MH370 Theories

GC1993

Well, I'm not a huge fan of wild theories, but why not.

Maybe it was suicide of a pilot. Or maybe it was something like the Air France 447 accident. Also that airplane had some taxi accident in the past, perhaps the repaired part of the wing had some unnoticed problems and broke off? They went into a spin and crashed, and weren't able to send a mayday.

(which of course doesn't tell us why they flew in a completely wronf direction for hours. IF that part of information is correct.)

Then there are the stranger things we have seen or heard, see below:

Notice: Both Occam's and Hanlon's Razors apply.

For me it seems that either the radar operators and/or ATC in that areas weren't very diligent or were holding information back (for one reason or the other).

Also the information about the supposedly working signals from the plane for hours after loss of contact is sparse. WTF happened there?

And then why does the Malaysian police show badly montaged pictures of one of the two persons who apparently had fake passports? I'm not sure if I should just think they are incompetent or something else. Both possibilities are bad.

Then there are the conspiracies (don't want to go too much into detail):

- Someone (accidentally or not ) shot it down (insert your favorite enemy and his reasons here)

- Plane had enough fuel to fly to Diego Garcia, the USA did it and are hiding it!!!! (insert more exclamation marks here). Combine with the next one for more effect.

- the plane was taken somewhere and landed to have a plane to use for suicide attacks

- the Iranians did it. Bombs on a plane. Perhaps snakes as well. Combine with the one above, that's what some Israeli newspapers apparently believe.

Well, whatever happened, we know that under certain conditions a crashed airplane can be hard to find. It took years to find some of those in the past.

I'm pretty sure it crashed. A 777 is not exactly small, so it can't land somewhere safely and unnoticed. Except you believe in some omnipotent superpower-conspiracy thing, see Diego Garcia theory above.

If they ever find the voice recorder perhaps we will know more. The search area is huge. If there were floating debris parts they can have disappeared by now.

• Like 1

The theory of it going down from the damaged wing is interesting, but the most disturbing thing is how it was apparently purposely taken well above its service ceiling - why do that if not for foul play by the pilot?

Also scary how some of the relatives of the passengers report that when they dial the phones of the passengers....they still ring. If it had crashed, whether over the ocean or land, the passenger's mobiles would be destroyed either way so how are they being connected through to?

I await the next major finding with great anticipation because this is all very, very weird.

Also scary how some of the relatives of the passengers report that when they dial the phones of the passengers....they still ring.

... Nothing scary about that, it's just the phone company sending a fake "ring" while the international call connects. Otherwise folks would hear silence and hang up before the connection could be made. Of course, the passengers' phones never connect, sadly.

An article that mentions why:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/03/11/malaysia-airlines-370-passengers-cell-phones/6285325/

The plane was stolen by the pilot and was flown to a remote island airfield and is currently in a hangar. As we speak they are fitting internal fuel tanks so that the range can be doubled from the existing range of approximately 5000 miles to around 10,000. Once that is complete they will install a transponder stolen from an existing plane that is not currently in use but of a similar type of plane. (That way they can squawk and not raise any flags, allowing them to reach the US pretty well unhindered.) A nuke from North Korea will be loaded onto this plane and it will then be flown to the US and blown up over a US city... Probably DC or NY but it will probably be discovered before it reaches it's destination but since it is a nuke it will still cause massive damage. Sadly, the only way this plan can work is if everyone on the plane is killed upon reaching the island, so that would have already happened..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

I guess that's what the search for Oceanic 815 must have looked like... :music_whistling:

Coming back on topic, the question I've heard the most often regarding MH-370 and which I can't answer: How could a modern aircraft like a 777 simply disappear? If it crashed, I get it.

But if someone tried to cut off all radio and nav comms as well as the radar transponder - is that even possible from within the aircraft? Are there a couple of CB's that a pilot/hijacker/terrorist could simply pull out so that the aircraft goes silent on all comms channels?

What about radar? I guess in heavily controlled airspace like North America and large parts of Europe, it would be next to impossible for an aircraft to disappear. Does anyone know how radar coverage looks like in the region where the aircraft disappeared? AFAIK, civilian radar doesn't usually display the radar return itself, but rather only objects that identify themselves via transponder (Wikipedia: Primary Radar/Secondary Radar). But I guess the Malaysian Armed Forces are as eager as any Armed Force to know exactly what enters (and leaves) their controlled airspace, so shouldn't they have some very solid records that show exactly where the aircraft went as it disappeared from Secondary Radar?

In any case, until we know for sure that it crashed, I'm still hoping for a miracle.

"...If they ever find the voice recorder perhaps we will know more"

Might not help its only a 2Hr duration continuous loop system so after 2 hrs it just overwrites the original recording. If this aeroplane did actually fly on for 5-7hrs then the really interesting stuff that occurred just off the North Eastern coast of Malaysia will have been overwritten.

