Release??

Revan

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I wasn't sure if I was going to purchase this one but with all the hardships the devs are going through and how patient they have been with the community I decided to make it a day one purchase. Who knows, I might enjoy it more than I think.

At first I wasn't sure if I was going to purchase this one but with all the hardships the devs are going through and how patient they have been with the community I decided to make it a day one purchase. Who knows, I might enjoy it more than I think.

+1

But if all goes well i will support other projects.

I can understand the guys who are getting inpatient but what's the point

In releasing something if its not finished or buggy but the guys do need to Post more screen shots

+1

But if all goes well i will support other projects.

I can understand the guys who are getting inpatient but what's the point

In releasing something if its not finished or buggy but the guys do need to Post more screen shots

... or the promised video ...

Its too early for release from what I understood, and as a backer, I want a properly finished product as opposed to a bug fiasco. That's why I orbit these forums knowing that one day, in the official announcements sub-forum, I'll read Mig-21 Beta Released!

In which case, any projects on that week will be trashed, unless its critical (academia).

Looking forward for the release

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hey blackdog, bow about we give them the benefit of the doubt. These guys aren't full-time game developers, many of these people are single-digit teams working on their free time. It is ready when its ready

And a DCS beta from a 3rd party team will likely be ridiculously buggy. I honestly don't think it'll be worth it.

<Mod edit: 1.1-Language>

Edited by SkateZilla

My Logitech Extreme3D Pro "Essentials" Profiles for FC3 and 25T:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/599930/

VERN0UL.png

Thrustmaster T.16000M, TWCS

FC3, F-5E, M2000C, AJS-37, C-101, F-14, NTTR

Its too early for release from what I understood, and as a backer, I want a properly finished product as opposed to a bug fiasco. That's why I orbit these forums knowing that one day, in the official announcements sub-forum, I'll read Mig-21 Beta Released!

In which case, any projects on that week will be trashed, unless its critical (academia).

Looking forward for the release

You must have missed this...

There are reasons for and against doing a BETA release.

Considering we're already at what is essentially an internal beta, such a release is unlikely.

Edited by Raven68
  • Like 1

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Hey blackdog, bow about we give them the benefit of the doubt. These guys aren't full-time game developers, many of these people are single-digit teams working on their free time. It is ready when its ready

And a DCS beta from a 3rd party team will likely be ridiculously buggy. I honestly don't think it'll be worth it.

Are they really not full time developers?

The "its done when its done" line can be used by people like BMS developers, who work for fun and release a product that is free. I don't think that Letherneck, or anybody involved with DCS wants to establish a reputation as a group of hobbyists doing this stuff in their free time.

If I'm going to pay 40-50 euros for a sim module, I expect professionalism from the developers. Besides, no software is ever released without bugs, and the developers have an implicit obligation to fix them and support their product after the release, in a reasonable time frame.

Anyway, these guys have been down on their luck, and I'm glad they decided to follow through with the module. I understand their reluctance to set a release date at this time, after all they went through, but I think that this should be done only under special circumstances, not as the preferred way of doing things, and certainly not be encouraged by the community.

Edited by SkateZilla

There are reasons for and against doing a BETA release.

Considering we're already at what is essentially an internal beta, such a release is unlikely.

I don't worry, I can accept a straight release :D

Speaking for myself, Leatherneck you have my full support. I'll buy the Fishbed as soon as I can in seconds 2 or 3 after oficial release.

I love the airframe and whenever the release date is, my credit card will be there. :thumbup:

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps

There is going to be a large increase in visual material as we near release. Videos, livestreams, promo copy previews, etc. We're just busy with wrapping things before kicking the hypemachine into high gear.

That said, you're hungry, so lets' see about doing a quick mini-update with some eye-candy in just a bit. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I will never shy away from criticism, especially valid criticism that the release is delayed.

However - do stay away from the expletives and insults.

Believe me, we hear you.

Besides that, do stop to think about whether we, the developers, are happy over the delays.

Without a published aircraft, there is no revenue. Without revenue, our financial means dwindle. We have set a quality level for ourselves that we must adhere to, regardless of any hardship we may endure.

We are working hard and we're getting very close now. A little more patience.

