Dogs of War Server

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you see an explosion, wiggle the stick... taa daa....

:doh::megalol:

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Hurry up,109's are comming want to get some actual practice in to clean off the rust. :thumbup:

Incase you forgot how to draw a map http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+draw+a+map

I was using sarcasm, mate. I hate to break it to you, but (regretably) I don't work for you. :D

Edited by Charly_Owl

Had some D9 spawn issues yesterday on the 3 lakes map. At least 2 Spawn points result in your D9 destroying itself on game entry. One Spawn position was close to the fuel bowsers on the apron ... most western Spawn point. The other was inside one of the HAS ... not sure which one though.

Maybe its karma that I jumped on the Dogs of War server and got tore up by the Flak script ;)

Well you know what they say, you reap what you sow :D

Had some D9 spawn issues yesterday on the 3 lakes map. At least 2 Spawn points result in your D9 destroying itself on game entry. One Spawn position was close to the fuel bowsers on the apron ... most western Spawn point. The other was inside one of the HAS ... not sure which one though.

It's a known issue. We are trying to determine the best way to fix it but nothing we have tried has been the answer. Hattrick (the author of the mission) suggest the best fix if the problem persist is to A) change to the other side or B) exit and rejoin the server. The bug seems to be related to the air siren trigger which goes off when a new member respawns. For some reason when a plan spawns there is a random chance that the triggers we recognize that plane as an enemy unit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

It also happened to me in a P-51. After respawning a few times without problems I had to leave the server to stop the crashing upon respawn.

* The Airfield was under attack at that moment, as you stated, there seems to be a connection between the bug and the Alarm.

....and SiThSpAwN... heck... it got me too, ripped my Pony in pieces LoL.

For those with bad eyesight:

The easiest way to find ground targets is to fly low, THEY WILL FIND YOU !

Bit

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• ED Team

Just had a fly on the [DOW] server, and had great fun.

Thanks to [DOW]Chief for chasing me down, and forcing me to stall my wing :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Please more Sochi-Gudauta mission )

+1 best mission

Where's the server, is it only up certain times of day?

It wasn't online yesterday 20-21Z & its not online now either?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

the server is graciously hosted in Merlin's house/flat/van/box... so it is sometimes subject to needing a DoW member to notice that its down so we can tunnel in and get it started again.

That said, donations to Merlin for the cost of hosting this for the community are happily accepted over at our website - bottom left

He's not the kind of guy to ever ask but I am :D

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

the server is graciously hosted in Merlin's house/flat/van/box... so it is sometimes subject to needing a DoW member to notice that its down so we can tunnel in and get it started again.

That said, donations to Merlin for the cost of hosting this for the community are happily accepted over at our website - bottom left

He's not the kind of guy to ever ask but I am :D

Yes DoOom,

It's the rusty old van parked down by the river. You'll notice an ethernet cable hanging out of the window. :)

Great to hear that you guys are enjoying your time flying with us. I agree the missions that our guys are building have been quite awesome. Keep giving feedback, with the good and the bad. I know they love hearing what you guys think.

Sorry about the server downtime. We all try to keep an eye on it but of course it does crash from time to time when no one is watching. (I'd like to blame DCS for the crashes but I'm just thankful that it is much more stable than certain points in the past) I'm currently working on assembling a more robust hardware solution to handle the busiest parts of the day, which seem to bog the server machine down a bit, but we are not there yet. And to re-iterate the point above, any donations you guys can swing will be put to good use.

Edited by Merlin-27
Spelling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

+1 Merlin, looking forward to those improvements when we get there. I know there is a lot you are doing behind the curtains. It's pretty hard to imagine what the DCS WWII multiplayer scene would be like if it were not for your generosity.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update- Sorry to those who have been trying to access the server teamspeak channel over the last few days. We were performing some server maintenance which required some down time. As of today everything is back up and running as it should be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Merlin if you have any problems by all means use ours as

A standby untill yours is up and running

teamspeak3.i3d.net:10213

I'll on you the password ;-)

Thank you for the offer, Taffy. Your help has always been appreciated.

I had taken the TS server down on the existing machine to test some new hardware. :) Hope to see you flying on the server soon!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access