DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

What?!? Of the general public, who were not interested in international politics, that might have been the gist of things, but Trueman, the military and state department did not feel the same at all.

Roosevelt, physically and mentally weakened in his progressing illness gave Stalin nearly every concession JS requested in the Yalta Accords. After Roosevelt's death, Trueman was left in a position with which he was very unhappy. Before the war, the USSR's sphere of influence didn't extend into Western Europe any further than Poland's eastern border, and its military was at best mediocre. Now it was nearly in France, and although the US military was at its pinnacle, the Soviet's military strength rivalled it in many ways, exceeding it in some, and although not in others. Already during the war, both sides scrambled to leverage captured German research documents and equipment to push to increase military advantages. After the war, funding may have slacked off, but intention did not. Neither side was willing, nor able to slide back into the complacency which prevailed between the wars.

That Republic deemed it of no importance to maintain archives of a long obsolete technology is not surprising. When Fairchild acquired Republic in '65, I doubt anybody at Fairchild had any interest in Republic's obsolete documents, and simply left them where they lay or disposed of them, if they were in the way. From my understanding, one office location on Long Island where the research papers might have been stored was sold off, and the buyer simply cleared them out as trash :(

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I would honestly love to have a new WWII Flaming Cliffs pack of simple modelled aircraft, but ED has committed themselves to a certain level now, including the P-47. That is what they are shooting for.

As I stated a few times before, this is quite a good idea.

I'd make a Vietnam FC3 pack, a Korea FC3 pack a WWII FC3 pack and so on.

:P

Bad idea. DCS has a rep now of making accurate planes and you want them to start making simple planes like everybody else?

Who wants to pay for that?

No its not a bd idea.I woulnt shoot it down so quick. FC3 is still a simulation just not study grade.

There are quite a bit of friends who have gotten into DCS FC3 and want more jet aircraft of that Level, but do not want to nto Full study simulation modules. They want Realistic handling and or ballistics of weaponry, simulation of avionics but not Play Switacharoo. and its understandable why its not for everyone.

People play sims like Il2 BOS and want something that fills similar level of simpler simulation but in more Modern Setting with jet aircrafy. Fc3 fill this potential market , but has only a select few aircraft, and atm no more FC3 are being added. ED may not want to make anymore but you are very wrong in assuming there isn't a greater market for simpler simulations. in post ww2 - modern eras.

Again its unfair for study simmers here to tell that specific genre of simmers to "GTFO" because outside of FC3 there really aren't any similar type of modern simpler sims to fall back to.

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I would honestly love to have a new WWII Flaming Cliffs pack of simple modelled aircraft, but ED has committed themselves to a certain level now, including the P-47. That is what they are shooting for.

Really? I own several of those simplified Flaming Cliffs planes and I just don't enjoy them. I have flown the F-15 only a handful of times and the SU-25 I have flown only once in 7 or 8 years. They just don't do it for me. I don't even have any controls mapped to any of them because I never touch em.

I also kind of feel that the WWII planes are so simple to begin with that there isn't all that much to simplify. I don't think that the flight models are any different in the Flaming Cliffs planes so if this is the case, the actual flying of the WWII planes is the only really challenging part of flying them. Since the flight model would be the same. It seems kind of silly to just simplify the easiest part of the WWII modules.

And......like another poster here. I have IL-2,and Rise of flight. I find them to be boring and I only fly them when I'm more or less just joking around. I never take either seriously. And I certainly never invest any money in any of their AC. I cannot imagine that I would purchase any simplified AC from DCS either. I wouldn't matter how much I like them. I've gotten to the point where I only purchase planes or modules that I would actually be interested in flying.

Just My opinion but I can't see any good reason behind it.

Bad idea. DCS has a rep now of making accurate planes and you want them to start making simple planes like everybody else?

Who wants to pay for that?

*raises hand slowly* I would... sorry :(

Also- maybe many of those who bought FC3 level planes?

Dunno, just saying, since Eagle Dynamics even split the FC3 package planes into single ones means that there is an interest.

Admittedly I've been been wrong before...:angel:

• Like 1

DCS will always? be the Iracing of the flight sim world, this suits the other market their also in, and I like to experience / train at this close to IRL level too. It's all a bit of cross marketing as well going on and the bar needs to be kept high.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Somehow I don’t think their other market is interested in the P-47... ;)

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• ED Team
Really?

I should clarify... I would accept FC3 level WWII aircraft, with the intent to upgrade them to PFM (like FC3 is doing) and ASM (which I hope FC3 will do one day).

I should also clarify that I don't see this happening... It would probably be a step backwards for ED, and I am not sure Yo-Yo would be excited about throwing out SFM WWII aircraft...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I love the study level planes... They're why I'm addicted to DCS but it was the free Su-25, and then the FC3 planes that got me into it to start with. So from a marketing perspective I think it may be a good idea. As the WWII portfolio expands, a free useful aircraft for that era might be a good idea.

