Addon Tents, Watchtower, UH-1-Cargo

@Upuaut: I do enjoy the realistic environment your mods add to DCSW. I have had an issue, however, with your Helipad mod (Oct 15 version). I have a mission script that iteratively selects and destroys a set of static objects (simulated bomb/artillery hits). When the script selects any of your heliports, the destroy fails, script halts and log enters an error. I have double-checked install and it seems fine. Heliport visible in 3D.

DCSW 2.5.3.23225. PG map.

Nov. 11 - Just downloaded, and updated the 'Helipads' mod, and all are working fine now! All textures are in place and they look brilliant!

Love the new layout of the tall Heli Towers, now that the lighted mast is gone; great job Upuaut!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Q: would it be possible to have a windsock on each tall helipad, and on the Seafort, Leuchtturm and the various lighthouse (sea & Land) landing pads?

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Q: would it be possible to have a windsock on each tall helipad, and on the Seafort, Leuchtturm and the various lighthouse (sea & Land) landing pads?

Hi DSPALLASVI,

I think it is not possible to add a working Windsock to the helipads, or I have not yet found a possibility to add a Windsock.

But in the ME you can place the "Windsock" on or near the Helipads.

Greetings

DCS Mods and Skins: HiDrive

Use the NAS only if the other Link is not working - it's slow!
My DCS MODs and Skins: NAS

• 2 weeks later...

hi, Upuaut! its all working great in 2.5 but we can no longer set weight for log trunks(( we can set weight to your any cargo but log trunks, it default weight makes forestry ops impossible( any advice on that?

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

BackboneOne, I believe the logs are actually DCS cargo items.

I also noted this recently in the 2.5 bugs forum as there are a few cargo items where you can not change the mass: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223829.

Apparently its been this way for a while.

damn, sorry my bad

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

• 2 weeks later...

I have" Cargo + external fuel-tank for the UH-1 + Racegates" and "Helipads" installed in the 'Mods/Tech' Save Games folder. I put the Oil Rig in a mission, but it is invisible. I can see it in the ME just fine, but not when I run the mission..

Do both downloads to in the Saved Games?

In the Saved Games/DCS folder I have put these folders:

Bazar

Data

MissionEditor

Scripts

Sounds

In the Saved Games/dcs/mods/tech folder I have:

Helipads

UH-1_ext_FuelTank

Sorry, I might have this wrong.. I find the instructions a bit confusing.. It sounds like everything goes in Saved Games/DCS somewhere.. :joystick:

EDIT:

I think this instruction in the first post is what confuses me:

-- You have to move the Mods-Folder from the files to you DCS-Folder in your "Saved Games" Folder, before you use JSGME --

"from the files"? I assume that means from the downloaded zip?

"to you DCS-Folder in your "Saved Games" Folder, before you use JSGME"? Do I install the other folders in the Saved Games folder or the Game's install folder?

And the download for the 'Cargo + external fuel-tank for the UH-1 + Racegates' is called 'Helipads_Cargo_RaceGates_Hospital 2.5'. So are there Helipads in this download as well as the Helipads.rar download?

Thanks for your work. Sorry if I am confusing this myself. :confused:

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 2 weeks later...

Upuaut,

Thanks for those great updates. I was waiting for the invisible FARP for years. Thanks for making it real.

I do have issues with refueling/rearming though with it as well as with many of your new FARPS objects. Invisible, Nato T, Invers Y, H do not let me refuel/ rearm. The helipadgrid or Helipadgrid_Mi on the other hand are working fine.

I didn't try them all but since some of your FARPS are working and some not, I assume this is some missing lua wizardry issues.

Before someone ask, I do have the required vehicles (M818, M918, HMTT,...) in the 150m range and my chopper doors are opened with the interphone on INT.

open?id=19REvePU_VjHgGf7xmNR80u8eoN-DQWhwguys, anyone has FIRES mod working after latest OB update? i can place fire (big, med, small) object in ME but its not appearing in sim, also the preview window with fires are empty in ME. also, got texture missing on most cargos

open?id=19REvePU_VjHgGf7xmNR80u8eoN-DQWhw

Edited by BackboneOne

• 1 month later...

I am confused in the same wayy as Snacko. Could someone please clear up the confusion and post clear and concise installation instructions?

The file naming is confusing, too IMHO...

Edit: I found a helpful image in post #780! Why is that not in the first post?? Would have saved me a few headaches...

Edited by iffoif
Edited cause I found a helpful hint

• 1 month later...

Well apparently some textures from the mod is missing indeed, however from the models ive seen, not all is texture-less. Its only a few apparently. I reckon its outdated, so if it does not show up ingame, its because DCS is disabling the mesh due to missing textures.

c0f40ed8719c266674f4481c64115639.png

Edited by DeTesla

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

• 2 months later...

Hi Uputaut

If you are still here, it's to warning you that your mods do not work anymore with the 2.5.5 bêta.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 months later...

Please update the mod for 2.55

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Tried to contact Upuaut recently for an update, but no reply.

It's a sad situation, I really miss his ships and coastal batteries :(

I see on his profile that he has not connected since July, I really hope that he is in good health and is just taking a temporary break from the hobby .. his Mods are missed.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

BUNKER.jpg

in 2.5.5....

He has been working.....

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."