Serbian MiG-29 crash :((((((((

nscode

This morning at 9am local time, a MiG-29 crashet at the Batajnica airfield. Pilot Rade Ranđelović ejected, but died later in hospital. One soldier on the ground was also killed in the crash, and one other injured.

Edited by nscode
added late pilot's name

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

This comes less than a year after the crash where Ištvan Kanas was killed. They were practising for the same airshow (Kanas for Belgrade 2008, this one for Belgrade 2009).

This is beyond sad :(

There will be an investigation.

After a forced loop he entered a forced turn. During the turn he started to fall down. He ejected at 100m or less, parallel to the ground. The chute did not have time to open fully.

Very sad :(

Years ago I was at an airshow in the UK and the Italian team Frecce Tricolori walked past me smiling and laughing after their superb display. A week later they had that awful accident in Germany. I could remember the faces of the pilots that were killed, quite upsetting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Sad news. RIP.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Very sad :(

Years ago I was at an airshow in the UK and the Italian team Frecce Tricolori walked past me smiling and laughing after their superb display. A week later they had that awful accident in Germany. I could remember the faces of the pilots that were killed, quite upsetting.

Yes, I know the feeling. I saw Rađenović at an airshow a few months ago. He finished his act with a high speed pass on full AB. Then we heard him on the radio over the speakers, he said "Hoćete reprizu?" (Do you want another one?) and he turned around and made another thrilling pass.

They later flew him from Batajnica where he landed back to Novi Sad in a helicopter, so he could have his ride in a convertable with the girls in front of the audience. That's when the picture above was taken :(

Btw, whitneses report engines stoped in flight :(

The airplane had 145 flights since it was rehauled 25. May 2008.

Edited by nscode

My father informed me of this crash via e-mail this morning as soon as he heard about it, I was at work 'til few minutes ago and I just read my father's e-mail so I had no idea about it 'til now and now I'm really, really shocked!

Here's what my father told me in that e-mail:

145 flights, each one averaging 45 minutes (that's how it was in YuAF with MiG-29, now in Serbian AF this might be reduced to 30 mins because of smaller airspace and reduced budget) equals 100 hours of flight or 130 hours of total engine run time! That's somekind of a formula they used in JRV to determine TBOs! Failure after 100 hours is a poor RD-33 result!

RIP to the Rade Rađenović!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My father informed me of this crash via e-mail this morning as soon as he heard about it, I was at work 'til few minutes ago and I just read my father's e-mail so I had no idea about it 'til now and now I'm really, really shocked!

Here's what my father told me in that e-mail:

145 flights, each one averaging 45 minutes (that's how it was in YuAF with MiG-29, now in Serbian AF this might be reduced to 30 mins because of smaller airspace and reduced budget) equals 100 hours of flight or 130 hours of total engine run time! That's somekind of a formula they used in JRV to determine TBOs! Failure after 100 hours is a poor RD-33 result!

RIP to the Rade Rađenović!

I've heard it had something like 70 hours since overhaul, 800 total. Enginge failure is not confirmed.

first R.I.P for the pilot. At least he was doing what he loved.

I just have a question. If you loose both engines on a mig-29 does that means that you louse Hydraulic controls also? Isn't some kind of emergency back up system for that?

Unfortunatly for the pilot...

As for the plane, the migs corrosion and structural faults have been on evidence lately. On mig crashed in russia this year (another last year), and then another in india due to tails falling off the airframe.

The buzz is that they have been flying for much longer than they were intended to last. Even if their service lives have not run out yet, they were not intended to last 30 years.

Looks like a replacement is in order. Dont thinkEurope or the US will show much enthusiasm selling to Serbia half a dozen Fighters (also considering the regions economical avaiablity), maybe russia or china would.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Unfortunatly for the pilot...

As for the plane, the migs corrosion and structural faults have been on evidence lately. On mig crashed in russia this year (another last year), and then another in india due to tails falling off the airframe.

The buzz is that they have been flying for much longer than they were intended to last. Even if their service lives have not run out yet, they were not intended to last 30 years.

Looks like a replacement is in order. Dont thinkEurope or the US will show much enthusiasm selling to Serbia half a dozen Fighters (also considering the regions economical avaiablity), maybe russia or china would.

I've heard that even the 'new' SMT's for the Algerians have corrosion issues, and those were practically new (rebuilt from stored Mig-29s).

Was this one of the overhauled Mig-29's?

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy: