Missing textures

Tailhook

With F-5 module disabled, the F-5E-3 external model texture for the ejection seat and gun-sight frame isn't loading. Also the top of the forward instrument panel isn't loading the normal or spec map, only the diffuse is showing.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

This took me 30 minutes to figure out.

The F-5E-3 uses the same ejection seat, and other parts, in both cockpit and external model. The simple fix is ED needs to move the following files from 'F-5E-CPT-TEXTURES' in Mods and put them in 'f-5e3_tiger_II_textures' in CoreMods. There's no reason for them to be separate anyways since both internal and external share textures (WHY?), especially if the module is disabled.

F5E-CPT-FLOOR-01

F5E-CPT-FLOOR-01_RoughMet

F5E-CPT-INSTR-02

F5E-CPT-MAIN-01

F5E-CPT-MAIN-01_RoughMet

F5E-CPT-PARTS-01

F5E-CPT-PARTS-01_RoughMet

F5E-CPT-PARTS-02

F5E-CPT-PARTS-02_RoughMet

F5E-CPT-SEAT-01

F5E-CPT-SEAT-01_RoughMet

F5E-CPT-TOP-01

F5E-CPT-TOP-01_RoughMet

Now to fix the missing textures on the top of the front panel. That part of the model is still set to use bitmap which is no longer used in DCS. Simple fix is extract the following 2 DDS textures from 'f-5e3_tiger_II_textures' in CoreMods, rename them and then add them to the zip, do not remove the originals.

Change:

'f-5e3_cockpit_normal' to 'f-5e3_cockpit_normal.bmp'

'f-5e3_cockpit_spec' to 'f-5e3_cockpit_spec.bmp'

Boom. Model fixed, ya welcome.

Edited by Tailhook

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • NineLine changed the title to Missing textures
  • NineLine locked this topic