AI harriers do not take off

tflash

Maybe already signaled, but when I place a group of Harriers in the Mission Editor to take off from Runway, they are stuck on the runway. The first harrier starts, then moves its exhaust pipes in the vertical position and the flaps full down and of course the jet cannot take off this way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I reckoned it was the payload preventing them to take-off, but why do they want to take-off vertically? That is mostly not done, certainly not as you are sitting on an empty runway. Is there a possibility in the ME to indicate the Harrier should take off in Short Take off rather than vertical?

Edited by tflash
Wrong phrasing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Just a reminder that things like this that seem small also take time

The issue here is the weight of the aircraft dictates the type of takeoff ( vertical or conventional ) this is of course the first aircraft in DCS to need this feature and requires new code.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but any word on this? I'm having this issue as of today (21 July 2018)

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

• 2 weeks later...

They will takeoff from runway now. I’m thinking this is a sign ED is fixing the AI takeoff issue. Load’em up and bring the hurt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• 2 weeks later...
Built a mission yesterday with an AI wing-man starting with me on the ramp. We taxied to the runway. I took off, my AI wing-man did not.

Frankly, I'm surprised this still is not fixed.

This really needs to be fixed, it is really hampering to mission makers when your wingman can only carry a token load, one maybe two Mk82's with 60% fuel. As a short term fix they could set the harrier to a conventional take off by default, the AI Harriers always want to take off vertically and this is the issue

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

This really needs to be fixed, it is really hampering to mission makers when your wingman can only carry a token load, one maybe two Mk82's with 60% fuel.

I'll be even more blunt; I would say it makes the Harrier unplayable in single player right now. What is the point using this module in single player?

There's a bit of cheat that I use. Start off from the Ground on a flat-ish spot of land on a road (feel free to add FARP stuff to make it look better). Point your first Waypoint down the length of the road you're taking off from. Now for your Wingman, add an advanced waypoint action of setting the formation. Set the formation to something close (can't remember right now...I'm at work)...I think I used Right Echelon. I can check later.

When the mission starts your Wingman should try and taxi into formation and will sit there until you take off. When you take off, he will follow you. Please note: You may have to delete some trees so he doesn't collide into them. This will take some trial and error, but eventually I got it to work. You still can't run at 100% fuel since this is a STO scenario, but it's better than nothing.

This is surprising. It worked for me. Must be back to “normal” again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Are you using a ramp start with your aircraft or are you and your AI wing-man starting from the runway?

I was using ramp start on shore. Hmmm, it seems to be back to abnormal again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 3 weeks later...