Steam Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Steam Specific Issues

ShaZe88

@ Skates

I haven't been able to locate that option in over a year. I used to use it for KSP but it has gone away.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the options available these days,

Steam%20Update%20Options_zps99kj0l09.png

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Steam to DCS to open Beta

So this may be a dumb question, but last week I finally got around to moving from steam to standalone DCS (told myself I'd do it before 1.5 comes out, I've had it on steam for a couple years now) Anyways the move went great Got all my modules moved over fine, keys all worked.

Now my question, I downloaded DCS open beta, because I want access to 1.5 and NTTR right when they come out. However I need to move my modules from DCSW to DCSW open beta. Am I able to just copy and paste the files from the folder from one install to another then reactive or do I need to go ahead and download all the modules again and change the path to the DCS open beta files when I download them from ED site.

See the problem is I cannot use the modules manager as all the modules I have were from Steam, and I would rather avoid downloading all the units again as my internet is quite slow. Anyways hope I don't sound like a nut :D any advice would be appreciated.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

If you don't want to download everything again, don't blame you, just install the DCS World openbeta with no modules.

Then copy your regular DCS World folder files over to it.

Then follow the guide here, http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030, to covert that install to the openbeta. It's the the last section of the first post in that thread.

You can also just convert your current install over to the openbeta if space is a concern.

Edited by txmtb

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

You did log in with the same account? Go to multiplayer and sign in once.

Yeah I did log in to the same account, I have not tried logging in on Multiplier, I'll try that as soon as I can. However I did buy anything with that account, everything is from steam.

I just did something similar ready for the Beta - no issues really. Just installed the base DCS World Beta, started it up and went to the module manager, logged in and then installed all my modules. Because most of the data was already on disk from the released version the installation just copied most of it over.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

I just did something similar ready for the Beta - no issues really. Just installed the base DCS World Beta, started it up and went to the module manager, logged in and then installed all my modules. Because most of the data was already on disk from the released version the installation just copied most of it over.

Maybe I'll try uninstalling the open beta and reinstalling it, but that was the last thing I installed. All of the modules should have already been on the disk when I installed the open beta, as I made the move from steam a week or so and I only just barley tried the open beta.

Can you drag and drop steam DCS files to non-steam DCS?

First off, apologies if this question has been asked before. I'm currently converting from steam DCS to non-steam DCS and I've seen that most people deactivate and uninstall modules from their steam DCS and then install the modules from the DCS store and reactivate them that way. My question is, is that entirely necessary? I tried copying the module files directly from the steam directory and then pasting them in my non-steam Eagle Dynamics folder and the modules seem to work fine. Am I doing anything wrong or is this a fine way of converting? Thanks.

I don't think the deactivation has anything to do with the installed modules since DCS stand-alone will recognise them as installed--just not activated. Meanwhile, because the standalone requires a log-in to activate said modules, you will need to change the various key's to an ED account, as it no longer uses Steam as its authorisation.

Bottom line is, from my experience, I was able to start the stand-alone install, copy the files from steam, and then let the installer find those files and everything installed just fine; however, I did have to edit a file to allow the module manager to activate. After that I associated the keys to my ed account without de-activation and everything seems to work fine.

I don't think the deactivation has anything to do with the installed modules since DCS stand-alone will recognise them as installed--just not activated. Meanwhile, because the standalone requires a log-in to activate said modules, you will need to change the various key's to an ED account, as it no longer uses Steam as its authorisation.

Bottom line is, from my experience, I was able to start the stand-alone install, copy the files from steam, and then let the installer find those files and everything installed just fine; however, I did have to edit a file to allow the module manager to activate. After that I associated the keys to my ed account without de-activation and everything seems to work fine.

Standalone and Steam both use the same Starforce Proactive Authorization.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

A question, if I want to make the transfer to standalone from steam, can I just use the keys from the modules I bought on Steam and use them like that in module manager or doesn't that work?

Yes. From Steam to standalone works.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

just downloaded to 1.5 standalone beta....

I have some modules on steam that I want get on standalone how do I move them across? notice there is in my profile page a serial number function that lets you bind to your ED is this what to use ?(note I want keep them both on steam and standalone)