mission: General Helicopter Operations

piXel496

With regards to the Cargo AND the Bug you refer too, is that why I don't seem to ever get paid for the cargo ?

yes. cargo and scripts do not work since patch 1.2.12

I have flown several cargo loads which I place near the big hanger. I usually place it within a few feet of the Truck and/or Soldier that is parked/standing in front of the hanger opening.

I have hovered there and landed there and waited and waited and waited some more .. without getting any indication of ever being paid for it.

You did perfect. Sorry it is not working as suppost to at the moment.

:cry_2:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay .. thanks for the replies and information.

Just the same, I still like flying around doing the other things.

It's all good practice.

Plucking people off the sailboats can be challenging for sure.

Thanks for creating this mission. I hope you will continue to create missions (especially for the Huey, BlackShark and/or Mustang !!).

And I hope you are able to repair this mission some day soon (providing ED does whatever they have to do to make it work OR otherwise provide some sort of solution).

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 3 weeks later...

Started this thread from the beginning. The more I read, the faster I read cuz I couldn't wait to download this apparent gem. Then came the update disaster. Big let down.

Sorry piXel. I hope it can be salvaged.

Good point SnowTiger. Maybe I'll try it as is..

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Still worth having even without troop transport...

Thanks to your post I just discovered this mission! I still struggle to switch from straight flight to hover nicely AND to land where _I_ want to (normally the UH seems to think that another place some hundred meters away looks much nicer and forces me to land THERE :huh:)

This one is perfect training. :joystick:

Anyway: I quoted you Cibit because for me the troop transport works quite well. Only cargo seems to be broken.

Finally: Thanks a lot for that mission! :thumbup:

Spec: i7 3.4GHz; 16GB; NVidia GTX 970, 4GB; win10; 24' 1080; TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR5

I agree with you Durnox.

The mission is still fun even without the Cargo operations working. The fact is you can still pick up and drop off cargo, you just don't get paid for it. But it is great practice regardless.

I have had NO issues with the rest of the challenges ...i.e. Troop Transport and Catching Stolen Vehicles. While the former isn't all that challenging, the latter definitely can be, especially if your hover skills are still much to be desired. Hovering over a vehicle that is going down-hill is even more challenging (for me at least).

I rather enjoy flying this mission once or twice per week for the sake of both Practice and simple Enjoyment. It adds to the variety of mission types currently available which I feel there is still a shortage of IMO.

Flying the latest beta here and troop transport definitely worked a couple of weeks ago online. Just can't remember which server I was on, it was a Friday night and I was perhaps a bit beery at the time :huh: :D

Maybe they had a bunch of home-cooked scripts doing it, I don't know? But it certainly worked 100%.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Thanks to your post I just discovered this mission! I still struggle to switch from straight flight to hover nicely AND to land where _I_ want to (normally the UH seems to think that another place some hundred meters away looks much nicer and forces me to land THERE :huh:)

This one is perfect training. :joystick:

Anyway: I quoted you Cibit because for me the troop transport works quite well. Only cargo seems to be broken.

Finally: Thanks a lot for that mission! :thumbup:

We should do a MP game with this sometime. See who catches the most stolen vehicles etc:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add my voice to the crowd and say thanks for making (and sharing!) such a great mission.

I came here because I couldn't drop my passengers off and now understand why. I hope you're able to continue updating this mission as it is loads (pun intended ;-) of fun!

Cheers!

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

• 3 weeks later...
Thank's for this mission, I am having lots of fun with it :)

A question tho: is there any place where you can refuel or even repair?

According to the Mission Editor, both Novorossiysk and Gelendzhik belong to the Blue coalition, as do all countries except "Insurgents". So unless you pick an Insurgent unit (can this even be selected as a client or player?), you should be able to refuel, rearm and repair on either of these airfields (as well as Krymsk, BTW, which also belongs to Blue). :thumbup:

True, I have found my problem. "Easy communications" are forced activated in this mission and I can't seem to be able to use Intercom at least on A-10C and UH-1H when that setting is enabled. F8 appears grayed out. Deactivating that option in the mission editor did the trick :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Hello! Sorry my English at 1st.

We in =TMS= squad like this mission, so we fix some problems and add some new stuff. I belive piXel496 will not be angry if we publicate fixed version in his topic here.

Repaired: 1) beacon of stolen vehicle; 2) money for cargo; 3) time limit for group flight.

Changed: 1) freq of stolen veh to 500KHz AM (490KHz AM have beacon on Kobuleti, but not able to change sound file coz my prononce sucks); 2) added penalty for crashing; 3) added freqs for chanels for R-863; 4) hided all objects from F10 coz all what you need is map in briefing, flares, cargo requesting smoke, beacon.

PS. Use this devices to find vehicle

3CuBf4kb.jpg bg8oXXPb.jpg

General Helicopter Operations.miz

Edited by Chichco

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Я не читаю Чижей и прочий зоопарк..

Hi Chichco,

Thanks for posting a fixed version, unfortunately I can't test it at the moment. I lost update motivation since static objects became troublesome in DCS from december 2014 onwards. I like to pickup DCS (and scripting) next september when 2.15 is released.

Cheers,

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

thanks, I'll definitely try this out. I am sick of combat anyways...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hello and sry my Eng again!

There could be missed Score panel in F10 and other bugs in MP after last patch. Recommended (by ED developers) restart DCS on server every time before change mission to fix that problems.

Edited by Chichco

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

this will keep me busy (cargo slings and stolen cars). Might I suggest police helicopter at night as a function (be it military police, or just regular police).

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I think "rules of flying" will not allow you fly low at night (people want to sleep, many objects you can crash into like electical power lines) :P. But you can open mission in Mission Editor and change parameters of mission time/kind of choppers as you like :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

good point

I have flown and enjoyed the original version of this mission many times. I continue to fly it often even though the Cargo Lift doesn't pay out.

I have since downloaded and tried this revised mission.

BUT .... I'm having difficulties with the ADF Radio Frequency in the Huey.

I have set radio to the correct frequency as shown in the image posted by Chichco (post #66) and I do get the correct Freq Tone however, the needles on the Course Deviation Indicator don't seem to do ANYTHING now (whereas when we used Channel/Freq 49.00 on the AN/ARC-131 FM Radio Set, the Course Deviation Indicator worked fine).

As such, I can't find any of the stolen vehicles now.

Can someone please tell me with what I am doing wrong i.e. why the Course Deviation Indicator no longer directs me to the stolen vehicles ??

Hello and sorry for late response coz was again banned after report of new bug.

Seems that you haven't clear (without mountains) line between your UH and vehicle. In other words vehicle on other side of mountain that's between you and vehicle. You can try increase altitude and I belive your Course Deviation Indicator will wake up. Why you (and we all) hear signal but can't see direction of source - IDK, probably its one of their "implementation futures". I had an experience when 2 UH were in distance 100m from each other (same altitude) and in distance ~10km from source of signal. One chopper had direction to signal, another one hadn't at same point. He have to get closer (~6km away) to see his arrow moving. But I don't want to write them about new bugs cos don't wanna be banned anymore..

Edited by Chichco

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]