How can I increase my FPS with these setting?

Dudester22

Can someone please take a look at my settings and tell me how I can improve my FPS without turning VISIB RANGE down. I would also like to keep scenes on high if possible. Can anyone spot anywhere else where I could make an improvement or is there a tweak in one of the files or something? Thanks!

Ram 12 gig

Cpu i7 930 overclocked to 4.0 Ghz

Geforce 680 GTX

Motherboard Gigabyte X58a UDR3

Settings.thumb.jpg.84cb31f6bcb9d96602b44a98f7d745e7.jpg

Edited by Dudester22

I just did some monitoring and I am wondering why I get a FPS hit when my CPU and GPU are not at working at 100%? It's like I have more power but it's not been used? I'll give the tweaks a go but how come the FPS drop when my computer has more to spare? I am getting 27 - 32 FPS FPS ingame.

I also could do with the path to the file Mustang is talking about as I cannot find it anywhere. Thanks!

This2.thumb.jpg.7b8e7817461c3f74b8d15f844f949b05.jpg

Edited by Dudester22

I now have 30 -35 FPS, but I am wanting the 60FPS mark more like. With that in mind can anyone someone tell me what I need to get to achieve this. A new Graphics card to run in SLI maybe? A new CPU? Or is it just impossible to achieve the 60FPS mark with the VISIB & Scenes high? My specs below.

Ram 12 gig

Geforce 680 GTX

Edited by Dudester22
  • Like 1

Your Mother boards overclock settings have a negative impact on this sim. adding another Video Card will not help, this program is not optimized for SLi or Crossfire.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I now have 30 -35 FPS, but I am after more like 60FPS. With that in mind can someone tell me what I will need to get to achieve this. new Graphics card to run in SLI a new CPU, or is it impossible to achieve 60FPS on this Sim with the VISIB & Scenes high? My specs below.

Ram 12 gig

Geforce 680 GTX

You're running almost my exact configuration- even RAM and Mobo. I'm running a different processor but it's no benefit since DCS only runs on 2 cores anyway. My clock is slightly faster. (4.123)

Your frames are alarmingly low... I have my max fps set to 60 and with only a few exceptions near airfields around Kutaisi / Senaki I coast along at 55-60 all day long. I have not adjusted anything graphics related (in terms of adjustments like what Mustang posted- however I think I'll do that anyway).

Do you have any wild and whacky custom settings on your Nvidia control panel? For a start I would maybe save a profile and restore to defaults. I run max resolution, no HDR (for now), and not in windowed mode. I don't run the TSAA since I'm running MSAA (was under the impression not to run both).

I'm no graphics guy- so I certainly can't make any performance suggestions other than to tell you that even out of the box, your frames should EASILY be around 60- which is what you're looking for.

Which Nvidia driver are you running?

Edit: Looked at your screenshot- and your setup is almost exactly the same as mine. I turned off heat blur and I also don't have mirrors turned on (their apparently on / off in 1.2.7 which is a nice touch).

Also, if you're running 1.2.7 you're aware of the whole mouse click thing I assume?

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Also Try Setting CPU Affinity to Cores other than 1 and 2, (so 3 and 4), that way windows doesnt bounce around the Process from core to core.

Heatblur shouldnt cut FPS in Half, MIRRORs on the other hand are considered another Viewport, so they will literally cut your FPS in half, so from 60 FPS to 30-45FPS, depending on how many mirrors and your Screen Res/MSAA.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Noticed in 1.2.7 the graphics.lua structures setting is 30, 2000.

Also it is not at line 147 for me but line 130 in 1.2.6 and line 111 in 1.2.7beta

Are you guys trying this in 1.2.7?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

if so, You should not be modifying the beta, testing needs to be done with the stock settings first.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

OMG Good that I didn't ordered new machine. Do you use single screen? Which resolution?

Yes single screen and res is 1920x1080. Now I have turned off HDR and HEAT BLUR which gives me around 30 - 47 FPS around AI and a solid 60FPS when I am away from the AI in the campaign. I would at-least like a limit of around 42 FPS around AI as with anything less I tend to get stutter with Trackir.

Also Try Setting CPU Affinity to Cores other than 1 and 2, (so 3 and 4), that way windows doesnt bounce around the Process from core to core.

Heatblur shouldnt cut FPS in Half, MIRRORs on the other hand are considered another Viewport, so they will literally cut your FPS in half, so from 60 FPS to 30-45FPS, depending on how many mirrors and your Screen Res/MSAA.

How do you set CPU Affinity to Cores other than 1 and 2?

All affinity Cores are ticked from 0 to 3. Should I maybe set the processes priority to high instead of normal for DCS? My thinking behind this is to limit Cpu for Trackir. What do you think?

Edited by Dudester22