DCS. Some say, "the Gazelle is on rails."

Holbeach

Is it a rhetorical question. Yes.

Do I expect an answer from Polychop to these leading questions. No.

The answer is obvious. No they can't do these things. (so why doesn't their pilot say something).

Any pilot, or person who knows anything about helicopter characteristics will know these things can't be done and when flying this sim, will know within 5 mins.

It's a beta. Yes I know.

Have these things been reported. Some have, but I'm trying this with SAS and gyro off, which should make it fly like a real unassisted helo, but alas it doesn't.

The only possible bug, could be the with the gyro input, (I'm looking into it).

Regards.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

So I'm going to give you a quick answer:

It's being looked into. There are things I can't discuss because of NDA agreements. As soon as we can tell you things, we will (as we've shown in the past).

• Like 1

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

OK. Thanks for the answer.

I wish you success.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Real world aviator here- No... No helicopter would fly like a laser with stability systems off, and hands off the controls. I've not flown the Gazelle, but I've flown helicopters of comparable size and due to atmospheric factors and physics it just wouldn't happen and I think you know as much, but if you didn't there is you answer. What this thread strikes me as is again another thread searching for a response from Polychop. The issue I have is Polychop has stated many times the FM is a work in progress. There are no SFMs for DCS helicopters, and they have to be made from the ground up. As such that takes a lot of work and time, as the physics involved are incredibly complex.

They are working on it, but I'm reaching a point were I am wondering if there is continued benefit on making new threads for every single issue. Filling out a bug report and posting your findings to one of the pre-existing bug threads seems like a good idea. I do find the title of this thread and video to strike me as a bit sarcastic or rhetorical

For sure its forward flight is far too perfect!

But be aware, there is a 1 billion dollar computer that sits in London that calculates weather patterns across the UK... it does do it very well.

Me guesses that you may strain that 1 billion dollar computer to run DCS within a 1 Kilometre squared area with realistic chaotic weather and heat absorbing buildings too.

But for sure the current model runs forward far too true.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

this is the chopper i am lookin for.

i am fed up with fighting with huey lol

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Real world aviator here- No... No helicopter would fly like a laser with stability systems off, and hands off the controls. I've not flown the Gazelle, but I've flown helicopters of comparable size and due to atmospheric factors and physics it just wouldn't happen and I think you know as much, but if you didn't there is you answer. What this thread strikes me as is again another thread searching for a response from Polychop. The issue I have is Polychop has stated many times the FM is a work in progress. There are no SFMs for DCS helicopters, and they have to be made from the ground up. As such that takes a lot of work and time, as the physics involved are incredibly complex.

They are working on it, but I'm reaching a point were I am wondering if there is continued benefit on making new threads for every single issue. Filling out a bug report and posting your findings to one of the pre-existing bug threads seems like a good idea. I do find the title of this thread and video to strike me as a bit sarcastic or rhetorical

+1

Let them do there job and finish it, These threads are becoming a joke................. Will admin close it already this BUG is already been looked into and its annoying.

To put some context here: it's flying perfectly level with no input because it is, after all, a simulation; the math is perfect. It is perfectly trimmed and there are no external forces affecting the model, such as turbulence and varying wind. Plus, in the examples given, the ground is perfectly flat.

In the real world, the air is never perfectly still, even if the wind is reported to be calm. During daytime, you also get convection due to solar heating. All these factors make the helicopter depart from its state of relative stability.

My suggestion: induce some instability, such as slight turbulence. The helicopter, being dynamically unstable, once an external forces is applied to it, will continue to diverge, such as keep on rolling unless human input (or autopilot/stability augmentation system) brings it back level.

I flew the Hughes 500C for a little while a long time ago. The most it would fly hands off after trimming it was about 10 seconds. I hear that the MD-500D with the T-tail can fly hands off for much longer, like minutes.

There is also the possibility that the flight model is too stable or rather, not dynamically unstable enough. That is, it will tend to maintain a stable state after upset. Dynamically unstable means that once upset, its attitude continues to diverge, and helicopters are dynamically unstable.

I've never flown it in real life, but it should be an easy question to ask an experienced Gazelle pilot: 'with the autopilot/SAS off, how long will it stay stable hands off the cyclic?'

'with the autopilot/SAS off, how long will it stay stable hands off the cyclic?'

I'll expand that question slightly.

'with the autopilot/SAS/gyro off, how long will it stay stable, hands off, with the cyclic/pedals, in the centre and NO trimming, at 4 deg nose down, at 114 kts. S & L, as demonstrated?

I can answer that now.

It is not possible to achieve those conditions in the first place. No helicopter in the world could do it.

I'll expand that question slightly.

'with the autopilot/SAS/gyro off, how long will it stay stable, hands off, with the cyclic/pedals, in the centre and NO trimming, at 4 deg nose down, at 114 kts. S & L, as demonstrated?

I can answer that now.

It is not possible to achieve those conditions in the first place. No helicopter in the world could do it.

I really don´t know what is going on here. No matter what I try, the Gazelle is not stable on my system (though I have learned to handle her). The situation you describe leads to a crash (without further inputs)- and not to a stable flight on my system. Seems that I must have a different Gazelle :megalol: When it comes to a slow speed, prior to landing it feels pretty unstable and really like a light helicopter.

You are completely right...NO helicopter can do what you describe.

And the FM in turns...hmm

Are all of you sure that it´s not with "easy controls checked in main menue" of the game?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

docWilly do you have by any chance a FFB HOTAS? Or one with small spikes? Or both... like me? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Are all of you sure that it´s not with "easy controls checked in main menue" of the game?

No I've never used easy controls.

Make sure you calibrate your controls first, so there is no spurious input.

Here is a track you can try, with some landings at the end.

Only use the collective.

docWilly do you have by any chance a FFB HOTAS? Or one with small spikes? Or both... like me? :D

That may be the culprit on my side. No FFB. Using Warthog HOTAS stick and throttle. But I will make sure at least that no calibration issue gives my that "positive" feedback. Flying M2000 or A10C I experience or such behaviour.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

• ED Team
So I'm going to give you a quick answer:

It's being looked into. There are things I can't discuss because of NDA agreements. As soon as we can tell you things, we will (as we've shown in the past).

Guys poly Roie has said they are looking into it, lets not derail this thread.

If you have anything to help please post, if it is just guesses and gut feelings it will not be helpful.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Good fun when you chuck it around, but this impossible, first move, makes the Gazelle hard to take seriously.

Let's hope the FM is sorted soon.