DCS 1.2.7 Open Beta - Now Available

Wags

I have a question... I downloaded 1.2.7 beta to play around with and I need to get Helios to work with it. It still works fine in 1.2.6 but how do I get it to work with 1.2.7 beta? My pit is useless in the beta without it lol.

I had the same problem so i just copied my scripts folder located :-

C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

into

C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts

.... and Helios started working in V1.2.7 :)

Hope that helps...

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a good time with 1.2.7. BETA. I like how you can adjust the controls without ending the current mission. Can't wait for the finished product. You guys rock.

AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Core Processor 3.90 GHz.

16 GB of Ram

2 MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8GB Graphics Cards

LG Blue Ray

Samsung 1TB SSD

Western Digital 1TB HD

2TB Western Digital SSD

Corsair Full Tower

Liquid Cooling

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

27 Samsung LED curved Monitor

Eh guys- sorry, quick question on the beta side.

I saw that the devs changed the IP of the master server... and that the server went down briefly this morning. I have just noticed my IP in the setup has changed-

Is that the new server IP? Is that what I should expect from now on.

Edit: didn't think I was supposed to report 1.2.7 problems here- but it got moved here so here we go.

I had a server crash last night... somewhere in the interim my IP got changed in the config file. I've deleted the folder and started again... still get this weird IP address.

Repaired... nothing.

Does 176.31.233.120 sound like some familiar generic address I haven't heard of? I can't post the server again until I get this squared so any help would be appreciated.

Same issue with the VA server mate,

Exact same ip showing in the interface box.

Cant seem to fix it :/

That said there is alot of servers missing tonight

Seems to be alot of the ones that use dedicated servers in data centrers, people from their Pc's at home seem to be ok

Pete

DCS 1.2.7.Open Beta

Have downloaded 1.2.7 open Beta but Huey doesn't appear.

Huey shows in 1.2.6 & also shows in Module manager, but does not appear in 1.2.7 Open beta.

Have tried copy & paste to 1.2.7 from 1.2.6 Huey appears in external vision, but controls not working & cockpit not visible, obviously this not the way to go.

Any help & advice appreciated to get this up & running in 1.2.7 Open Beta

Thanks

Huey shows in 1.2.6 & also shows in Module manager, but does not appear in 1.2.7 Open beta.

Have tried copy & paste to 1.2.7 from 1.2.6 Huey appears in external vision, but controls not working & cockpit not visible, obviously this not the way to go.

Any help & advice appreciated to get this up & running in 1.2.7 Open Beta

Thanks

sounds like you installed it into your 1.2.6 DCS version that's a big no no, in the read me it states stand alone install.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

If you took the defaults when you installed it, then that part should be fine. Pasting in the data form v1.2.6 was a bad idea.

Do a repair from Start Menu>All Programs>Eagle Dynamics>DCS World OpenBeta>Repair DCS World OpenBeta. That should put it back the way it belongs, then see if the problem still exists.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Have tried copy & paste to 1.2.7 from 1.2.6 Huey ...

Thanks

Baz,

Reference: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1949145&postcount=1

The 1.2.7 OpenBeta announcement post stated "...you will use the Module Manager to install your modules".

Once you've corrected your 1.2.7 OpenBeta install, test it and get into the Module Manager. You should be able to install Huey from there. If it isn't there, it isn't a module that's a part of the 1.2.7 Openbeta test candidate - the same may not be said of Flaming Cliffs 3, though.

I don't always openly list my things. But when I do, I put it in my signature.

Same issue with the VA server mate,

Exact same ip showing in the interface box.

Cant seem to fix it :/

That said there is alot of servers missing tonight

Seems to be alot of the ones that use dedicated servers in data centrers, people from their Pc's at home seem to be ok

Pete

The same on STP-VIII. (1.2.6.20768)

network.cfg:

interface = "85.25.100.192",

If i start the server, interface is 176.31.233.120.

Tried repair, rename DCS-Folder in saved games.

it is since the masterserver-ip-change.