+1 for level-headed response :thumbup:

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

The "its done when its done" line can be used by people like BMS developers, who work for fun and release a product that is free. I don't think that Letherneck, or anybody involved with DCS wants to establish a reputation as a group of hobbyists doing this stuff in their free time.

I don't know the devs, but they may work in other projects "full-time" and this on the "free-time". Such is the story of many starting studios where there is not much financial backing yet.

That does not diminish their professionalism or commitment to the project at all, but it can cause unexpected delays.

Now, if they are full-time on this module then all the better but fact of software industry is that there are unexpected problems all the time which cause delays but then something else goes smoother than expected and it evens out.

Just my thoughts on this, people are jumping to weird conclusions too easily IMHO..

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

A lot of us third party developers are doing this work on our free time, and aren't full-time software engineers or artists. This isn't our full-time job and we have real lives outside of DCS. For example I'm working full-time (40+ hours a week) and going to university several nights a week, and have a relationship. Free time is hard to come by. We work when we can as much as we can, but there are times when we have to step away (or get dragged away) from the computer...

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

There is going to be a large increase in visual material as we near release. Videos, livestreams, promo copy previews, etc. We're just busy with wrapping things before kicking the hypemachine into high gear.

That said, you're hungry, so lets' see about doing a quick mini-update with some eye-candy in just a bit. :)

Love this.

Anything regarding the LeatherneckSim-21 you can give us will quench my insatiable desire for this module, for a little while, until the official release.

...Sheila rides on crashing nightingale. Intake eyes leave passing vapor trails...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A lot of us third party developers are doing this work on our free time, and aren't full-time software engineers or artists. This isn't our full-time job and we have real lives outside of DCS. For example I'm working full-time (40+ hours a week) and going to university several nights a week, and have a relationship. Free time is hard to come by. We work when we can as much as we can, but there are times when we have to step away (or get dragged away) from the computer...

My hats off to you Blaze! I am really impressed in how you manage it all...seriously! Good thing you dont have children to allow for also! :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

This is my full-time job, but it is a fairly natural progression considering I was in FSX development prior to crossing over into DCS.

Two of us have full-time jobs (Game Development & MiG-21 Pilot).

I would guesstimate that we all usually put in a "full-time" number of hours on development per week.

The stakes are high.

We don't really treat this as a hobby project. We are serious about doing this for many years to come.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

What a brilliant combination of professions for members of a small company :D

I don't think too many people can say they've worked in that kind of environment.

I can imagine that your MiG expert doesn't have a lot of time on his hands, unless he is a reserve pilot. Still makes the mod quality go up, which gets us (or at least me) excited :)

We can wait. We are capable of patience, despite the appearance otherwise

My Logitech Extreme3D Pro "Essentials" Profiles for FC3 and 25T:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/599930/

VERN0UL.png

Thrustmaster T.16000M, TWCS

FC3, F-5E, M2000C, AJS-37, C-101, F-14, NTTR

This is my full-time job, but it is a fairly natural progression considering I was in FSX development prior to crossing over into DCS.

I would guesstimate that we all usually put in a "full-time" number of hours on development per week.

The stakes are high.

We don't really treat this as a hobby project. We are serious about doing this for many years to come.

I'm glad to hear it. I have come to expect serious quality from DCS, and it just bugs me when I see people talking about it like its not a big deal. I'm confident you guys will deliver, and I hope it turns out well for you. More teams working on high fidelity sims, the better.

Where is your pilot from? Not too many MiG-21s in active service left.

HERE HE COMES !!!

Bottlenose_Dolphin_-Notojima_Aquarium_-Ishikawa_-Japan-8a.jpg

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Serbia, he's on the forums aswell

Wow, awesome. I live in Batajnica, near the airbase, I love watching these guys fly. Camping out with binoculars is one of my favorite pastime activities. We need an open day this year, I loved everything in 2012.

Besides programming, flying is the only thing I could picture myself doing. Its fascinating to see that somebody can manage both.

Keep it on topic, comments/posts in regards to the trainer in that pic are gonna be considered off topic.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Unfortunately, there is nothing else to discuss here :( Except the dolphin :smilewink:

That image was prolly a Reference to the 3rd Party Dev Dolphin887

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs