Civil Aviation Wish List

Duckman

Just wondering if anyone else would like a lowly Cessna in there with all the gazillion dollar jets?

It's an iconic aircraft both in real life and flight sims (being the MSFS aircraft), and heavily used by the military as well for both training and combat. In today's wars they are actually becoming more and more common, with several weaponized versions.

It could serve as a trainer in the sim too, which is always a good thing and could even bring in some civvie simmers, and on top of that it could fly combat missions. Anyone else like the idea?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I would fly it much, that said looking at the Nevada map in DCS World 2.0 I think were it made it would be a popular addition I don't see anyone nearing the detail levels achieved by ED with this map. The Cessna would be a fun aircraft for casual flying & sightseeing.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I wouldn't mind ED developing the NTTR map to include some California cities in detail. There might be some interest with a 3rd party developer to build a business jet. The type that are converted to military use.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

The problem with the Cessna is that it has been done to death with almost every other sim out there.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

There are far too many Cessna simulators already out there, and it doesnt really have a combat or trainer role. (There are other trainer jets coming in the pipeline and they are all used by real life airforces to train their pilots).

I don't think people will abandon their simulator of choice just to play a Cessna in DCS, even with the superior flight model that DCS offers over its rivals, as for myself I don't see the point of going through the basics on a Cessna, after I have mostly mastered them on the P51, or the Mig21, or any of the other AFM planes which (I believe) are much more of a challenge anyway.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

From a Fokker E.III to a 747, I'd fly anything in DCS as long as it has PFM/ASM.

An-2 please!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

No interest in civ aviation at all. The only way I could blow stuff up is if I ran into it and thats just not appealing.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Hmmm... I would rather want more WW2 props or another jet. Not realy a fan of civilian airplanes. Moreover, I don't realy like high-wing planes.

I would think of more suitable picks for DCS, like:

P-38J, F16C, Hawker Tempest, F4 Phantom II, Fw190A8, MiG25PD and MiG31M.

Just my 2 cents.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

A Cessna 337 would be great for FAC, or better yet the iconic Cessna T-37 that trained thousands of USAF pilots and navigators! The A-37B export version could also be made!

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Which part of WEAPONIZED do you people not get? The original poster is mostly talking about an ARMED scout aircraft not a civilian model. Now personally I would actually like to also see an Antonov AN_2 in here as well. This could be used in places where other aircraft can't go and supplement the helicopters in the game as well. Just a thought...

I´m for AN-2 too. Would be very nice to drop pa**ch***sts ;-)

Incredible plane btw...

Waiting for the return of: -TLP- -True LAN Play- Multiplayer without permanent internet connection to ED master-server. Plane wishlist: Antonov - AN-2

Anything that can fly has a good chance of making it to my module list. There aren't really any planes that wouldn't be good to have in DCS. Civilian flight should definitely become part of the sim as those planes are good for both just flying and combat missions.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I would love to fly the Combat Caravan in DCS or even the C-26. I'm biased though these are the planes I fly day to day IRL...

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

I wouldn't mind ED developing the NTTR map to include some California cities in detail. There might be some interest with a 3rd party developer to build a business jet. The type that are converted to military use.

sabreliner pleeaaasseeee first airplane i worked on and i have a soft spot for them

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

Nope no interest at all.. If I want to just tool around and sight see there are several offerings (The HAWK being my favorite) that already fit this bill nicely.. I would rather the focus and work be placed on F-18, F-14, Typhoon, Cobra, Hind etc...

If all the major airframes were to be programmed, then I would say OK to civilian planes, buit at the rate it takes to complete a DCS level module, I will be long DEAD before that happens..

(That was not a dig at the developers at all, just a reality check regarding the amount of work involved and the time it takes to program these things and to do it right..)

Nope no Cessna for me ..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO