A lot of new pledge options.

OB1

The only real way to interpret what he meant was that everybody got 3 for free (seems overly generous to me but anyway) and then after, if stretch goals were hit, you got an extra 1 for $20, 2 for $30 or all of them for $40. Still doesn't make much sense as an overall model but hey. Unfortunately it never read very clear hence all the confusion - I know I was totally confused initially. Somebody needs to use a proof-reader next time before sending out anything official.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to double my pledge on this KS, would like to see it be successful. I'm sure DCS WWII will be made regardless, but with success of the KS it will happen much sooner which is what I'm hoping for.

And I am pretty sure we will hit 100k... But the 375k we all want with a B-17 and large map feels far away :(

I'm hoping you are correct on making the 100k, I have to admit I'm concerned a little that we might not make it. Granted we had a large momentum early that carried it past the halfway point, and that we have 22 days left still, but things seem to have slowed down. At this point I'll be happy hitting 100k, I'm not expecting us to hit the first stretch goal unfortunately.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

I thought some of you might have trouble reading the updated pledge chart. Hence I remade them in a more manageable form. I don't think there are any mistakes, but if you spot any, feel free to tell me and I'll do the necessary updates.

The three main editions are:

DCS WWII Standard Edition

DCS WWII World Edition

DCS WWII Alpha Edition

Thanks!

The problem are the intersections between the levels... And if you don't want t-shirts etc that are only going to production costs and postage some options are lacking...

I have the P-51, want the D9 and alpha acesss and no physical stuff sent... Impossible combination it seems. I just want to pay $100 and get what I get on 85 + the alpha access that people get already at 50 ;) Sigh...

The stuff that really adds to the confusion is that the stuff just don't add to the previous levels like Kickstarter projects use too I think?

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

Oh.. I see what you did there Luthier. Divide et impera, my friends.

Or should I say, confudamus et impera :)

I like this! Basically don't pledge less than a 100 because you don't know what you're gonna get. 200 if you wan't to be on the safe side, and a 1.000 just to be sure.

Screw those perfec campaignes, Star citizen... perfect this, perfect that...

This is fun! Can't wait for tomorrow :)

P.S. I'm not even joking

Same here David, suitably confused already.:dunno:

That would make at least 3 of us.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Decided to double my pledge on this KS, would like to see it be successful. I'm sure DCS WWII will be made regardless, but with success of the KS it will happen much sooner which is what I'm hoping for.

I'm hoping you are correct on making the 100k, I have to admit I'm concerned a little that we might not make it. Granted we had a large momentum early that carried it past the halfway point, and that we have 22 days left still, but things seem to have slowed down. At this point I'll be happy hitting 100k, I'm not expecting us to hit the first stretch goal unfortunately.

You are right but it has picked up a good pace now which is even better then the last 2 or 3 days and we still have 11 hours left on the 13th.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 of us...

But I think it will get ironed out further. From the kickstarter comments page:

Hey folks,

Editing the project, fixing some existing rewards, and adding new ones.

I'll post an update with everything spelled out once it's done, but it's a gradual process, so please don't react to changes prematurely - it's not final until I post an update!

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

The update completion has been posted already. Way I see it for those who are on 40 currently but planned on buying the Dora immediately may as well up their pledge to the 85 level. The 190 will probably cost 50 when it comes out so you'd basically be pre-ordering the Dora while helping to boost the KS level.

Yeh Roy but it`s not fresh blood .only 40 backers today, the majority of the cash has been people upping pledges. Can`t we kidnap Bill Gates and make him chip in??? Long way to go, the 100 will be passed I`m sure, the stretches look like mission impossible at the current rate of pledging.

Edited by Smurfy1967

I think this tread needs to be renamed or allowed to die off. The original premise for the title has changed significantly and a casual visitor may not appreciate that. Another more appropriate thread should be used that discusses the current options.

Since the changes I've upped my pledge by $50, because the options are very attractive.

The tally is getting close to $71,000. Keep up spreading the word guys!

Edited by Skoshi Tiger
  • Like 1

Chipped in my $50 today. Don't know if I'll have any more before the kickstarter closes but I'm sure it will hit the $100k mark. Can they lower the stretch goals so the first one hits at the $175k to $200k mark?

Not sure if thats a good idea, at least not yet.If we were already close to the deadline I think another single seat fighter could be set for a 175-200k mark.Which one? I couldnt say, but I suppose it would have to be the less complicated one of the bunch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd be fine with another plane other that the B-17 if they lowered the mark but the gap is huge between the 100k level and the next benchmark as it stands. I bumped my pledge up to $85 mark to go ahead and pay for my FW190. Kickstarter and transfer fees being 9% seems really high but I've never done a Kickstarter campaign. Thats a huge chunk of this whole project.

