DCS 1.2.7 Open Beta - Now Available

Wags

I have an error message when installing module Mi-8 in DCS 1.2.7 OpenBeta.

"JSON error: lexical error: invalid char in json text..etc..."

I've tried the two methods (in dcs 1.2.7 and manual command)

Check this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118513

Try the manual command a couple of times and it should work eventually.

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" install MI-8MTV2

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instant action in HUEY PROBLEM

the 3 missions in instant action named easy gunery practice, hard gunery practice and the other gunery practice doen`t work for me in the beta 1.2.7

I start the missions, then start sound for overtorque and then exit to debriefing room,

Does anybody have the same problem?

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

I was taking a brief read through some of the reported bugs for 1.2.7 and had seen some threads had been [CLOSED] with the reason being that the bug was not a new bug. If this is the case why are these things not already fixed in 1.2.7?

I ask because I am concerned that this could mean that some some of the bugs present in 1.2.6 will carry over into the release version of 1.2.7 and I am hoping this is not the case.

Is there a list available where I can find all reported bugs in one place for 1.2.7 and their current status so that I can avoid a double post?

Thanks

Edited by jbrking

Su-27 Flanker 1995 Super EF2000 1997 Jane's F/A-18 1999

I believe they meant that they are aware of those bugs and no need to report again.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team
I was taking a brief read through some of the reported bugs for 1.2.7 and had seen some threads had been [CLOSED] with the reason being that the bug was not a new bug. If this is the case why are these things not already fixed in 1.2.7?

I ask because I am concerned that this could mean that some some of the bugs present in 1.2.6 will carry over into the release version of 1.2.7 and I am hoping this is not the case.

Is there a list available where I can find all reported bugs in one place for 1.2.7 and their current status so that I can avoid a double post?

Thanks

It means they are already reported, reported doesnt mean the fix will make it in to 1.2.7, it depends on the complexity of the fix and other factors.

As for avoiding a double post, your best bet right now is the forum search function.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I have a problem with the new engine smoke which is'nt there for me :/

I quickly tried it with Su-25T, SU-27 in the mission editor and both got no new engine effects.

My HDR is at normal refering to a past post other graphic settings are almost all to high.

EDIT: Okay it seems I fixed it but dunno how^^ I practiced with the graphic settings ending up at the same settings as before but now it's working... looks pretty cool good job!

Edited by Zabuza

A bit embarrassed about this question but here goes:

I had 1.2.7 beta installed on my old server computer- all it had was dcsw. I have since bought a new rig and the server transitioned out to a second gaming rig for the family. I'm having a heck of a time bringing modules through the hoop to 1.2.7... A10a in particular.

It is recognized in 126- but simply won't update to 127. A10c came around fine. I haven't tried CA yet because I got frustrated.

A10c and a10a are both stem purchases from awhile ago- but I downloaded all components from here... Just used the serial from steam.

Can someone set me straight on this?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

A bit embarrassed about this question but here goes:

I had 1.2.7 beta installed on my old server computer- all it had was dcsw. I have since bought a new rig and the server transitioned out to a second gaming rig for the family. I'm having a heck of a time bringing modules through the hoop to 1.2.7... A10a in particular.

It is recognized in 126- but simply won't update to 127. A10c came around fine. I haven't tried CA yet because I got frustrated.

A10c and a10a are both stem purchases from awhile ago- but I downloaded all components from here... Just used the serial from steam.

Can someone set me straight on this?

if you couldn't update the modules through module manager then try the direct down loads. All thought they are down ATM from what I read for maintenance and server restructure?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Open beta still downloadable?

Cannot download the open beta anymore. After the installation of the Open beta exe, when i start dcs world open beta, it starts the check update process, but i get an error saying that the servers cannot execute the request...

Sven

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Thanks for the reply.

Thought that was on the 14th?

I've done the direct download option and that does allow for me to get the 126 version up and running... but every time in the module manager 127 the modules don't even show up and just tells me to buy. I start it up, and it doesn't give me an option to enter my license or anything... no notification to update... and updating doesn't update.

"ENO"

Thanks for the reply.

Thought that was on the 14th?

It is the 14th (see top of page) and the e-shop and download servers appear to be working as of two minutes ago.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah- it wasn't that it wasn't working... it just wouldn't update me even though I'm activated on A10A on 126 with my alternate username...

Okay, well... I guess that suggests it isn't actually working- either that or I'm screwing up something.

Ugh.

"ENO"

Cannot download the open beta anymore. After the installation of the Open beta exe, when i start dcs world open beta, it starts the check update process, but i get an error saying that the servers cannot execute the request...

Sven

Im getting the same message

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try again several times. It should work eventually.

--> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118513

Nope, this is not the error it says.

Those who are sitll having 1.2.7 beta on their system. Keep it, don't uninstall and try to reinstall like i did... I guess the software distribution server is down...

Sven

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

The error message is different but the underlying problem is the same.

When you install the OpenBeta installer, all it does is install the autoupdater.

The autoupdater copies files from an existing "release" version of DCS already installed on your computer which are the same as the openbeta version, the new files are downloaded from the update servers.

There has been a problem with one of the update servers lately, causing problems with installation/repair/update for the openbeta.

If you retry the openbeta installation several times it will succeed because the autoupdater randomly chooses one of several update servers.

Any guess on the 1.2.7 coming out of beta? I'm dying to get it onto my machine official.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Any guess on the 1.2.7 coming out of beta? I'm dying to get it onto my machine official.

Since there has only been one update, I would be surprised to see it released anytime soon. Especially since this is supposed to be the release version for the Huey.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I've been in several beta's over the years and quite frankly I've never seen on that went soo long between updates. If the regular beta had similar delays along the way it could be part of the long standing issues over the last couple of years. More frequent small fixes that allow the developers to test possible fixes would seem more the norm.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

I've been in several beta's over the years and quite frankly I've never seen on that went soo long between updates. If the regular beta had similar delays along the way it could be part of the long standing issues over the last couple of years. More frequent small fixes that allow the developers to test possible fixes would seem more the norm.

Agree, I think this way of doing updates is a step back.

Agree, I think this way of doing updates is a step back.

Do you have any idea how long patches needed to be tested in closed beta testing to yield a testing depth that is even remotely comparable? If anything, open beta testing is speeding up the development process.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

If anything, open beta testing is speeding up the development process.

But it'll only speed things up if people participate in the stress test fly ins and help servers supply the data required to expedite fixes...

(hint hint)

:director: :glare:

"ENO"