DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

In my view, openBeta is the updated "stable". So I prefer to stay at openBeta.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eldur, I have been watching your signature graphics ever since. Sorry for being So direct. I have to know what is it all About but more important

WHATS YOUR DEALER NUMBER? :D

I wanna feel it like you do. Please answer before one of our busy Moderator delete this message.

Hope you understand,

Pedro over. :pilotfly:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

• ED Team

Hi all

Please keep the discussion on the patch notes.

We are planning an update for next week the 4th when we know for sure we will let everyone know.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

We are planning an update for next week the 4th when we know for sure we will let everyone know.

thanks

Thanks for the hard work. Looking forward to exciting 2020

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

Hi all

thanks

Any info on what is being worked on for the next update? Is it focused on fixing things that have gotten bugged or broken, or is there intent to get new things added as well?

I wouldn't be to keen on a Viper update just yet. I don't think we will see much of a Viper update until the Dogfight HUD is finished. Also most of the other Viper weapon's requires the WPN screen on the MFD to be completed so far I haven't heard anything about that so no Mav's, HARM's, JSOW's, or any bomb timing changes until that is done. HARM's also require the HTP which again no word on that yet either. Viper has a long way to go yet for sure but it's still a fun plane. I would expect more fixes on the 4th than features. Maybe new cloud system or something.

So should we be holding out until the 4th? Like many, the previous edition broke the game for me. I'm trying to figure out if I should start rolling back the game version (not sure how to yet as I am still relatively new here) or I should wait for update.

In otherwords, I don't know whether I should really count on the March 4 patch to address the fps issues or not.

Personally, as someone who owns almost all the modules, all I want from this update is the fps to return to normal. : ) I would EASILY trade the F-16 being FULLY completed for the ability to play DCS again lol.

I really love where DCS is going, I just hope I will be able to experience it

Edited by Fang333333

Rolling back to 2.5 is very easy. Just scroll through the post until you find "updating or reverting to previous version". I did it almost immediately after installing the 2.6 update. There will be posts keeping everyone up to date on the progress of 2.6. I don't know why you would lose your F-16 if you reverted to the most recent open beta 2.5? I reverted back to

OB 2.5.5.41962

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Edited by rwbishUP
spelling, link

I would EASILY trade the F-16 being FULLY completed for the ability to play DCS again lol.

Since my 3570k, 32GB, 1080, SATA3 SSD rig is absolutely low end, I can just concur. DCS does run in the most recent version, but it was a lot better before 256. Having the thing running well is more important than any new feature.

I could roll back easily, but sitting in the 3rd world, I just don't wanna spend ages to patch down and up again with those terrain changes. It took me almost a whole day to get on 256 alone. And I don't do other things with my rig while something is updating, simply because I don't (may crash and bad things happen then).

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Since my 3570k
You've got the processor I had before my current CPU. For 2012, it was a VERY nice CPU. Now unfortunately, even if you've overclocked it like I did, you've got an old CPU that is much slower in the single core clock speed stakes than mine. And I'm starting to think about upgrading mine as I've had it a while (the cost benefit isn't quite there yet though I think for me).

PC specs:

I run it at 4.4 already. That helped quite a lot in DCS. But I guess the whole infrastructure is something to be replaced. Still sporting DDR3 RAM, can't put an m.2 SSD in etc. And the board definately has it's quirks, some are very nasty. Doesn't have proper USB3 speeds, my CV1 is tagged as USB2 on every USB3 port I have, some drives get their speed, others don't, sometimes things randomly disconnect and reconnect literally at the same second and worst of all, the GA-Z77 boards in the early revs (which sucks since I got a rev 1.0 when 1.2 were already available) like to randomly reboot every other month or so, without any predication. Just shuts off and reboots, and it's a known hardware bug. I really wanna get rid of that ASAP, but money... icon_sad.gif

But I think I might be able to take the step within this year, finally fsgrin.png

And when the next update brings back the performance lost in the last few builds, I'm OK with my rig anyway since I can fly with 45fps in the CV1 mostly.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Hello BigNewy and ED crew. How is the open beta patch looking for Wednesday? Is there anything news worthy to report? Hope they are getting supplied with plenty of coffee and biscuits while they beaver away!

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Supercarrier || NS430

• ED Team

Hi all

We are planning for the patch today, however it will depend on final checks.

When we know for sure we will post the patch notes.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

Thanks for the swift response. Fingers crossed, but it will be what it will be.

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Supercarrier || NS430

Hi all

Thanks for the quick update, I hope that performance of today´s patch returns at least at same 2.5.5 levels, especially with preloading terrain stuttering (not present in 2.5.5. In 2.5.6, its very noticeable on MFD maverick or TGP weapons usage, specially in caucasus when pointing those sensors at the horizon).

Hi all

Thank You!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Hi all

When you have ED forums open in your second monitor and press refresh every ten minutes.

#JustWednesdayThings

Hi all

Yesss, roll out the supercarrier! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

No pressure ED, but I am definitely going to judge you on this patch more than any other in the last 10 years. I'll know exactly, from the broad array of new issues that I have come to know intimately, what you think is important and our differences will be written in stone after all the apologies, acknowledgements, commitments to look at MP, reddit posts and forum noise.

It matters not, whether this patch is an iteration that is fully inclusive or partially hitting the marks, or whether this is Open Beta or not, I will know every line of code you touched from the last version and what you've attempted. I will check off what you have changed against what was newly broken and know for sure, everything you thought was the most important on that list and that will absolutely show your skills at listening, understanding and executing. For what it's worth, i'm easily pleased, very patient and know the product intimately, right down to the open code level. I only desire the old working things back as they were, as soon as possible. It's not an outrageous request. Happy if you defer the release another week also.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• ED Team
No pressure ED, but I am definitely going to judge you on this patch more than any other in the last 10 years. I'll know exactly, from the broad array of new issues that I have come to know intimately, what you think is important and our differences will be written in stone after all the apologies, acknowledgements, commitments to look at MP, reddit posts and forum noise.

It matters not, whether this patch is an iteration that is fully inclusive or partially hitting the marks, or whether this is Open Beta or not, I will know every line of code you touched from the last version and what you've attempted. I will check off what you have changed against what was newly broken and know for sure, everything you thought was the most important on that list and that will absolutely show your skills at listening, understanding and executing. For what it's worth, i'm easily pleased, very patient and know the product intimately, right down to the open code level. I only desire the old working things back as they were, as soon as possible. It's not an outrageous request. Happy if you defer the release another week also.

Just to help manage your expectations, we are dealing with some complex issues, especially with MP. We will see some fixes and work on memory leaks with the carrier, but more work is needed in future patches with 2.5.6.

We will of course post the patch notes as soon as we are ready later today if all goes to plan.

thanks

Just to help manage your expectations, we are dealing with some complex issues, especially with MP. We will see some fixes and work on memory leaks with the carrier, but more work is needed in future patches with 2.5.6.

We will of course post the patch notes as soon as we are ready later today if all goes to plan.

thanks

Don't rush it, take your time.