its coming and so its just gonna be that way, at least with respect to bugs. Then we can be surprised with features that aren't on the bug tracker. That doesn't solve the disappointed with Nevada people expressed, but maybe if it was given a longer introduction people wouldn't react that way. It HAS been in production since Christ was a Cowboy, so people irrationally expect it to be finished already.

From what I understand, even though I'm likely wrong, Nevada and EDGE have had a very rough ride changing hands from a modder to a developer to a division with in Eagle Dynamics to handle the new content internally once external sources fell apart. And the whole development process is a constantly evolving project.

They may have a map of Nevada from a previous version of the EDGE engine that they scrapped and rewrote, and now the old map is no longer compatible with the new IG so they have to rebuild it within the new engine. It might effectively end up being the exact same map, but if it doesn't transfer into the new architecture, they may have no other choice. In this case, I'd be excited for the progress because it means they didn't build the new engine to fit the old map, they built a new engine to take advantage of new technology and as a result have to remake the map to fit the engine.

It would be wonderful, as a developer myself, to get a brief history of what has gone on with EDGE / Nevada just to see how the big boys have dealt with the issues that have allegedly dogged it for the past few years. Definitely not expecting one, and don't think ED needs to say anything, really, but I do think it would be a neat read (and might even cool some of the tempers around here).

Also, if they just started working on the updated map recently (within the past few weeks as Wags stated) and they're able to get Nevada up and working by the end of the year like they're predicting (so within the next six months), it says a LOT about how quickly even newer maps might come out that are compatible with EDGE.

If they scrapped the old IG/EDGE and rebuilt it with a focus on being able to rapidly deploy new theaters for DCS and now they are leveraging that technology to rebuild the Nevada map from scratch...

Of course, I may be WAY off from what the actual story is. This is just my take on what information I've seen.

I should stop now though, lest this become a diatribe.

No hard feelings bro, I do appreciate your position on this and like I said wasn't trying to single you out in any way. You happened to be the only person who offered any kind of dialog worth responding to, and that's why I have been discussing this with you. I hope the forum moderators see it that way too, as between you and me there wasn't any bad blood expressed in any of our posts.

Hopefully the 1.2.5 hotfix is released tomorrow as planned and takes care of all of the currently outstanding issues caused by the 1.2.5 patch and Friday we get another scheduled progress update from Wags.

As I keep saying: the future of DCS looks VERY bright and people just need to have a bit more patience and appreciate how awesome what we have is before we get to marvel at all the cool new stuff on the horizon.

:thumbup:

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter