New 1.2.7 beta

ebabil

I have just installed the beta patch. And this thing turned into a killing machine!!

with 2 door gunners and co pilot with miniguns, they killed more than 10 unarmed enemy vehicles less than 1 min! they started to fire as soon as i gave them clerance to fire.

but the bad thing is, if you select the side gunners to fire, it is almost impossible to aim. the view is very very weird, especially while try to turn the barrel left or right.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Not included with this patch, got sadly delayed last week. :(

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• ED Team

HUEY rocks with the AI copilot and door gunners working !

great job

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The settings for the AI gunners are under "Gunners AI Panel", which you can now access in game.

attachment.php?attachmentid=91705&d=1387404351

You can specify ROE (hold fire, return fire, free fire) and burst length (short, long), per individual AI.

Would be nice to have a way to set all AI at the same time though. CTRL+5?

Settings and remaining ammo can be viewed in the lower right corner of the "weapon hints panel", which can be hidden. (LWin+H)

attachment.php?attachmentid=91707&d=1387404569

Screen_131218_220627.thumb.jpg.1b6a082446b6b0cf9c37c3a7df03408c.jpg

Screen_131218_222322.thumb.jpg.a1fb431e8dafc331937c04676e468cf6.jpg

• ED Team

noticed the flares have been moved to the tail section

1479408_10152666174246091_50985191_n.jpg

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ctrl+2

Ctrl+3

Ctrl+4

There is a new special menu for AI. Just have a look there.

I understand how to set the ROE and AI burst fire but I mean how to personally slew the gun back and forth. I can switch to the station but I can't move the gun.

Does anyone know how to use the countermeasures? I can't get them to work

Does anyone know how to use the countermeasures? I can't get them to work

According to the new keyboard controls, LCtrl + C is Flare Dispense

There are also four new commands with no keys assigned that may, or may not, be related.

MAN/PGRM Mode

Ripple Fire

Ripple Fire Cover

SAFE/ARMED Switcher

EDIT: The above commands are in the 'Pedestal' section.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am lovin this patch:) Hip seems easier to land but that might be me getting better:music_whistling: only downside reinputting all controls and tweaking axis's

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You use your mouse to move and fire the door gunners

Figured it out thanks! You need to have the Head Movement Aiming box checked in the settings menu.

This is a great patch! I've been playing all day and the features are well implemented it seems. The load times seem a little quicker than they used to be in 1.2.6 which is a huge relief. Thanks Belsimtek!

I love the fix they did to the ETL transition prior to landing. I can actually fly a nice smooth approach now, without feeling like the helicopter gods are going to cut the string holding me up at any moment. I actually found it stable enough to do my first landing on the back of a frigate.

Hi,

Looks like the Training Missions that involve weapons need updating, .. as you only seem to have access to weapons on the Port Side.

Also, I see that the Collective and Throttle needles are still tied together.

Other than that, .. so far, .. I, as well as my door gunners are have a blast .. :)

Cheers

Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Also, I see that the Collective and Throttle needles are still tied together.

Are you talking about N1? N1 is where the fuel is burnt, thus driving N2 (Which is connected to the drive system). Imagine if you will a fan (N1) blowing into a windmill (N2). Resistance from the work load will slow N2; this means N1 has to blow harder, so the engine governor supplies more fuel to N1. This is why when you pull up on the collective the gas producer gauge increases. If you turn the governor off (using the EMER setting), you will not see this increase and your N2 speed (along with your rotor speed) will droop. :smartass:

Or are you talking about the rotor and engine (N2) RPM tachometers? They're more or less tied together because the engine is driving the rotor blades. The transmission has a clutch that more or less operates like a bicycle sprocket (In principle, not actual operation). When the engine is turning and the clutch is engaged the needles will line up, but when the engine stops the blades can turn freely without turning the engine. The engine needle should NEVER be faster than the blade RPM, this is the sign that you broke something and you are now autorotating (I have managed to do this by flying like a jackass, so it CAN happen).

Edited by b00ce

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Just loving the update to the Huey, It's honestly night and day difference for me thus far. BST, Has done an amazing job in my opinion.

A quick question, As I can't seem to find it in the settings, How do I toggle on and off the hud menu's for my door gunners Fire positions ammo etc?

That new AI control HUD is really all I want to have on. But can't find the setting for it? Thanks in advanced for the keybind! Or what to look for.

I seem to have a issue knowing which position they are set to.

After seeing what has been done with the AI for the crew I can't wait to see what's in store for the sling loads down the road!

• ED Team
Gunner Status panel is toggled with [LWIN + H]. The rest of the hints indicators are, I believe, [LCTRL + LSHIFT + H].

Thanks for the reply EvilBivol

I was trying to close the hints but keep the gunner status panel active, is it possible I could not get it to work that way ?