The plane was stolen by the pilot and was flown to a remote island airfield and is currently in a hangar. As we speak they are fitting internal fuel tanks so that the range can be doubled from the existing range of approximately 5000 miles to around 10,000. Once that is complete they will install a transponder stolen from an existing plane that is not currently in use but of a similar type of plane. (That way they can squawk and not raise any flags, allowing them to reach the US pretty well unhindered.) A nuke from North Korea will be loaded onto this plane and it will then be flown to the US and blown up over a US city... Probably DC or NY but it will probably be discovered before it reaches it's destination but since it is a nuke it will still cause massive damage. Sadly, the only way this plan can work is if everyone on the plane is killed upon reaching the island, so that would have already happened..

MY GOD

THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN STOP THIS IS

well, all of us.

Isn't it scary 90% of us know how to steal an A-10 Effectively?

We can really stop this entire thing right now.

Whos with me

I better see some hands.

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

MY GOD

well, all of us.

Whos with me

I better see some hands.

lawl. Those babies cruise at 0.8 mach :prop: he he slowpoke A-10's

DCSW wishlist : multi-crew :D

GTX480, i52400, 8GB, Samsung EVO 840 250G SSD, Raid 0 2TB =~45 FPS [Maxed]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

lawl. Those babies cruise at 0.8 mach :prop: he he slowpoke A-10's

Well, it has to land to get more tanks.

And we all flirt with SA-10s as a second nature, so what are some manpads?

Also 100th post

FEED ME MEMBER TITLE

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

I wouldn't entertain the idea. The flight has been hijacked, and no demands have been made on the lives of the passengers.

They are either dead or isolated. End of story.

I don't always openly list my things. But when I do, I put it in my signature.

Funniest but not the most far fetched conspiracy story I've seen on the interweb is that uncle Vladimir had it pinched so as to divert media attention from another world "issue" that cannot be mentioned on these forums.....

But in all seriousness the timeline of what we do know would be very difficult to attribute to some random cause. Transponders and acars all get switched off within minutes of last atc contact, which happened at atc handover. Then immediately the plane proceeds to a new waypoint in near the opposite direction, flies up to fl450, presumably to neutralise the passengers and any crew not in on the plan (any 777 pilots here can verify if masks alone in the cockpit would keep you able enough at that altitude, or if there is a seperate pressurization circuit for the cockpit?) then the aircraft flew along known air routes, then apparently dropped down down to 5000 ft. An flew or still had power for 7 hours. Some one knew exactly what they were doing, there is strong evidence that active deception took place. With all these "facts" it is very hard to attribute it to a nav failure, fire, catastrophic failure or pilot suicide.

Criminal action is most likely hypothesis based on these known facts. The most difficult thing to establish is pausible motive for a theft.

Having spoken in depth about the issue to an active commercial airline captian who currently flies 777s he reckons the most likely place you could land in that region is Burma, plenty of airfields big enough and apparently bugger all to nudda atc contact when flying in their airspace. Of course once the plane is delivered, it can be refueled and flown to where ever it was intended to go.

But the elephant in the room remains why.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not criticising the efforts of all the countries involved in the search but, with giants like USA and China participating, I'm still in disbelief that so little has been found 2 weeks after the airliner went missing.

If you consider there are teams devoting all hours of the day to searching the entire possible area of travel, with thousands of eyes looking at thousands of square mileage through live satellite feeds and aerial searches, I just can't believe all that's been found are a couple of floating bits of debris.

Maybe my assumption of the developed world's technological capabilities were far too high, but I was under the impression that with all the nations involved, the outlined area that MH370 could have covered/crashed in would have been swept 5 times over by now?

The Pacific is huge, not finding a crashed plane isn't strange at all. That French (?) plane that stalled in the West Indies a few years ago took ages to find even small tracks of, and that was a lot less ocean to cover.

As always, the simplest theory is probably the right one. One of the pilots committed suicide, the signals received were from floating debris and/or BS stories made up by Malaysian authorities, because let's face it, it wouldn't be the first time someone goes to idiotic lengths to cover up a pilot committing suicide on the job. Those things sort of bring down the reputation of airliner companies a bit.

Ok i'll make a try.

Data :

-Report emerges that airliners would have been seen flying low over the Maldives.

-At the same time those reports start to make some noise, sattelite give totally different track that does not match the visual sight.

-The pilot is rumored to have flew approaches to Diego Garcia AFB, Sri Lanka and Maldives.

My Theory :

Aircraft has been diverted to Diego Garcia AFB. I would have said any other place around the Maldives including Africa and terrorist.... but here i suspect that the Sat' data is a spoof since it point any direction but the Maldives - plus officials tried to downplay that rumor.

