DCS World User Mods "WHAT IF" SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO THREAD!!!!

NRG-Vampire

Self-illuminated textures to mimic illumination instead of light sources. None of the current aircraft use this method anymore AFAIK, it's an older method.

Ok, thanks. I got it but i don't think it was an older method because it's FPS friendly. Omni and projected light are not.

Textures of walls of Nevada hangars and buildings use it too to simulate lighted surfaces by theoretic wall-lamp-bodies.

May the THRUST be with you

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you could say using actual light sources is easier instead of baking in artificial lights into textures, especially in regards to cockpits. True, baked lighting is still used for buildings and structures, that makes the most sense there.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Pretty much every Russian aircraft does lol. Would like to know if this is just a mod or if there is some serious work behind this though.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Pretty much every Russian aircraft does lol. Would like to know if this is just a mod or if there is some serious work behind this though.

For clarity - this is just a mod.

There is no ground radar, two players or anything else...

Su-25T avionics and capabilities only.

So - this is just "WHAT IF" mod.

• Like 1

su-24.gif

For clarity - this is just a mod.

There is no ground radar, two players or anything else...

Su-25T avionics and capabilities only.

So - this is just "WHAT IF" mod.

Even so it looks absolutely fantastic, do you plan on releasing it? I know the community would love it still :D

It seems like a lot of the technology is similar anyway so having it use Su-25t avionics and systems seems like the best way to do it.

The model looks great, but I'm curious what kind of cockpit you're using. I assume it's an FC3 pit but how does it look inside of the model?

Custom cockpit :p. The interior is mostly modeled it was all unwrapped but i had to redo some minor stuff. I can send a screenshot later.

Take note, all the issues in this have been fixed. Most notably the FM and the cockpit position so it looks like its in the actual jet now and not at the center of mass. oh and i fixed trackIR now so i don't have to use the numpad haha.

Edit - Cockpit and other fun stuff i just took :P

http://imgur.com/a/2EvOW

Edited by daza7
  • Like 2

Absolutely gorgeous! Always loved this plane! Nice work:thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

610e4ba44052543a187d696d1a36b854.jpg

a55acd3554bc68825af111a5bb2c2373.jpg

2234e74c3273475c8e2db8a25b847ccb.jpg

Edited by Blaze
  • Like 1

About 7 years on and off.

Custom cockpit :p. The interior is mostly modeled it was all unwrapped but i had to redo some minor stuff. I can send a screenshot later.

Take note, all the issues in this have been fixed. Most notably the FM and the cockpit position so it looks like its in the actual jet now and not at the center of mass. oh and i fixed trackIR now so i don't have to use the numpad haha.

Edit - Cockpit and other fun stuff i just took :P

http://imgur.com/a/2EvOW

Looks great! Is it getting closeish to completion? :P Also do you still plan to throw a link up when it's done?

Looks great! Is it getting closeish to completion? :P Also do you still plan to throw a link up when it's done?

Yea if i ever finish it to a point im happy with giving it away then I'll chuck a DL link up. There is a few already out there from 0.01-0.06 i think. Mostly on the Discord i moderator for (I use them as tester guinea pigs) As for how close the 3D model is %70 imo. Just needs to be polished. The interior cockpit needs to be fully animated so far only the gear handle and canopy works. RIO pit is modeled just not textured (You can snapview into the back seat which i find fun) As for dates im a busy person med school and a job over the summer so i dont havetoo much time so i think it would be rude to even give a date haha.