Dang, I thought I would take a look at upping my pledge from 100 to maybe 150 or even 200, however reading the new pledge options I have no idea really what I am looking at, I am finding it quite confusing at least for my simple mind... different options even for same amount of pledge.

I mean seriously I am looking at the pledge page now where I can change my pledge amount and choose a new reward.

Ok my existing current selection , is 100+ - Everything at the 40 level, plus hard copy of combat strategy and tactics, and spiral bound copies of aircraft manuals for two flyable planes.

Then, I look at changing to say 150+ - I get everything at 50 dollar level, plus hard copy etc etc. So I look at 50 dollar level, and it states everything at 40 dollar level - ok I look at 40 dollar level, it states everything at 10 dollar level, plus digital copy of flyable aircraft etc etc...

Sigh, I think I just need to go to bed, maybe my mind will be clearer in the morning LOL. Leaving it as is for now.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Dang, I thought I would take a look at upping my pledge from 100 to maybe 150 or even 200, however reading the new pledge options I have no idea really what I am looking at, I am finding it quite confusing at least for my simple mind... different options even for same amount of pledge.

I mean seriously I am looking at the pledge page now where I can change my pledge amount and choose a new reward.

Ok my existing current selection , is 100+ - Everything at the 40 level, plus hard copy of combat strategy and tactics, and spiral bound copies of aircraft manuals for two flyable planes.

Then, I look at changing to say 150+ - I get everything at 50 dollar level, plus hard copy etc etc. So I look at 50 dollar level, and it states everything at 40 dollar level - ok I look at 40 dollar level, it states everything at 10 dollar level, plus digital copy of flyable aircraft etc etc...

Sigh, I think I just need to go to bed, maybe my mind will be clearer in the morning LOL. Leaving it as is for now.

Ok. let me help you out. :)

They added a few things to make things more interesting and more attractive for more people.

I had the same pledge as you: $100+shipping. This gave me all the flyable planes plus a tactics manual that I don't really need ( I suck anyway) and the spiral manual. The thing is I already have the DCS pony and intended to get the DCS Dora at the first occasion instead of waiting for DCS WW2 Europe when I'll get them.

I upped my pledge to the $110+shipping because this one has instead of the tactics manual a copy of DCS FW190 D9 from the moment it goes beta, long before DCS WW2 Europe is released. On top of that I also get the Alpha access to the game.

The new pledges widened the options so you can chose manuals, alpha access for the game, the DCS P-51D and DCS FW-190D9 from release, or a much wider combination of this things, depending on what you like to have more.

NZXT-Phantom820; Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master:Ryzen 3950x Corsair H150i;AORUS GTX 1080 Ti 11G; 32GB(2x16)G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz(16-16-16-36); Aorus PCIe Gen4 m.2 NMVe 2TB SSD;Samsung EvoPlusM.2NMVe 1TB SSD;Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD: Coolermaster 1200W psu; CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45

Win10 64bit

Oh.. I see what you did there Luthier. Divide et impera, my friends.

Or should I say, confudamus et impera :)

I like this! Basically don't pledge less than a 100 because you don't know what you're gonna get. 200 if you wan't to be on the safe side, and a 1.000 just to be sure.

Screw those perfec campaignes, Star citizen... perfect this, perfect that...

This is fun! Can't wait for tomorrow :)

P.S. I'm not even joking

lol :)

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

OK I'm looking at upping my pledge to get the 190.Currently I'm on the $50 'alpha tier 1' pledge, that gives everything at the $10 plus alpha access. I'm not so fussed about alpha access, as I doubt I will have time for it, and am not interested in manuals or t shirts.

Is the $85 DCSW Tier 2 the one to go for? This gives me a 190 in DCSW on release, with beta access to WWII. Does it also give me the 190 in WWII though or would I have to buy another licence?

Confused.com...

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Ok. let me help you out. :)

They added a few things to make things more interesting and more attractive for more people.

Thanks that helped clear things up somewhat for me this morning, have now increased my pledge.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Decided to upgrade my pledge to get the chance to log a few hours on the Mustang and the Dora before the rest of DSCWW2 hits. I'm looking forward to the learning curve that this series offers. There is nothing more satisfying than the moment when you finally master the beast, unless it's unloading lead into a 109! :smilewink:

OK I'm looking at upping my pledge to get the 190.Currently I'm on the $50 'alpha tier 1' pledge, that gives everything at the $10 plus alpha access. I'm not so fussed about alpha access, as I doubt I will have time for it, and am not interested in manuals or t shirts.

Is the $85 DCSW Tier 2 the one to go for? This gives me a 190 in DCSW on release, with beta access to WWII. Does it also give me the 190 in WWII though or would I have to buy another licence?

Confused.com...

85 tier 2 is the one to go for if you want the 190 beta and don't care about alpha access. Once the 190 goes into beta in DCS World you'll have immediate access. Then once DCS WW2 is released you'll have it there too. May as well preorder the 190 and help out KS at the same time in my opinion.