For the reason why and what ? Well.... could be a lot of things.

Only question i haven't verified is the timing between the sighting and the last known position.

Edited by Darkwolf
San diego and diego garcia are two different Diego :P

MY GOD

well, all of us.

Whos with me

I better see some hands.

I do believe someone is poking fun at my elaborate explanation...

:megalol:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Ok i'll make a try.

Data :

-Report emerges that airliners would have been seen flying low over the Maldives.

-At the same time those reports start to make some noise, sattelite give totally different track that does not match the visual sight.

-The pilot is rumored to have flew approaches to Diego Garcia AFB, Sri Lanka and Maldives.

My Theory :

Aircraft has been diverted to Diego Garcia AFB. I would have said any other place around the Maldives including Africa and terrorist.... but here i suspect that the Sat' data is a spoof since it point any direction but the Maldives - plus officials tried to downplay that rumor.

For the reason why and what ? Well.... could be a lot of things.

Only question i haven't verified is the timing between the sighting and the last known position.

Diego Garcia is BIOT, and an American military base. If they'd gone there, the Americans would have told the world all about it before the Malaysians, especially considering how long it took them to say anything about the plane being missing.

Definitely not Diego Garcia.

That place is monitored 24/7 by (at least) Chinese and Russian spy satellites. Even if it landed there and the Americans lied about it (and I don't even know why they should) how big are the chances that the other two would remain silent?

Also it is damn far away. Almost out of reach. (I am going to assume the plane had the normal amount of fuel for a Malaysia-Beijing flight until proven otherwise)

Same goes for the Maledives. Especially when flying low to avoid radar you use lots of fuel, the engines are not built for that. I don't see how it could have reached the Maledives.

Nothing to do on my layover so what da heck…

The media is to blame for much of the confusion. Talking heads on tv, claiming to be experts, only add to this. Truth is; very little is known at this point. Many valid reasons why information is kept from the public. To guess at a possible reason why this thing happened is only human but is based on ‘nothing’. I have my own theory but there are many holes in it. Funny thing is… any theory I’ve seen (including aliens) has many holes in it… we simply don’t know and anyone claiming otherwise is a fool.

Having said that…

Someone mentioned terrorists adding tanks to increase the range…

B777 without any pax. and a full tank of gas can practically circle the earth and back. No need for that…

Regarding decompression…

As soon as cabin altitude exceeds a certain value, masks will drop. Pilots are supposed to don their masks anytime cabin exceeds 10000’. There is no switch to prevent the masks from dropping… oxygen supply is limited though… obviously.

Landing field requirements

The 777 can stop in a significantly shorter distance than, say B737 under the exact same conditions. The surface needs to be compact in order to not have it get stuck. Any airport with a 2000m runway should suffice and you wouldn’t even have to try hard to stop it. If you’re feeling adventurous you could, theoretically, land it on a dirt strip. Taking off again is a different matter altogether which kinda defeats the purpose.

Edited by chaos

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

EDIT: Plane is now confirmed crashed in southern Indian ocean with no survivors. RIP all souls and captain on board.

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

According to TV news (here in Germany), Malaysian Government is now almost certain the plane crashed into the Indian Ocean where lots of wreckage has been found by satellites, but wreckage parts have not yet been recovered so nothing is confirmed.

By analyzing the handshake between the plane and satellite, they were able to determine that the plane's last location is above the southern region of the Indian Ocean far from any land. The time of the last connection between the satellite and the plane is also near where the fuel is estimated to run out. Therefore one way or another, the plane would have gone down near it's last known location.

I guess it's going to be a long process of recovery now, and I hope they will recover the wreckage, flight data, and understand what really happened.

I guess it's going to be a long process of recovery now, and I hope they will recover the wreckage, flight data, and understand what really happened.

If its pilot suicide or a knowledgeable hijacker then the voice recorder could be partially or totally uninformative. All that could help then really is the data recorder and that might only confirm the flight path. It might explain the whole climb to FL450 and the decompression thats been suspected I suppose.

All in all I doubt we'll know anything if ever for a while now. If they do find actually find the recorders they might take their sweet time figuring it out and it could be months before more info, and then years perhaps til a published conclusion.

Unfortunately this will end with a whimper that does no justice to the rampant speculation I think.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Latest on BBC reports 122 floating objects spotted, suspected to be broken up parts of the plane.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26748146

As much as I want them to recover them and have them confirmed as the plane wreckage to give closure to the relatives, it's still awful to have such an abrupt end to all onboard and I think we were all clinging on to some hope that the plane had landed somewhere and all aboard were still alive.

Very heartbreaking for the families, RIP.