1.2.7 is also installed in a different folder.

STP-VIII is not in the serverlist, connect with ip do not work.

Can u tell us the value and the filename which we can edit for a hotfix?

Edited by Interceptor

DCS 1.2.7 Open Beta

Thanks for all the replies ,I have run repair on 1.2.7 & Module Manager shows;

World War 11 AI Units

SU-25T Frogfoot as 2 modules installed no Huey.

When I run 1.2.6 Module Manager it shows;

World War 11 AI Units

SU-25T Frogfoot

UH-1H Huey as 3 modules installed

Is the Huey only allowed to be installed in one version, in other words should I remove it from v1.2.6 & then install it in v1.2.7 ?

Sorry to appear a bit slow, must be this Seniors thing kicking in.

Appreciate the help

The same on STP-VIII. (1.2.6.20768)

network.cfg:

interface = "85.25.100.192",

If i start the server, interface is 176.31.233.120.

Tried repair, rename DCS-Folder in saved games.

it is since the masterserver-ip-change.

1.2.7 is also installed in a different folder.

STP-VIII is not in the serverlist, connect with ip do not work.

Can u tell us the value and the filename which we can edit for a hotfix?

I tried so many different options including hardcoding the damn ip into dcs.exe itself, dont ask lol

anyway it just corrected itself, I put it down to an IP assignment issue with the master server

Just keep trying

Pman

Thanks for all the replies ,I have run repair on 1.2.7 & Module Manager shows;

World War 11 AI Units

SU-25T Frogfoot as 2 modules installed no Huey.

When I run 1.2.6 Module Manager it shows;

World War 11 AI Units

SU-25T Frogfoot

UH-1H Huey as 3 modules installed

Is the Huey only allowed to be installed in one version, in other words should I remove it from v1.2.6 & then install it in v1.2.7 ?

Sorry to appear a bit slow, must be this Seniors thing kicking in.

Appreciate the help

If your 2 installs are on the same machine it is not necessary to deactivate modules to use in 2 seperate versions.

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It appears the UH-1H license is not linked to the account which you use to log on to the module manager.

You can manually install the UH-1H module by following these steps:

Press WindowsKey+R and copy/paste this text, and click OK.

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" install UH-1H

(you may need to adjust the file path depending on where 1.2.7 openbeta is installed)

• Like 1

I tried so many different options including hardcoding the damn ip into dcs.exe itself, dont ask lol

anyway it just corrected itself, I put it down to an IP assignment issue with the master server

Just keep trying

Pman

Now it works! fixed by itself.

For the Future, do not make something like that before X-Mas! :music_whistling:

Edited by Interceptor

It appears the UH-1H license is not linked to the account which you use to log on to the module manager.

You can manually install the UH-1H module by following these steps:

Press WindowsKey+R and copy/paste this text, and click OK.

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" install UH-1H

(you may need to adjust the file path depending on where 1.2.7 openbeta is installed)

Many thanks Aldega that did the trick, I have the Huey installed in 1.2.7, & now have to get it to recognise my joy stick & throttle, they show up in axis command , but are not operating when flying, something to keep me occupied with at the moment.

Using mod with beta version of DCS World

I recently installed the current beta version of DCS world and it works very well on my computer. I subsequently purchased the beta version of UH-iH Huey and I have learned that I can't use it with version 1.27 of DCS world. I received an error message indicating I have to use it with version 1.26. The problem is the version 1.26 of DCS World will not run on my computer. Can you please advise me further on this matter. Thank you.

Log Into Module Manager, it should prompt you to install new addons and list UH-1H with check box.

or

WinKey+R to Bring up Run menu.

Paste:

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" install UH-1H"

Press OK

Updater will download and install 1.2.7 UH-1H

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Patience my young Padawan :smilewink:

It's good to hear that the FPS and mouse click/hold issue is solved :thumbup: Is the new update availability still checked once a day only? EDIT: The answer is YES.

Edited by Suchacz