X-55 Rhino Hotas Issues and Problems

Have a look at this YouTube video. It should help you out.

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.

Win 8.1 64 bit | i7 4470 @ 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 RAM | GeoForce GTX 645 2 GB VRAM | X-55 Rhino HOTAS | Saitek Pro Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | iControl

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, just trying to work out my profile for SU-25T and after some advise. I want to set the mode switch to control my NAV, A2A and A2G. Ingame these show as Joy_btn_32;Joy_Btn_33 and Joy_Btn_34. Should I set these up as switches ingame. What I am wanting to do is when in nav mode set up my toggle switchs for autopilot. At the moment I have the mode switch set up to switch between NAV, A2A and A2G. Or should I set the switches up in X-55 Profiler instead.

DCS World Online, SU25, SU25T, A-10 A, Black Shark 2, F15C, SU27, Combined Arms, A10C. Flight Controls: Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS System and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. CPU AMD Ryzen 3 2200 3.5GB, 1TB Int HDD, 2TB Int HDD, 2TB Seagate Ext HDD, 8 Gb DDR4 1600 Ram, Geforce GTX 760 2GB GPU

I've recently programmed more buttons on the throttle and have started getting ghosting issues. I was running the joystick & throttle through a USB hub. I have since removed the joystick/throttle combo from the hub and plugged them into the ports at the front of the PC. This seems to have helped with the ghosting.

Is this typical?

Once ghosting goes away is it likely to return?

I'm running a Intel i5 processor with nVidia graphics card 660

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Worther_1

DCS Black Shark 2, A10-C, Huey, MiG-21bis, Hawk, Flaming Cliffs 3, F/A-18, Nevada Terrain.

Hi I have been using a powered USB port to run my setup without any problems. Cannot guarantee you wont get ghosting using the system USB ports.

DCS World Online, SU25, SU25T, A-10 A, Black Shark 2, F15C, SU27, Combined Arms, A10C. Flight Controls: Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS System and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. CPU AMD Ryzen 3 2200 3.5GB, 1TB Int HDD, 2TB Int HDD, 2TB Seagate Ext HDD, 8 Gb DDR4 1600 Ram, Geforce GTX 760 2GB GPU

What you all should be looking for is if your motherboard has internal unused USB ports. Many motherboard producers include a set of internal ports that is not used by default. You can hook them up with this small backboard. Solves all problems with saitek stuff.

USBPLATE.main.jpg

You can buy them on all tech stores.

http://www.startech.com/Cables/USB-2.0/Internal-and-Panel-Mount/2-Outlet-USB-Plate-For-PC-Motherboards~USBPLATE

• 2 weeks later...

Got x55 a few days ago new batch and had button ghosting issues on my intel. So I got myself a powered USB hub and now everything works flawless. The common issue is that USB2.0 on many machines don't provide enough power to deal with voltage fluctuations when using a x55 throttle. Interesting how mad cats haven't figured this out yet as so many people seem to have fixed the issue this way, by plugging it into either USB 3.0 or a powered hub.

Edited by RUS38

I find the rotaries are ok, providing the games recognise it. If you want to use the rotaries, then its best to use the HUD profile especially in DCS World not sure about other flight simulators or games.

• 2 weeks later...

Unhappy AMD+X55 user, heavy ghosting issues with throttle!

Hello DCS fellows! :pilotfly:

I want to share my two cents on this issue.

Got a X55 a few months ago, havent had time to play with it much until now. I am experiencing heavy ghosting issues with the throttle. I had to unplug the Throttle from my computer to regain control with my keyboard, the system was being overloaded with random commands and overtasking it. I have programmed many buttons for my F-15C profile more precisely Radar controls etc. When using the radar heavily, everything bugs down, sometimes my canopy ejects on its own or my landing gear or flap will get triggered when in a merge. I hate the slider as it is only an on/off button, and when on, it overtasks the system (i.e: airbrakes) multiple "B" being triggered.

I have tried everything mentionned in this thread apart from using a powered USB port or installing the USB bracket.

I just got off the phone with Saitek USA and the agent told me that AMD chipset are the cause of this problem, apparently AMD is also bad with many other USB devices, hence my dilemna below.

Currently I have an AMD Phenom II x 2 560 3.3Ghz on a ASUS M5A87TD USB 3.0 and a Sapphire R9 270X Toxic 2GB DDR5. I just ordered a FX-8350 4.0Ghz along with an ASUS M5A99FX evo R2.0 or something like that, I am seriously considering returning my order and change it for an Intel set-up as my build is only for DCS.

Please, let me know your toughts on what I should go (CPU+Mobo+chipset) for with a 500$ budget.:helpsmilie:

Cheers, Big Peltch:joystick:

My issue with the X-55 Rhino is that in mode two and three on the stick they only give me mode one keystrokes. I have not tried to even mess with the team speak.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Hello DCS fellows! :pilotfly:

I want to share my two cents on this issue.

Got a X55 a few months ago, havent had time to play with it much until now. I am experiencing heavy ghosting issues with the throttle. I had to unplug the Throttle from my computer to regain control with my keyboard, the system was being overloaded with random commands and overtasking it. I have programmed many buttons for my F-15C profile more precisely Radar controls etc. When using the radar heavily, everything bugs down, sometimes my canopy ejects on its own or my landing gear or flap will get triggered when in a merge. I hate the slider as it is only an on/off button, and when on, it overtasks the system (i.e: airbrakes) multiple "B" being triggered.

