DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

2008 DCS:F-16 dev pics.:(

Its better to kill myseft guys, If i need to wait another 11 years to see F-16 in DCS......

I bit melodramatic, you could always join an Air Force and fly one. There are over 20 to choose from.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I cant, because im too fkin old. Im 34...:lol:

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

2008 DCS:F-16 dev pics.:(

Its better to kill myseft guys, If i need to wait another 11 years to see F-16 in DCS......

You will see something by the end of this year.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I hope so, that will be great. Is there any information of planed weapons and sensors for DCS:F-16CJ?

yes...

"Specifically, we will be offering the F-16CJ Block 50 variant that includes the HARM anti-radar missile and HARM Target System (HTS) pod, laser- and GPS-guided munitions, advanced air-to-air systems like the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS) and AIM-9X and AIM-120 air-to-air missiles, data link systems, Sniper targeting pod, AN/APG-68 radar, and other systems."

From the Jan 4 newsletter

yes...

"Specifically, we will be offering the F-16CJ Block 50 variant that includes the HARM anti-radar missile and HARM Target System (HTS) pod, laser- and GPS-guided munitions, advanced air-to-air systems like the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS) and AIM-9X and AIM-120 air-to-air missiles, data link systems, Sniper targeting pod, AN/APG-68 radar, and other systems."

It's going to be easier for them once F16 rolls out since some of the stuff can be somewhat ported from F18. Granted not 1 to 1 port, but at least things like AIM120, aim 9x, apg-68, harm and all will already have been coded

Do you guys know if the block 50 features AUTO GCAS ?

Auto Gcas is fairly new. If they do they would be modeling the F-16 circa 2014. All other modules we have are not that new.

You mean TFR?

No he means this

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3757112&postcount=1141

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

And what is AUTO GCAS?

Please see the link I just provided on the post prior to yours.

To whom it may concern,

yes...

if thats the case of getting JHMCS and 9x, datalink as well as integration of SNIPer TGP wouldn't this make it a F16CM block50 (Post ccip upgrade designation), not F16CJ? since those are features that would be been arriving during or after said CCIP implementation no?

Besides i personally would really want a viper with those multicolour MFD's, and digital HSI.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

F-16C in DCS

Guys,

watching WAG´s latetst video, I saw a F-16C (WIP) in his module manager on the bottom of the screen. What can anybody tell me concerning this? Are we getting a Falcon soon in DCS?

Rgds

Stefan

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

two more weeks :D

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Guys,

watching WAG´s latetst video, I saw a F-16C (WIP) in his module manager on the bottom of the screen. What can anybody tell me concerning this? Are we getting a Falcon soon in DCS?

Rgds

Stefan

Probably during the last months you must be sleeping in a dark cave.... :)

F16 was first announced about 1 year ago...then during the next year video released in December..was showed a 3d model of it.

There is a big thread about it on this forum.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Well, I was focussed on the Hornet and now the Tomcat, didn´t really see any news around a F-16... Let´s call this a dark cave. ;-)

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

if thats the case of getting JHMCS and 9x, datalink as well as integration of SNIPer TGP wouldn't this make it a F16CM block50 (Post ccip upgrade designation), not F16CJ? since those are features that would be been arriving during or after said CCIP implementation no?

Yes.... and no. :-)

Post-CCIP, aircraft are covered by the CM-series of technical orders, but most F-16s are still officially designated as -CD/-CJ by the USAF despite the CCIP program being (I think) complete. To a layman it's very confusing...

p.s. I'll take a 22FS F-16CJ circa 1998 please ED. in case you're asking.... plus a 157FS "Swamp Rats" Have Glass livery 'cos it's cool.

Besides i personally would really want a viper with those multicolour MFD's, and digital HSI.

I'll raise you those, plus the RNoAF F-16-AM's integral ECM and AGM-119 Penguin missile. Ain't gonna happen though so USAF Block 50 circa 2000 will do just fine. :)

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

I'll raise you those, plus the RNoAF F-16-AM's integral ECM and AGM-119 Penguin missile. Ain't gonna happen though so USAF Block 50 circa 2000 will do just fine. :)

Hmm, I need to check if our Vipers have actually gotten integral ECMs in the later MLU-tapes. They didn't have it when I worked on them back in 2000, but I've seen that some of the birds have gotten the new wings with the beercans on them.

And the Penguin-missile? Yeah, no, those things weren't very effective in operation, speaking about the Mk3 which could be fired from the Viper. They were mostly phased out by the time I went onto the flightline, although we did load a captive one during training and once during checkout, just since it was on the official roster. The only thing they properly tracked was the sun and/or water, and had a very nasty habit of either maddogging into the wild blue yonder or go tits-up into the water after launch.

The Mk2 Mod 6, fired from the missile/torpedo-boats were quite deadly, however, but those were taken out of service in 2008 with the Hauk (Hawk) class of MTB's and replaced with the NSM on the Skjold (Shield) class missileboats.

Now, if we could get the NSM, though....That would be fun. Fat chance since most of the performance-data is classified.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Hmm, I need to check if our Vipers have actually gotten integral ECMs in the later MLU-tapes. They didn't have it when I worked on them back in 2000 [...]

I was under the impression that all RoNAF -MLU aircraft had internal AN/ALQ-162 jammers, BAF aircraft used the indigenous CARAPCACE system, and RDAF F-16s utilised PIDS/AN/ALQ-10. RNlAF and PoAF -MLU otoh equip the AN/ALQ131 pod on sta4. Admittedly my experience is with a sim that predates your service though, so I'm happy to be corrected. :-)

And the Penguin-missile? Yeah, no, those things weren't very effective in operation, speaking about the Mk3 which could be fired from the Viper.

There goes my ASM option then, as we won't (shouldn't) get the Harpoon.

The only thing they properly tracked was the sun and/or water, and had a very nasty habit of either maddogging into the wild blue yonder or go tits-up into the water after launch.

Okay, enough reality.... let me remember them slamming unerringly into the Kuznetsov please! :-D

Now, if we could get the NSM, though....That would be fun. Fat chance since most of the performance-data is classified.

Heck yes it would. but too sensitive for inclusion unfortunately.

In all seriousness, I'll die happy if I get to fly any F-16C in DCS. You never forget your first true love.

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb