DCS World environmental shaders mod

Mustang, could you give some hints how to get version 5.29 (my favourite) to work with 1.2.9? I agree with the others that it is one of best mods for visuals, really appreciated.

Here you go, 1.2.9 compatible 5.29 just for you :)

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCS repair will definately remove this mod, you will see all the removed files in the Backup folders in your DCS directory

I very much doubt that the modified shaders will break anything with cockpits, the problem must lie elsewhere in your install.

You were right and I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I did a complete reinstall of DCS World and after reconfiguring everything I installed your mod again and everything is working fine. It's unfortunate that we have to go through this monkey business with every update but I guess it's just the nature of the beast.

You were right and I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I did a complete reinstall of DCS World and after reconfiguring everything I installed your mod again and everything is working fine. It's unfortunate that we have to go through this monkey business with every update but I guess it's just the nature of the beast.

No worries, glad you got it sorted! :thumbup:

• Like 1

from a MP flight 104th server

is this any issue related to the mod ? when it appears the locking square also jitters on the hud and i cant get a stable lock

image.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

is this any issue related to the mod ? when it appears the locking square also jitters on the hud and i cant get a stable lock

image.jpg

I get the same thing. in MP

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

got it

Yep that's when clients warp badly, their smoke trails are dragged all over the sky in crazy directions and speeds :D

glad to know it's nothing related to the mod couse i really think that it adds to the sim appearance:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Hello Mustang,

Just saying thanks. Only recently did I start using your clouds and sky and I must say it's exactly what I was looking for. I'm unfamiliar with the technical terms so hopefully you understand my description but the stock DCS somehow looks like my LCD screen is covered by a very thick gray dust layer. Stock colours somehow seem grim, not grim like in a gloomy horror movie but grim like in somewhere between a colour screen and a monochrome one. Using your shaders this 'layer' is removed and the environment looks much more alive.

If I had a hat, I'd take it off!

Edited by JayPee

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

Hello Mustang,

I use your awesome Mod and sometime when I take off from my home base (Kutaisi) and I have all my clouds in the sky and after one flight to Sukhumi just before landing all my clouds are disappear, just the blue sky, is it one bug from DCS ?

I use V1.2.10 of DCS World, thanks in advance.Skull

Hey MUSTANG i love your avatar men!!!

especially when the big pink ball falls out and hit the track hahaha!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Hello Mustang,

I use your awesome Mod and sometime when I take off from my home base (Kutaisi) and I have all my clouds in the sky and after one flight to Sukhumi just before landing all my clouds are disappear, just the blue sky, is it one bug from DCS ?

I use V1.2.10 of DCS World, thanks in advance.Skull

Hi Skull,

yes..this is a very old DCS Bug...

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Looks weird and something like this or RoboGeisha ...
Oh man... I thought it was a short video. I woke up at the end of the video, I watched whole video. Damn! :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

yes..this is a very old DCS Bug...

Hello dear Lizzard,

A great thanks for your explanation, there's nothing that we can do for this bug, maybe EDGE.

Bye and have a good day, Skull.

Would interesting before EDGE to try to make the Shader like a HDR at minimum setting and max out all the glare from aircraft and some land objects to make reflect more the sun light for better sighting .. Is it possible on those shade settings... hummm!

Fly it like you stole it..

Would interesting before EDGE to try to make the Shader like a HDR at minimum setting and max out all the glare from aircraft and some land objects to make reflect more the sun light for better sighting .. Is it possible on those shade settings... hummm!

I guess that sunpower can be heavily reduced then have the diffuse level pushed all the way up, could give some interesting results - i'll have a play around :)