Mandatory 2014 Soccer worldcup thread!

Pilotasso

@ Foul Ol Ron - was a joke about Gerrard. Unfortunately we do like to have a scapegoat! It's a traditional to have one unfortunately.

Anyhow, France played very well against the Swiss who also played well. Currently watching the Honduras match but it's getting too late now and I've finished my wine, although it does look like a good game

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm like the master in missing goals... Seems like every time I lift my ass to go to kitchen or something, I hear the screams of excitement from the TV. I was watching the FRA-SUI game last night and saw two goals from France. Missed the third as it was lighting fast. Felt bad for the Swiss and thought France is just gonna put up a good defense and the Swiss will try to desperately break it. Shut the TV and of course... in the morning I see three more goals were scored!

At least saw the Costa Rica match and despite only one goal, it was nice to watch and feel the excitement of the underdog nation. Good work Costa Rica!

I'm like the master in missing goals... Seems like every time I lift my ass to go to kitchen or something, I hear the screams of excitement from the TV.

This happen always to my soccer-fan girlfriend. :megalol:

At least saw the Costa Rica match and despite only one goal, it was nice to watch and feel the excitement of the underdog nation. Good work Costa Rica!

I saw that also, but I have a different mood :cry:

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

I didn't know I'm such a football fan

OT/

Don't worry, It's really difficult to watch football while Selanne is still there to drive crazy NHL's defencemans (that are 20 or more years younger than him)... :beer:

/OT

ChromiumDis.png

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

I don't care for hockey either but maybe you're right... beer might have something to do with it! ;)

One of the problems with hockey is that I'm half Russian so you can imagine it creates an issue in social situations in a country mad about hockey.

Football is easier, both countries suck at it. :D

Spain being the World Cup Champion,

being the Nations Eurocup Champion,

a Spanish team being the Champions league winnner,

and also a Spanish team being the UEFA Cup winner...... not a single point has been won and i doubt that against Australia anything will be achieved because the players dont run, there is no energy, no hunger, no motivation. Its probably true that the players are burnt plus already a bit older than what would be the norm, but then they should have put a younger, hungrier, fresher team that havent won anything!!!

At least England had some fresh Young unexperienced players and they really tried, nothing to regret.

This World Cup is a disaster for Spain and a lot of shame has been felt!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I don't care for hockey either but maybe you're right

Is it legal in Finland? :lookaround:

Here in Italy if don't know the last 5 years stats of that retired soccer player that was in that lower division small team (failed some years ago), you may risk social embargo. *

I'm half Russian...

In Russia is surely not legal to not care about hockey. :D

... so you can imagine it creates an issue in social situations in a country mad about hockey.

Ok, that could justify you. A bit.

well it's not really that crazy, not everywhere almost. I may know some people that doesn't even care of the World Cup... or I may not, I ask to my lawyer and I'll correct this post :D

But believe me when I say that ANY other sport here it's secondary (Formula 1 and Moto GP also). You can't find anyone transmitting the volley World League in TV, or NHL's finals in pay-Tv. You may find Basketball, if you have Sky... right cause they play a spot every 45 seconds. But, for example, no journal titled with Belinelli win in the NBA finals, and it's the first one in our nation history... the sports-journal preferred to say some comments about Italia-Costa Rica match preparation.

ChromiumDis.png

This World Cup is a disaster for Spain and a lot of shame has been felt!

+1, but maybe it will go better next time, like France...

ChromiumDis.png

Ghana and USA going for the next phase?

Sooo, was I crazy to think this? :]

Ghana-2 Germany-1

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

God I hate those idiots at BBC praising Germany all the time for the handover Portugal gave them, after the first goal of Ghana even the BBC site is choking and stopped updating.

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

Germany was losing for some time. Ghana were brilliant! Best game I have watched so far.

My PC specs below:

Phew, what a game! 2-2 looks like a good outcome for both teams, both could have turned the tide with a late goal. Well done, Ghana!

So it's Klinsmann vs Loew then, Master vs Disciple.

Loew needs to rethink his lineup imho, it always seems that he reacts instead of acting.

I don't know. The US played very strong in their first game, but I don't think they'll be a match for the German team. Then again, this Worldcup already held tons of surprises, and my predictions for the second round have been almost entirely wrong, so a surprise US victory over Germany shouldn't come as a surprise... errr... whatever. :)

Ghana is always tough. They play quite hard and Germany sometimes has problems with that. Great game.

And the two goals for Ghana... well at least one was German defense half asleep. I guess Loew will have a word or two with some guys to try and stop such things.

I am looking forward to USA vs Germany :-)

And did you see Iran play? Not the most beautiful game, but they sure were fighting great.

*football

sorry I had to.

The OP had to use the word 'soccer' in the title. Otherwise the thread would have been filled with odd comments by confused Americans. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This is the world cupp of football referees. All that goal line technology, some spray`s seem to serve us misleading while they make mistakes and steal regular goals. FIFA - Mafia :police:

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

The OP had to use the word 'soccer' in the title. Otherwise the thread would have been filled with odd comments by confused Americans. ;)

In US they play Arm-egg.:megalol:

This what the guys are doing there has nearly nothing to do with foots and really nothing with a Ball.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

In US they play Arm-egg.:megalol:

This what the guys are doing there has nearly nothing to do with foots and really nothing with a Ball.

+1 :lol:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.