I wouldn’t mind flying a FC3 style P-47 while they procure the data needed for the full flight model.

It may be a good way for ED to make back some money that they’ve already spent on the 3d model at least.

Also it could be a good indicator as to which plane should be modeled next. Release several FC3 type aircraft at $9.99 and which ever sells the most would obviously be the more popular plane and would deserve the most attention when releasing an advanced flight model.

Interesting video clip. The P-47 seems to stay in the “hit box” for quite a long time... I don’t see any tracers so it’s hard to tell if the FW-190 had mg ammunition and was actively firing or maybe he only had cannons so he was taking longer to line up the shot. There is one confirmed hit... and it does look to be cannon fire on the left wing. It flames up but then extinguishes. I wish their was more data along with the clip! It looks like the P-47 survived though... assuming that was all the damage he sustained.

I wouldn’t mind flying a FC3 style P-47 while they procure the data needed for the full flight model.

It may be a good way for ED to make back some money that they’ve already spent on the 3d model at least.

Also it could be a good indicator as to which plane should be modeled next. Release several FC3 type aircraft at $9.99 and which ever sells the most would obviously be the more popular plane and would deserve the most attention when releasing an advanced flight model.

No way in hell. I want the best possible P-47 flight model, there are other games I could settle for if I wanted FC3 quailty. The 3D model was pretty much already complete during the kickstarter phase. Its good to see that ED has standards.

No way in hell. I want the best possible P-47 flight model, there are other games I could settle for if I wanted FC3 quailty. The 3D model was pretty much already complete during the kickstarter phase. Its good to see that ED has standards.

What if it means we won't get P-47 at all?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

If ED one day decides to pull stuff like throwing FC3-level planes all over the place, that would be suicide, and they know that. The standard they set to themselves and the other 3rd Parties is what sets them apart from current and future competitors.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

If ED one day decides to pull stuff like throwing FC3-level planes all over the place, that would be suicide, and they know that. The standard they set to themselves and the other 3rd Parties is what sets them apart from current and future competitors.

Dunno. Really dunno.

Flaming Cliffs is how it started and it's still a supported and "gateway" sim-lite drug.

Now, of course I wouldn't want to only see FC3 level planes but why not having some "side dish"?

Also it could be a way to test the water and see which of those planes eventually make into full blown study sim.

TL;DR: Just saying it's not just "either" "or"... there's a nice comfy middle ground.:smilewink:

TL;DR: Just saying it's not just "either" "or"... there's a nice comfy middle ground.:smilewink:

In the form of only half the buttons clickable and a PFM for the front half of the aircraft? ;)

I do agree with you though and I hope that if one day they have to make this decision for what ever reason, they find this middle ground.

And by the way, only two more weeks for the P-47 boys, I can feel it. :joystick:

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I could go to another popular flight sim that I own and have a simplified P-47. Yet I don't. SO my answer would have to be yes.

Having already purchased the simpler P-51, Spitfire, and ME109 from another sim company, I don't think I would be apt to want to own another. No matter who made it.

Sorry.......just bores me to tears. :joystick:

I feek certain we will get a full scale p47. Worse case scenario they scrap this one and go for a earlier block either for P-47D25 - D28 which there is more information. If we got an an earlier bubble canopy p47D. it wouldn't be so tragic. we could live without dive flaps.

However it depends how far in development they are. IF they are "past the point of no return" perhaps they may as well finish the D30.

However i don't think the developers would chose to proceed with model they were not confident they could find enough information on.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I feek certain we will get a full scale p47. Worse case scenario they scrap this one and go for a earlier block either for P-47D25 - D28 which there is more information. If we got an an earlier bubble canopy p47D. it wouldn't be so tragic. we could live without dive flaps.

For me it will be amazing to obtain "Razorback" version. Unfortunately I don't know the whole problem of DCS P-47, only rumors. But if the foundation stone is the aircraft version, I'll be happy with earlier machines.
Спойлер

ASRock X570, Ryzen 9 3900X, Kingston HyperX 64GB 3200 MHz, XFX RX6900XT MERC 319 16GB, SSD for DCS - Patriot P210 2048GB, HP Reverb G2.

WINWING Orion 2 throttle, VPC Rotor Plus TCS + Hawk-60 grip, VPC WarBRD + MongoosT-50CM2/V.F.X (F-14) grips. Logitech G940 pedals🥲

For me it will be amazing to obtain "Razorback" version. Unfortunately I don't know the whole problem of DCS P-47, only rumors. But if the foundation stone is the aircraft version, I'll be happy with earlier machines.

P47 razorbacks looks nice from exterior , but id still prefer a Bubble canopy due to offering better visibility from the cockpit.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro