DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

Slug72 said:
Yes.... and no. 🙂

Post-CCIP, aircraft are covered by the CM-series of technical orders, but most F-16s are still officially designated as -CD/-CJ by the USAF despite the CCIP program being (I think) complete. To a layman it's very confusing...

p.s. I'll take a 22FS F-16CJ circa 1998 please ED. in case you're asking.... plus a 157FS "Swamp Rats" Have Glass livery 'cos it's cool.

I'll raise you those, plus the RNoAF F-16-AM's integral ECM and AGM-119 Penguin missile. Ain't gonna happen though so USAF Block 50 circa 2000 will do just fine. 🙂

I tried to explain this here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3745350&postcount=164

To add, CM it would be found on Technical Orders (T.O.) Specifically affected after CCIP program (i.e. 1F-16CM-34-1-1, 1F-16CM-1, etc.) For other T.O. is would still be CJ (block 50/52) or CG (block 40/42). CM does not specify a block or capabilities and it is still officially F-16C but it becoming common practice to refer to those F-16 after CCIP upgrade as CM.

So when you look at the cover page of a 1F-16CM-34-1-1, it refers to the aircraft as a F-16C/D because that is the official designation.

For those that are interested, Air Force Instruction (AFI) 11-2F-16V3 is available online in E-publishing.af.mil. It has no publishing restrictions and has a lot of information regarding F-16 operations.

For example, it has been brought up before that the HUD in a F-16 is not a primary flight instrument.

4.1.General.

4.1.1.Head-Up Display (HUD) Use. Regardless of Block, pilots will use the ADI as the primary reference to recover from an unusual attitude or while executing lost wingman procedures. (T-1). The HUD should be used as a crosscheck in these situations. The HUD in F-16 Block 25/30/32 aircraft and Block 40/42/50/52 aircraft has been certified as a primary flight instrument and may be used as a primary flight reference in night/IMC conditions. The HUD in all other F-16 Blocks may be used as an additional instrument reference only. No F-16 Block may use the HUD as the sole reference in night/IMC conditions.

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

tomcat and viper:joystick::worthy:

Exciting times, eh? With the Viper available when the time comes, I can die a happy man. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

watching WAG´s latetst video, I saw a F-16C (WIP) in his module manager on the bottom of the screen. What can anybody tell me concerning this? Are we getting a Falcon soon in DCS?

Yep, F-16 is coming soon!

...you know, "soon" in DCS terms. Maybe 1-2 years if we're lucky, 3-5 if we're realistic. Remember kids, the F/A-18C is still in early release, and doesn't even have a targeting pod yet, never mind the fancy stuff like A2G radar :)

In a nutshell, ED will release a barebones, early-release F-16 (many years of their work) if and when they feel like it, not when *we* are itching and scratching to pay them 50 bucks for it :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Yep, F-16 is coming soon!

...you know, "soon" in DCS terms. Maybe 1-2 years if we're lucky, 3-5 if we're realistic. Remember kids, the F/A-18C is still in early release, and doesn't even have a targeting pod yet, never mind the fancy stuff like A2G radar :)

In a nutshell, ED will release a barebones, early-release F-16 (many years of their work) if and when they feel like it, not when *we* are itching and scratching to pay them 50 bucks for it :)

AD

wags himself said 2019, and said in what would seem to be a confident tone.

Granted its only 2nd month into 2019 and there are 12 months.... ( maybe itl be December) but we can expect it within the 2019 time frame.

9zmI4sy.jpg

AS it was explained to me by weta ( ED campaign tester) why the Viper is coming so soon when Hornet isnt finished yet out of EA.

Much of the current system development for the F/A-18C is creating a prototype implementation of those systems in DCS.

Once the prototype system has been created, further implementations are easier and quicker to develop.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

kissclipart-happy-homer-simpson-clipart-homer-simpson-marge-si-5b04f09cc6d72f96.jpg

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• ED Team
wags himself said 2019, and said in what would seem to be a confident tone.

Granted its only 2nd month into 2019 and there are 12 months.... ( maybe itl be December) but we can expect it within the 2019 time frame.

9zmI4sy.jpg

AS it was explained to me by weta ( ED campaign tester) why the Viper is coming so soon when Hornet isnt finished yet out of EA.

No, that was not me, it was a community manager. His comment was premature. Once it is further along, we'll provide an offical estimate then.

Thanks

I know it's not as simple as plug and play, but it does seem to be very possible for early access 2019 considering that a TREMENDOUS amount of work for a lot of the technologies are developed or very far along in development from the F-18 module. Is it safe to say these technologies should carry over to the F-16 allowing a good possibility?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2019-02-15_Beta/

Well i think that covers a lot of it, im really looking forward to this one

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

I know it's not as simple as plug and play, but it does seem to be very possible for early access 2019 considering that a TREMENDOUS amount of work for a lot of the technologies are developed or very far along in development from the F-18 module. Is it safe to say these technologies should carry over to the F-16 allowing a good possibility?

They already stated that they were developing technologies for the Hornet in such a way they can be "transferred" to other modules, including the Viper. Yes there will be work to make the code originally developed for the Hornet to translate to an authentic experience for another airframe.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• ED Team

Once the pre-order is available, we will announce the offical early access release then. Far too early now and we will not repeat past good faith estimates.

Thanks

Once the pre-order is available, we will announce the offical early access release then. Far too early now and we will not repeat past good faith estimates.

Thanks

Wags will we see Litening on F-16 like how we will get it earlier for F/A-18C? Though I'm not informed if this spesific block ever carried one.

We are getting the sniper pod, even better.

To whom it may concern,

we will not repeat past good faith estimates.

Being part of selling highly anticipated controllers for our beloved flightsm hobby, I understand that sentiment all too well.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Far too early now and we will not repeat past good faith estimates

Considering the history of the reaction from missed estimates I don't blame you for staying away from dates. There is too much to enjoy currently to think about this anyway. I will be ready to purchase when the announcement some for pre-purchase. Thanks for the great update Wags!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Thanks

Thank you for the new newsletter info dump, including the news of including the CCIP upgrade. Super stoked about this.

Also very happy to hear no release dates for now. But equally happy that there will be an EA period that starts with the basics, like you did with the Hornet. Lately so much discussion on this approach that I feared you wouldn't follow suit, but I for one have loved having the Hornet to play with and learn while systems have been integrated. Much appreciated.

Also appreciated you correcting the "end of year" quote there. Unfortunate that's out there in the ether now, but at least you're on record that that was an oops and is not representative. People gotta pull the brake on this hype train. Got a long road ahead.

This module is going to be VERY hard for me to not over-hype for. This is only a personal preference, not speaking for what should be, but I'd avoid over-hyping the community too soon. Best thing is to keep plugging away in public on the Hornet to show that it's a module that will be finished to silence the naysayers, while quietly getting the F-16 closer and closer to release in the background. No barrages of updates, just more Hornet goodness. Then, as release gets closer, BAM, huge news, F-16 coming out on X date.

A good ACMI pod with collaboration with TACVIEW inside DCS MENU GUI for Red Flag will be super For RED FLAG

and CCMD colour multifunction display with map like A-10

Aslo a complete TFR and PCGAS avoidance if can happen

The dream just started lets help all to get it quicker and more realistic .

Edited by Geraki