I would like to know if it's possible to have the concrete walls...

Skulleader

Hello,

I have a request for the members and artists because you can created any 3D models for DCS, I would like to know if it's possible to have the same concrete walls who protect the Kiowa Warior in Afghanistan.

You can see these concrete walls in this video from Youtube:

In fact in my DCS I would like to have these concrete walls for pretect my Mi-8 and Huey from the ennemy fire.

If you can created these concrete walls I would add these element all around the parkings of my helicopters.

To the time code: 3:05 you can watch the concrete walls...

Here the link of this video:

I join you one screenshot from this video:

10465823464_1c056f13ea_o.jpg

I would like to thank you in advance for your help and answer...

Bye, Skull.

I think the concrete walls are mods "useful" after a more flexible parking spot fore the helicopter has done.

We should break the FARP as intended now (the big, square, 4 spot structure) in:

Single spot in various material or even just an invisible "Refuelling and Rearming Property", maybe a trigger circle.

I could model, unwrap, do a basic texture, export as EDM format.

I should be able to work out the LOD's as well, they seem simple enough.

My only trouble is getting them into the game nicely. I've not fully worked out the mod folder system yet for adding Structures.

If you can get the dimensions you are after I could probably get the model all sorted by the end of the weekend. Just the mod folder issue (not a biggy).

If I well understand it's so easy to do, we need one 3D model + the textures + and after the posibility to use with DCS...

Hello Fudge,

Yes your concrete walls seems perfect and the same that the video, I really love these walls.

Do you have created these concrete walls that we can watch on your screenshot ?

Thanks in advance, Skull.

Yes I've created the concrete wall in the screenshot. A few things are not working as intended. For instance they are currently added in as a unit that can not move, so not ideal, but they are in mod folder format.

I could clean up the mod folder and upload it as it is for now. Only problem with that is if I discover how to set the wall as a structure, you would need to add them all again in your missions.

Hello dear Fudge,

I wait with impatient your Mod, I'm so excited.

A great thanks for your work, Bye.

Skull.

Here we go, it isn't much, just a concrete wall, but you seem excited by it :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/j6a7f48dbnqzlab/FudgesFortifications.zip

There is a readme in there, but extract the folder to your mods folder. The wall is under ground units - fortification

Because it is a unit it has a label, so I'd suggest flying without labels on, at least when you are near the walls.

The origin point of the walls in on the end, should make connecting them slightly easier, but it is still trial and error unfortunately.

I may upload it to the DCS files page once I've created enough objects, currently it is just the one...

Nice but...I have downloaded and put it in the correct folder as you say in the text..I see it in static object list but when i run the game it does not appear! :(

Edited by Spanker79

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

Vaggos, that is odd, seems to work my end. Are you trying to find it on the map or in the 3D world? I've disabled the icon / health bar on the map as I felt they were not required.

The object is also only visible within about 3km (to assist with performance).

Can you check inside the folder;

DCS World\Mods\tech\FudgesFortifications\Shapes

and ensure there is a file named Conc_Bar_tall_x3.EDM, if not maybe it extracted incorrectly.

Yes..I unzip the file and the i place the unzipped file inside the route you are saying..

I put a plane at the runway and then the static object infront.But i can't see it although it is supposed to be infront of me...

And the file named Conc_Bar_tall_x3.EDM it is there... :(

~ Flying since 2008 ~

Hello dear Sir,

In first I would like to thank you for your work and your patient, I've installed your Mod but when I'm in the "Mission Editor" I can't found your walls.

I've installed your Mod as you explain but nothing... Your Mod do not work with my DCS, is it a bug ?

Please can you tell me why your Mod bug ?

A great thanks again for all and best regards. Skull

I put a plane at the runway and then the static object infront.But i can't see it although it is supposed to be infront of me...

And the file named Conc_Bar_tall_x3.EDM it is there... :(

This may be the problem. The object will only show as a Ground Unit, such as how you would place a tank. It wont work if added as a static object, would like it to though.

Image of where the object is located in the mission editor.

http://imgur.com/1L1EQtR

Great objects there Noodle.

great work, really impressive. . . is it also possible to get these concrete blast reflective walls you?:-)

every russian airbase has them. they are about 100m-190m meters long. please find it on the right of the attached pic.

2101534.thumb.jpg.828010a1be88af35c5a9d7e66e578f7c.jpg

Edited by flanker1

After you unpacked the zip file "FudgesFortifications" you need to delete one copy of the folder with the name "FudgesFortifications". Next, as described in

file readme.

YtO5AiFu.jpg

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Here are a few images of an upcoming add-on I'm working on. It might be of interest to the readers of this thread. I'm not sure when it will be available, but "soon" sounds about right.

6xen.jpg

k3xu.jpg

oiaz.jpg

waml.jpg

zpy3.jpg

These are ready to go, I just haven't bothered taking screenshots in DCS:

q1or.jpg

4p33.jpg

e2n3.jpg

c2ea.jpg

x7xs.jpg

2trp.jpg

oz6b.jpg

09cy.jpg

zou0.jpg

:thumbup:

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

This may be the problem. The object will only show as a Ground Unit, such as how you would place a tank. It wont work if added as a static object, would like it to though.

Image of where the object is located in the mission editor.

http://imgur.com/1L1EQtR

Great objects there Noodle.

It worked..Thnx for the help..i will keep an eye on this post for the other fortifications.Keep up the good work!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

~ Flying since 2008 ~

Hello guys,

Fudge I've tested your concrete walls and now everything is OK, I have a little question about the number of the blocks.

You have created the blocks x3 and I would like to know if you can created other size X6, X9 and X12 ?

I ask you this question because with the mission editor it's not easy to placed like I want the blocks and with the other size it would be perfect, no ?

Noodle,

You elements are incredible, great work for you two guys...

My first test but with the 3X it's not easy:

10594390906_83c7b9be9a_o.jpg

A great thanks in advance for you incredible work, best regards. Skull

Maybe it would be better to make a number of different walls of varied lengths, so if you want to place a long line you use the longer object, if that makes any sense :)

yeah i agree, you can multiply and connect many parts easily in 3dsmax, so you can (should) make 2, 5 and 10 etc. section long walls

i think we need 1, 2, 5, 10 and 20 pieces long walls :thumbup:

sign-pic4.jpg