I have tried everything mentionned in this thread apart from using a powered USB port or installing the USB bracket.

I just got off the phone with Saitek USA and the agent told me that AMD chipset are the cause of this problem, apparently AMD is also bad with many other USB devices, hence my dilemna below.

Currently I have an AMD Phenom II x 2 560 3.3Ghz on a ASUS M5A87TD USB 3.0 and a Sapphire R9 270X Toxic 2GB DDR5. I just ordered a FX-8350 4.0Ghz along with an ASUS M5A99FX evo R2.0 or something like that, I am seriously considering returning my order and change it for an Intel set-up as my build is only for DCS.

Please, let me know your toughts on what I should go (CPU+Mobo+chipset) for with a 500$ budget.:helpsmilie:

Cheers, Big Peltch:joystick:

I don't know about how the X-55 interacts with the newer AMD chipset, but if your build is for DCS I would return the FX-8350 and MB for an i5 4690K setup anyway.

Hi Big Peltch,

I have had the X-55 for several months now, and have not experienced any issues of ghosting as I always used it with a powered USB hub. My system is powered by AMD FX 4170 chipset at 4.2 GHz, motherboard is a Asus M5A78L-MLX Plus, 120 GB SSD, 2 TB Seagate Internal HDD, Seagate 2 TB EXternal HDD, 16GB DDR3 1600 Ram, Nvidia GtX 760 Graphics Card, with a Dick Smith 13 port USB HUB.

The only real issue I have had with my x-55 is knowing what commands to map to the HOTAS. As DCS world doesnt recognised all the function of it in game. I havent experienced any ghosting what so ever. I dont think the ghosting is specific to just AMD Chipsets alone. I would test it out on a Powered USB HUB first. A powered USB HUB is cheaper than the intel chipset.

Hello big peltch,

Using an external powered USB hub will solve your problems! This very specific throttle issue wih the x55 is discussed in many forums and easy to fix with the hub.

Greetings

Boris

9900k, 2080TI, 64GB, ssd, valve index, Thrustmaster on virpil, virpil cm2 throttle, tpr pedals, mfd.

hi guys

i just got my x55 delivered couple day ago and my usb hub also came today. I did get 'ghost' problem after first setting up x55 but after connecting it to us hub ... problem did not go. I did look on different forums and i was under strong impression that getting pcie card with usb ports will sort this issue but 'no go' for me.

any additional ideas?

regards

ok, quick update

i just went to controls setup and deleted all axis and redone them. not only thrust was set on both joystick and throttle, but also after deleting just joystick column thrust was still connected to your stick X and Y axis.

just delete them all and redo the manually your self. everything is perfect.

Just wondering whether or not just to program the X-55 through profile setting instead of ingame or would it be better to only set up the functions that DCS world doesnt recognise through the profile settings and then use the ingame settings

My issue with the X-55 Rhino is that in mode two and three on the stick they only give me mode one keystrokes. I have not tried to even mess with the team speak

Well Madcats got mine worked out with a pairing up exe. It works good so far I am still testing and have not worked out with the teamspeak though.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

• 2 weeks later...

Cmon what the hell is this.. I got the X-55 Rhino yesterday, and I noticed ingame that my engines could shutdown randomly, turning on ECM automaticaly, radar on and off, speedbreak on randomly etc...

I checked the software, and I saw that it presses different buttons randomly automatically, pretty frequent.. Several times every minute.. This is on the throttle control. The stick itself is perfect.

Any idea what it can be? I tried reinstalling drivers and software several times.

I've read that a external powered USB hub could solve it. Would it?

AMD FX-8320

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

X-55 Rhino guide to configure the Mouse Nipple to work as TDC slew!

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro

• ED Team

Did you make sure that there were commands duplicated onto your stick from your throttle, I have that issue where when it auto assigns commands its on both the stick and throttle... not sure whose issue that is, ED's or Saitek's...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Did you make sure that there were commands duplicated onto your stick from your throttle, I have that issue where when it auto assigns commands its on both the stick and throttle... not sure whose issue that is, ED's or Saitek's...

Yea well.. There are commands that are duplicated. But I can even see it in the Mad Catz programming software..

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro

I had found that when I first got my Rhino Joystick, DCS World automatically assigns the same buttons for both my throttle and stick, so I carefully went through and re-assigned the buttons, to avoid any duplications. I then made a html of the configurations for each throttle and joystick.

I also went through the process of making a profile using the saitek SST profiler, duplicating the assigments made in DCS World.

However I never encountered any problems as alkaline has mention and I went straight to a powered USB HUB, and had no concernable issues at all.

I had found that when I first got my Rhino Joystick, DCS World automatically assigns the same buttons for both my throttle and stick, so I carefully went through and re-assigned the buttons, to avoid any duplications. I then made a html of the configurations for each throttle and joystick.

I also went through the process of making a profile using the saitek SST profiler, duplicating the assigments made in DCS World.

However I never encountered any problems as alkaline has mention and I went straight to a powered USB HUB, and had no concernable issues at all.

Yea, I cleared all bindings in DCS, and rebinded. Either way, im gonna buy a external usb hub today. Is there any requirements on the usb hub?

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro