Monthly Newsletter Updates Discussion

SkateZilla

The pics of the Reaper are very nice ... Nevada anyway! :thumbup:

Keep up the good work ED, 3rd party devs and Nevada map team! You made the best sim, we'll actually (and maybe in the next years) have. :v:

I for one don't see any other true simulators coming anywhere near DCS: World any time soon. It would take much, much more than flashy graphics to impress me. And as Eagle Dynamics are currently re-working ... well it seems like pretty much every legacy model that they've got, and with the promise of a large number of new flight model modules and significant engine improvements in the future...

I mean, I for one am happy with what we've got now. So I can't WAIT to see what we get in the coming years.

:pilotfly:

:joystick:

:D

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Current map will still be available, just wont benefit from new IG.

I'm interested in some clarification on this. Is EDGE replacing the current IG (meaning we're stuck in Nevada) or not (meaning the Caucasus map will still be available)?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Every Friday when Wags posts his update, I can hear people whining "We don't care about the new contrails, we don't care about new 3D models, where the hell is some info on Nevada?"

Well, there we have Nevada and BAM! People say it's ugly, it's disappointing, nada nada nada... :doh:

I don't really know what can please some of you guys. Maybe the hills are still too much pointy, maybe it doesn't look that cool as you expected it but come on... You heard it's early WIP. And...

To be perfectly honest, if EDGE renders something that looks exactly like what we've got now but can do it at 120fps instead of the 40-50 I get now, I'll be more than happy with it.

This. This thousand times.

Performance is what are we looking for. The current engine is slowly becoming a joke and we need something more efficient ASAP. There will be no use of new beautiful eye candy if it runs no better than what we have now.

• Like 1

hopefully the UH-1H transverse flow effect/ETL vibration will be fixed soon too. It definitely has a big impact on flying the aircraft and not realistic at all as described by experienced pilots.

It's been said before - the current representation of the vibration is delberately exagerated as an aide to virtual fliers. It won't be 'fixed', 'cause it's not 'broken', but it might be tuned :)

Cheers.

The question still stands... dunno why you think that answer of yours solve it.

Why such huge amounts of material has been done in the first place for such a... place?

Obviously... why was announced is dismissed also by not answering properly to first question.

And the cherry on the cake... because it is major training area... give me a break... It is a training area because you can shoot red dots in the desert without being disturbed or risk killing someone. For a game world is and will be utter... .... ... boooooOOOOOOring.

Now we are simulating trainings... yay!!! How about we train first for simulating a training :D

in the desert!!!

can't wait for some sand in my engines.

The only sensible reason I can think of for picking such boring place (sorry for people living there, Vegas means nothing for many of us) is that US Army wanted to have a desktop trainer with the training area (funny) and ED started developing one but something happen in between.

I can't wait for EDGE and I hope that those pictures are taken using a beta Map with old engine (from first pictures at dusk so it seems)... but Nevada? Sorry... there will be nothing to do there. Training for simulating a training... nope... not my thing.

While deserts certainly are not the most interesting terrain, they do have their uses and actually, right now there is a zone in this world with mostly desertlike terrain that does have small active conflicts going on, namely the Middle East.

Would you still complain about the desert if the map was not located in Nevada but in the Middle East, with Isreal, Syria, Egypt, etc.?

It is basically the same 'boring' terrain over there.

Yes because all the stuff we do in the current map is so historical accurate and plausible... not sure why people get so hung up on missions based on US soil... training, mock invasion... heck I am going to make a mission in Nevada with the 190... so there :P

I never played realistic missions in any DCS/LOMAC game. All were fictional... some mercenary were doing some stuff... like in A Team movies.

Me and my friends train sometimes but not realistically... like... "Take off from this airfield... fly 5 hours and then drop a dud on this pice of paper bullseye... huah! ...and don't forget to fly 5 hours back"

Sorry... we have fun missions... we've stolen planes from airshows, we transported drugs on Su-25s fuel tanks, we were payed in drugs for wiping out enemy cartels and we payed with those drugs money P51s painted in our "squad colors". Yeah... we play fun GTA style murderous missions... just for fun :D. What we are suppose to do in Nevada desert? Hunt plastic rattle snakes? For training of course...

Crimea/Kuban/Georgia is so fun that we simply want more of it :) . Maybe me and my squad mates are not alone in this... not so serious training for real war approach...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

That Backfire model is ridiculous. Really really great work. Now I'm probably going to spend half of the mission looking at the AI Tu-22M while crashing myself into the hills. :P If only we could have blue afterburners on that.

I know Id buy that in a heartbeat if it was DCS level.... Can you say carpet bombing!!!!:thumbup:

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

I never played realistic missions in any DCS/LOMAC game. All were fictional... some mercenary were doing some stuff... like in A Team movies.

Me and my friends train sometimes but not realistically... like... "Take off from this airfield... fly 5 hours and then drop a dud on this pice of paper bullseye... huah! ...and don't forget to fly 5 hours back"

Sorry... we have fun missions... we've stolen planes from airshows, we transported drugs on Su-25s fuel tanks, we were payed in drugs for wiping out enemy cartels and we payed with those drugs money P51s painted in our "squad colors". Yeah... we play fun GTA style murderous missions... just for fun :D. What we are suppose to do in Nevada desert? Hunt plastic rattle snakes? For training of course...

Crimea/Kuban/Georgia is so fun that we simply want more of it :) . Maybe me and my squad mates are not alone in this... not so serious training for real war approach...

Lol, nice approach. :thumbup:

But then ... suddenly you lose all your phantasy and imagination when it comes to a desert map? wtf? :doh:

No air shows in Nevada? No drugs in the desert? No cartels? Ooookay ...?

Then, what about, hrm, "At Area 51 some experient went horribly wrong. Now it is your task to clear the surrounding area of all the undead army people that are about to invade Las Vegas" ... erm ... yeah.

• Like 1

Lol, nice approach. :thumbup:

But then ... suddenly you lose all your phantasy and imagination when it comes to a desert map? wtf? :doh:

No air shows in Nevada? No drugs in the desert? No cartels? Ooookay ...?

Then, what about, hrm, "At Area 51 some experient went horribly wrong. Now it is your task to clear the surrounding area of all the undead army people that are about to invade Las Vegas" ... erm ... yeah.

Yep! Or, it is a post apocalyptic world. After a nuclear war, the ground is 'unlivable' and all the battles are fought in the skies... Mad max style. Make some crappy old rusted skins and have at it :D

EDIT: oh yes, and the drugs.. drugs everywhere. Deserts.. the deserts are made out of drugs. Why? Because drugs.

Edited by hegykc

Bummer,Miserable people love the company of more misery and negativity,Don't give in to them.

AWESOME UPDATE, Thank You for all the great shots,The WIP Nevada Pics are Outstanding!!I'm very Excited to set up{REAL USAF} Red Flag Training Exercises.This Will be H-U-G-E:thumbup:

Thank You for your great work Developing This,Cheers:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

Best update yet Wags! Thanks!

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Ever played Fallout New Vegas? There's your chance to make your own fallout.

I never been to Nevada so to me some areas can look very close like Helmand province in Afghanistan.

Awesome update btw. The Su-33 model looks amazing and I'm looking forward to see if ED decides to implement AFM on it in the future so carrier landings and take-offs can be realistic and challenging as it should be.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Not sure what all the fuss over Nevada is about. If you don't like it don't buy it and wait for the next new map. Simple as that. I personally am looking forward to getting the Nevada map so I can re-live the days of flying around the desert training ground in A-10 Cuba.

You can't kick *** without tanker gas

Not sure what all the fuss over Nevada is about. If you don't like it don't buy it and wait for the next new map. Simple as that. I personally am looking forward to getting the Nevada map so I can re-live the days of flying around the desert training ground in A-10 Cuba.

A-10 Cuba...best A-10 sim prior to DCS!

Yes because all the stuff we do in the current map is so historical accurate and plausible... not sure why people get so hung up on missions based on US soil... training, mock invasion... heck I am going to make a mission in Nevada with the 190... so there :P

This, definitely.

I think it's kind of pointless to get hung up on the geopolitical plausibility of the locales - Counterfactuals are built into the very nature of simulation

There's nothing inherent in the patch of the Earth's inhabited surface we call "Nevada" that says modern armed forces would never clash there, it just happened to turn out so that nowadays there's nothing about it people want to fight over.

But let's say otherwise, just for the sake of argument. Maybe in the world of... DCS World, Nevada is the world's most unstable tinderbox, and sim fans are wondering why they're getting boring old peaceful North Korea, and expected to defend glitzy, hedonistic Pyongyang. And also I'm a fighter pilot.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

• ED Team

I'm personally looking quite forward to MP sessions of "Red Hat" members out of Groom against BlueFor members out of Nellis, with objectives around "the whale".

Oh, and I never fly online as Wags unless in a closed test session. If you ever see someone with the callsign Wags, it ain't me.

Edited by Wags

Really? Hadn't you see the movie Red Dawn (1984), where the bloody commies invaded the Land of Liberty and Equality and a bunch of high school kids went Rambo style and killed them all? :D

You can always put the Red Army playing the enemy role.

936197_20130422144506_320_240.JPG

Jocking :D

What does the RCMP have to do with the Red Army?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

It seems to take a few bad comments to make it bad for the rest of us. Kinda like a few bad apples spoiling the bunch. I am sure you all get what I mean. First update with pics on the Nevada map and instead of appreciating and expressing thanks the negative patrol slams the goodies we get.

Things look great to me with the WIP pics given to us and I am sure things will definitely get better as we get closer to release. Thanks Matt for the update and please continue to bring them on. This fan-boy will forever be in the corner of ED as long as you keep delivering. :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I'm a little confused, I thought that a couple of months ago someone from ED said that Nevada was essentially done the holdup was due to EDGE not being complete. Now we learn that they are rebuilding Nevada?

I love the new models! But I think the original Nevada from a few years ago during the A-10C beta actually looked better. More realistic colors and such. The new screenshots look very similar to the same old Lock-on stuff, cartoonish and plastic-y.